NFL 2008-09 Season

I heard you make this comment before and I really don't think that JaMarcus not having WR's around him are the issue with him or this team.

Other teams are successful with lesser receivers:

Look at the Titans who have Justin Gage and Justin McCareins.

Look at the Vikings who have Bernard Berrian and Sydney Rice.

Look at the Falcons who have Michael Jenkins and Roddy White.

My point is, better receivers don't necessarily make a QB. If that was the case, the Lions and Texans would have the best QB's in the league!

So you are saying that the Raiders issues are JaMarcus being a bust? Tell me, at HOW MANY GAMES do you give a new QB time to know the system? Mind you, please take into consideration that he doesn't even have a COMPLETE season under his belt and yet has had TWO head coaches....

...Tell me, how long you would give the GREAT Brady Quinn before you call him a bust?

So you are saying that the Raiders issues are JaMarcus being a bust? Tell me, at HOW MANY GAMES do you give a new QB time to know the system? Mind you, please take into consideration that he doesn't even have a COMPLETE season under his belt and yet has had TWO head coaches....

...Tell me, how long you would give the GREAT Brady Quinn before you call him a bust?

Not saying JaMarcus is solely to blame for the Raiders woes. The issues stem much deeper that him or his lack of receivers. That's all I'm saying.

Paul,
What car/truck do you drive ?
You better not say a Ford ....:D

Jimbo

2002 Dodge Ram 1500, 4x4, quad cab. 58,000 miles on it, and I will drive it into the ground. My next truck (in 10 yrs.) will probably be a Ford, (nothing but trouble with every GM I've owned) because I seriously doubt Chrysler will still be around then.

Not saying JaMarcus is solely to blame for the Raiders woes. The issues stem much deeper that him or his lack of receivers. That's all I'm saying.

No but you are stating that the guy is a bust before he even gets 16 games UNDER his belt...basically saying it's time to give up on JaMarcus.

I have 3 Chevy vans I use for my employees that have 35-65,000 on them and not 1 Issue yet.
I had 2 ford econoline 350 one with a 6.8 and one with a 5.4
At 27,000 the 5.4 needed both head Gaskets done,at 31,000 needed exhuast maifold gaskets done, 37,000 needed new Torque Converter in the trans. and at 45,000 I traded it in.
V10 needed at 37,000 miles 4 Coil packs, Mass airflow sensor. At 47,000 Needed Exhaust Manifold gaskets replaced, and that cost $2800, and that was the last straw for the fords. I also left out the massive amouts of Brake jobs and front end parts. Along with Tires.
Sorry No more Fords for this guy. But I'll stay on topic now.

I have 3 Chevy vans I use for my employees that have 35-65,000 on them and not 1 Issue yet.
I had 2 ford econoline 350 one with a 6.8 and one with a 5.4
At 27,000 the 5.4 needed both head Gaskets done,at 31,000 needed exhuast maifold gaskets done, 37,000 needed new Torque Converter in the trans. and at 45,000 I traded it in.
V10 needed at 37,000 miles 4 Coil packs, Mass airflow sensor. At 47,000 Needed Exhaust Manifold gaskets replaced, and that cost $2800, and that was the last straw for the fords. I also left out the massive amouts of Brake jobs and front end parts. Along with Tires.
Sorry No more Fords for this guy.

Hopefully, I won't have to make any decisions for a long time.

No but you are stating that the guy is a bust before he even gets 16 games UNDER his belt...basically saying it's time to give up on JaMarcus.

Didn't call the guy a bust. Just wondering at what point can the question be raised and at what point can the quarterback be held responsible for not performing up to expectations? Regardless of whether or not he's surrounded by the right talent, there surely has to be a way to determine if he's your QB of the future right?

7. So much for the Raiders playoff hopes. The lowly Chiefs beat the Silver and Black for the 6th consecutive time!

9. These Browns won't win another game this year. Woe is Cleveland!

7. I thought the Raiders beat the Chiefs in KC earlier this year.

9. Can't wait 'til Dec. 21! It's gonna be a good ol' good one!

My point is, better receivers don't necessarily make a QB.

fantasy_u_boldin_fitzgerald_412.jpg

Not sure your point?

Great receivers make a good QB better. They don't make a mediocre QB great though.

Kurt Warner was a good QB before he had Fitz and Boldin. When Leinart was the QB, these receivers didn't turn him into an All-Pro.

Like I said. Reference Houston and Detroit. Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson are 2 of the best receivers in the game. Yet both teams still struggle at the QB position.

Well, the JAX/HOU game to me only settles who is in my NOT 10...but really two sides of the same coin. :)

With that here we go:

My Week 13 HOT 10:

1. NY Giants
2. Tennessee
3. Pittsburgh
4. Atlanta
5. Baltimore
6. Tampa Bay
7. Carolina
8. Indianapolis
9. Dallas
10. Denver

NOT 10:

10b. Jacksonville
10a. Houston
9. San Diego
8. San Francisco
7. Oakland
6. Cleveland
5. Kansas City
4. Seattle
3. Cincinnati
2. St. Louis
1. Detroit

2002 Dodge Ram 1500, 4x4, quad cab. 58,000 miles on it, and I will drive it into the ground. My next truck (in 10 yrs.) will probably be a Ford, (nothing but trouble with every GM I've owned) because I seriously doubt Chrysler will still be around then.

Yeah paul! FORD baby! ;) they've always been solid for me. at least they make a better truck than how they run a team. :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)