NFL 2009-10 Season

Well Round 1 of the the "F"-Bowl goes to MinneSO-TA. :)

As they always say "Hell have no fury like a QB scorned". :D

...and with that it's time for the Week 4 HOT/NOT 10:

HOT 10

1. Giants
2. Colts
3. Saints
4. Patriots
5. Bears
6. Ravens
7. Eagles
8. Vikings
9. 49ers
10. Broncos

NOT 10

10. Cardinals
9. Seahawks
8. Redskins
7. Buccaneers
6. Titans
5. Lions
4. Chiefs
3. Raiders
2. Browns
1. Rams

The Vikings are #8 in your "Hot" list?!!!! :eek:

MNF Thoughts

Excellent game last night. Green Bay took away the run and pretty much shut down AD last night. Ol' reliable, Mr. Favre made them pay.

Say what you will about his indecisions during the offseason, but the passion this guy plays with is very awe inspiring. Oh btw, he can still play. With #4 showcasing what he can still do through the air makes me think the Vikings are 1 of 3 teams in the NFC with a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl.

Aaron Rodgers also showed a lot of heart too. He's got to be one of the most accurate passers in the game right now. That team needs to do a better job in protecting him. It seemed as if he was under durress the entire game, but Aaron stepped up and threw for nearly 400 yards and 2 TD's. (Should've been 3 if not for Donald Lee dropping a TD in the endzone).

Game 1 goes to Minny. Can't wait to see these two square up at historic Lambeau Field!

More thoughts on what is now the conclusion of 1/4th of the NFL Regular Season in a few. (My, how this season flies!)

Whatsa matter, you only like the teams with good records? Are you a bandwagon fan or something? (GASP!)

You're from Florida, right? Pick a team, your state has 3. (Miami, Tampa and Jacksonville).

No I just prefer college ball over NFL. So I never really supported any NFL team as I have the UF. I just think the College players play so much harder and with so much more heart it makes for a more entertaining day.

And I said in hte post you quoted Id pick the Bucs as my team. Certainly not a bandwagon here cause they suck :p

Do any NFL teams run the no huddle offense? Spread offense? It gets boring watching them stop to huddle every play and takeing forever to pick a play :)

Wow, you must not watch much NFL. The Colts have already been on Sunday Night and Monday Night football this year too...:confused:

Peyton Manning is just a bit better than the college boys at it. ;)

Sandra

Well Round 1 of the the "F"-Bowl goes to MinneSO-TA. :)

As they always say "Hell have no fury like a QB scorned". :D

...and with that it's time for the Week 4 HOT/NOT 10:

HOT 10

1. Giants
2. Colts
3. Saints
4. Patriots
5. Bears
6. Ravens
7. Eagles
8. Vikings
9. 49ers
10. Broncos

NOT 10

10. Cardinals
9. Seahawks
8. Redskins
7. Buccaneers
6. Titans
5. Lions
4. Chiefs
3. Raiders
2. Browns
1. Rams

Wait.... you have the Chiefs above the Raiders and the Raiders beat them IN KC??

LMAO! Ok, I guess you ARE entitled to your opinion....

Sorry, but he was blocked and while falling, he was close enough to try to grab the legs and they called that bull**** call. Hell, even TURNED AROUND and looked at the ref and almosr litterally asked "did you see that....he had the nerve to touch me....." And then turned giddy as a little school girl.

NO, he is not at fault, but the rules have gotten so bad that if you fart on a QB, it's unsportsmans like conduct....

...and you would be a COMPLETE fool to not think the NFL does not go out of it's way to protect Brady. Hell, the rule put in THIS year named after him.....:rolleyes:

He was not blocked, it was so obvious that he was going for Brady's knees. It was a ****ing cheap shot. Plain and simple.

So when a receiver gets interfered with, they never ask for a flag do they? Defensive ends never ask for holding flags?

He was not blocked, it was so obvious that he was going for Brady's knees. It was a ****ing cheap shot. Plain and simple.

So when a receiver gets interfered with, they never ask for a flag do they? Defensive ends never ask for holding flags?

And that my friend is the problem I have with today's NFL.

What happened to letting the game happen?
Players play, hit hard and make the other guy pay for any success during a play?

We now have QB's and receiver's wearing dresses.
The O-linemen have a hands off approach to the game.
Defensive backfield players having to play their opponents like they are made of crystal.

Taunting? Really? Seriously?

