NFL 2008-09 Season

I watched the Lions game, and it was eye-opening. More like jaw-dropping.

That is the first time I have seen them this year. I have watched every Bengals game this year, and they have NEVER played THAT bad (well, maybe against Houston). That had to be the worst display of defense I have ever seen.

If they play like that every game the rest of the year, they WILL run the table.

Whats that supposed to mean?

I would assume you are addressing me? I wouldn't know because you did not put my quote in your post. Which is about as unclear putting "Eagles" and no explanation with it in a post. I have no idea what you are talking about.

That's what it's supposed to mean.

EDIT: I see you have clarified your post. That's better.

I would assume you are addressing me? I wouldn't know because you did not put my quote in your post. Which is about as unclear putting "Eagles" and no explanation with it in a post. I have no idea what you are talking about.

That's what it's supposed to mean.

EDIT: I see you have clarified your post. That's better.
Sorry Moderator. Not quite sure how that makes it typical. It just so happends Jimbo sent his post at the same time as me and his post came up first. It happends.

I watched the Lions game, and it was eye-opening. More like jaw-dropping.

That is the first time I have seen them this year. I have watched every Bengals game this year, and they have NEVER played THAT bad (well, maybe against Houston). That had to be the worst display of defense I have ever seen.

If they play like that every game the rest of the year, they WILL run the table.

Like I said in "Daze of our Lions", the rest of you fine people here finally got see what Jimbo and I have been talking about for all these years. Trust me when I tell you that this is, with out any doubt, the worst team in NFL history. That includes the Tampa Bay franchise that went 0-24. (Or was it 0-26?). At least they had an excuse, seeing that they were a new franchise. Look at the last 4 games - Minnesota, (away, and we almost never win there), INDY, (you just know Manning is just licking his chops), New Orleans, (those guys scored 51 against Minnesota, and they PLAY defense.), and finally Green Bay (who will be fighting for a playoff spot, the same as the last three teams, and the added bonus of that we can't win in Lambeau).

0-16 is almost guaranteed. I defy anyone to tell me how this team could win any of these games. Opposing QB goes down? Minnesota's QB and Aaron Rodgers don't scare anyone, anyhow. We'll make stars of their back-ups. Besides Minnesota only has to hand the ball off to Peterson. Me and my bad knees could run through the holes Minnesota's line will make in that game. I could go on and on...

Sabre was right about my head exploding - except that it already happened. The new head will explode also if the Lions screw up this chance at immortality. I mean, what's the point of a 1-15 or 2-14 season? If you're going to screw the pooch, go all the way.

The last time we did this a few seasons ago, our loss differential was like 8 pts. a game. This is what, 4 years later, and we've gotten worse? We're losing by 25 pts. a game AT HOME! Our starting QB is a guy even the Chiefs didn't want. Most of these players wouldn't even have jobs in the Arena football league.

I got to stop now, my head's ready to explode again!

looks like you gonna get to see the lions go 0-16 paul. do they seem as bad as last year's fins or are they worse?

Is anyone else going to give ANY team in the NFC a chance to make the Super Bowl?

I'm the only guy that seems to do so.

The vibes I hear form the media and everyone is that the rest of the NFC isn't that great, probablyt should just give up and not bother with the supposedly "invincible" Giants.

Well, I'm not kissing New York's big blue butts!

Mark my words- they will NOT repeat!

THE GIANTS WILL NOT REPEAT BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO DAMN OVERRATED AND OVERHYPED!

(However, I picked them to win this week, so I won't complain for another week)

It doesn't take much to say 1 team will not win the Super Bowl. You have 31 in 32 chances to get that prediction right. Now that we are all aware that you're an anti Giant, who do you think is better than them in the NFC and can possibly be the NFC's representative for the Super Bowl?

besides the giants i have a hard team picking another team in the NFC that might make a run at the superbowl. if you look at the stats and teams that were beat with winning records i may be inclined to throw the bucs in there or the panthers or if the cowboys get things going in the right direction they may compete for this but i'm not completely convinced on these teams. any of you guys have a team or teams in mind that you're not completely sold on??

If you remember a few years back during that sason when the lions started 0-12, losing close games, they won a few games, and took the stance of "Look good things happened down the stretch, we are on our way"

That is why I think 0-16 must happen, so a complete Anema can occur! any wins and they will feed us that HOPE B.S.

On another note....this is my 700 post and its about the lions....:(

You think the Eagles have a chance at the Super Bowl?! They're the worst team in their own division. What makes you think they have a realistic shot at the Super Bowl, let alone just making the playoffs?
Because they still Have to play all the teams in their division again. And they do still have a chance.

If you remember a few years back during that sason when the lions started 0-12, losing close games, they won a few games, and took the stance of "Look good things happened down the stretch, we are on our way"

That is why I think 0-16 must happen, so a complete Anema can occur! any wins and they will feed us that HOPE B.S.

On another note....this is my 700 post and its about the lions....:(

See post #3187. We are at rock bottom, we are worse than the first season of the MILLEN ERROR! The thing is, I don't trust the Ford's to do anything right in trying to correct this. Why should I? They've f*&%ed this up, for what 44-45 yrs. now? It's not like the Ford "lightbulb" ("A better idea") is going to come on now, is it? What are they waiting for in firing Marinelli? This guy is hopelessly in over his head, yet he still there. I would have thought 0-6 would have been enough, let alone 1-19, since the halfway point of last season.

See post #3187. We are at rock bottom, we are worse than the first season of the MILLEN ERROR! The thing is, I don't trust the Ford's to do anything right in trying to correct this. Why should I? They've f*&%ed this up, for what 44-45 yrs. now? It's not like the Ford "lightbulb" ("A better idea") is going to come on now, is it? What are they waiting for in firing Marinelli? This guy is hopelessly in over his head, yet he still there. I would have thought 0-6 would have been enough, let alone 1-19, since the halfway point of last season.

Paul,
What car/truck do you drive ?
You better not say a Ford ....:D

Jimbo

quick-draw-mcgraw.jpg

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3733021"]New York Giants' Plaxico Burress suffers accidental gunshot wound - ESPN[/ame]

No comment won't want to upset the athlete rumpswabs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)