NFL 2008-09 Season

The Magic Number is 59

Just read something eerie........

After 59 games and 11 games into the 2004 season, Butch Davis resigned as Browns manager.

Yesterday was Romeo Crennel's 59th game and he just finished the 11th game into the 2008 season. Will RAC quit this week too?

Chris Palmer, Butch Davis, Terry Robiskie, Romeo Crennel.

All their outcomes are (or are about to be) similar. Maybe there is more wrong with that franchise than just the coach.....

Chris Palmer, Butch Davis, Terry Robiskie, Romeo Crennel.

All their outcomes are (or are about to be) similar. Maybe there is more wrong with that franchise than just the coach.....

Or inability to pick the correct one. There's excuses for the previous coaches. With RAC, he actually had the talent.

I agree. I'm all for a coaching change.

Don't mind my angry post either. I'm sure my temper will calm by the time they play again next Sunday. For now, I want Romeo the hell out of here.

After yesterday's game, I suspect you may be getting your Christmas gift earlier than you thought. Now if the Lions would just fire Marinelli before Christmas....

After yesterday's game, I suspect you may be getting your Christmas gift earlier than you thought. Now if the Lions would just fire Marinelli before Christmas....

Well, I just listened to Romeo's weekly Monday morning press conference. Both our Head Coach and GM are still here. :mad:

Last edited:
"Daze Of Our Lions"

"How to go lose 16 games in 16 easy steps"

Chapter 11:

OK, so you have an early lead. The thing to remember is not to panic. There is still plenty of time to blow this. Stick to your game plan and eventually things will correct themselves. Remember the three "P's" - PUNTS, PICKS, and PENALTIES. Don't forget about special teams, you can give away 6 pts. in one play, over and over again, with minimal effort. Other useful methods include missed tackles, and running the wrong route.

Now that you have blown the lead, it's time to get back to your core strengths - getting penalties, dropping passes, and making a lot of three-and-outs. Keep your eye on the prize.

By the numbers -

2 - the number of times we have reached Thanksgiving winless. 0-9 in 2001. It was a long road (7 yrs.), but we made it!

111.2 - Opposing QB's cumulative passer rating against the LIONS. The league leader entering yesterday's game was Kurt Warner -102.4 It would be higher if he played the LIONS.

17 - The LION'S lead after the first quarter.

14:49 - Time that it took to get that lead.

12:11 - Time that it took to lose that lead.

35 - Consecutive pts. they gave up.

299 - Return yds. (and 2 TD's) by the Bucs on interceptions, kickoff and punt returns.

Quotes of the week -

#1 - Duante Culpepper, when he was asked if the LIONS lacked "swagger" - "Swagger is no matter what the score is, you play the same way".

If that's the case, the LIONS have it in spades. They've been playing the same way for decades.

#2 - John Gruden after the game - "We can't fall behind 17-0 and expect to beat an NFL team".

Fortunately for you John, you weren't playing an NFL team.

Well that concludes this Sunday's episode. Tune in Thanksgiving at 12:30 EST, when the NFL brings you the biggest turkey of a game they possibly could. See you Friday for a special edition of "Daze of our Lions"!

HD MM,

have you seen the Rams and Chiefs?

Your Browns will NEVER be as pathetic as they are this year.

For all your criticism of the Browns' defense, they are STILL light years ahead of the Show-Me State's pathetic duo.

I know the Cards enjoy kicking field goals, but who in the world was responsible for choosing to kick a 68-yarder?!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCBBUMnRqbo"]Rackers, from 68 yards away[/ame]

Hide all the sharp objects, guns, and rope. Good thing that "evil school from the South" won, otherwise you might not have been here today to write.

LOL. I'll be ok. Still pissed about yesterday as you can tell though. Time heals everything I guess. I'm just sick of being let down, year after year from my teams though. These are trying times for Cleveland fans....

LOL. I'll be ok. Still pissed about yesterday as you can tell though. Time heals everything I guess. I'm just sick of being let down, year after year from my teams though. These are trying times for Cleveland fans....

The Cavs ARE 10-1 and tied with the Lakers for the league's best record.