Any flagrant acts or remarks that deride, mock, bait or embarrass an opponent are considered taunting. This includes, but is not limited to, spiking the football near a defender after a touchdown, shoving the ball at an opponent, or repeated finger-pointing. (my wording)

Remember, if you spike the ball near an opponent after a play, you risk being called for taunting even if you don't mean to taunt.

Chillar for Taunting? what did he say? "I just planted your ass, get up so I can do it again" Did he curse? did he say something about Peterson's parental lineage?

Couldn't you call the same thing on Jared Allen after every sack?

See Above language from the NFL.

I was waiting to see flag thrown on the Packers for hitting Pearcy too hard.

Jerry Glanville had it right. N.F.L. stands for the No Fun League.

Last edited:

Players play, hit hard and make the other guy pay for any success during a play?

Defensive backfield players having to play their opponents like they are made of crystal.

Any flagrant acts or remarks that deride, mock, bait or embarrass an opponent are considered taunting. This includes, but is not limited to, spiking the football near a defender after a touchdown, shoving the ball at an opponent, or repeated finger-pointing. (my wording)

Remember, if you spike the ball near an opponent after a play, you risk being called for taunting even if you don't mean to taunt.

Chillar for Taunting? what did he say? "I just planted your ass, get up so I can do it again" Did he curse? did he say something about Peterson's parental lineage?

Jerry Glaville had it right. N.F.L. stands for the No Fun League.

excellent post!

AGAIN, as you said earlier...if you don't like it, blame the rules committee. By creating ALL these rules, you now have more or less put a bounty on some of these QBs. And you will NEVER hear a QB complain about the rules because 90% of them are made of glass. GONE are the days of tough QBs lowering their heads and GIVING the hit....and like pitchers in the American League that can throw at batters and don't have to hit....QBs can talk all this sh** they want because all the rules are there to preotect their pretty little a$$.:rolleyes:

So whether you want to be realistic or be a homer, the league is OUT to protect the pretty boy in New England.;)

Jerry Glanville had it right. N.F.L. stands for the No Fun League.

Listen I agree with you. The roughing the passer calls against Ngata and Wright(which doesn't seem to get mentioned) were bad calls, no question so that evens out, I don't get why Lewis is solely blaming the refs for a loss, that is just as "bitch" in my book.

I agree with what you are saying, but what Suggs did should never happen in any level of football or any other sport. Purposely trying to take an opponent out with a dirty hit is not cool now or ever was.

Listen I agree with you. The roughing the passer calls against Ngata and Wright(which doesn't seem to get mentioned) were bad calls, no question so that evens out, I don't get why Lewis is solely blaming the refs for a loss, that is just as "bitch" in my book.

I agree with what you are saying, but what Suggs did should never happen in any level of football or any other sport. Purposely trying to take an opponent out with a dirty hit is not cool now or ever was.

AGAIN, you do not know he was doing it on purpose. Football is a vicious sport and ALL hits are ON PURPOSE. But you are talking about someone TRYING to take someone out and end there career....BIG DIFFERENCE. ALL hits are intended to hurt someone, that is the nature of the game. Not all hits are intended to end careers.

AGAIN, you do not know he was doing it on purpose. Football is a vicious sport and ALL hits are ON PURPOSE. But you are talking about someone TRYING to take someone out and end there career....BIG DIFFERENCE. ALL hits are intended to hurt someone, that is the nature of the game. Not all hits are intended to end careers.
Going at somebody's knees after the ball has left his hand is dirty.

So whether you want to be realistic or be a homer, the league is OUT to protect the pretty boy in New England.;)

IMO, it was a dirty play.

And as God is my judge, I would say it if was Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, JaMarcus Russell or ANY QB in the league. And that includes if it were the Pats going after a QB's knee.

I'm not looking at that play through silver and blue colored glasses. I called out Vince Wilfork a couple of years ago on his low hit to J.P. Losman.

What Peyton Manning is doing this season is just unbelievable. New coaches, new receivers, no running game..... and so what. This guy will be remembered as maybe the very best to play the position.

Peyton Manning is a GREAT QB and a sure fire first ballot HOF!

But sorry folks, in the postseason Tom Brady has outperformed him...........by a LOT!!!

Brady is 14-3 in the postseason throwing to the likes of Troy Brown (who was GREAT, but Brady clearly made him better), David Patten and David Givens (Brady had one postseason with Moss and Welker).

Meanwhile, Manning is 7-8 in the postseason throwing to the likes of Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark.

BOTH have had great regular season records (I think they are a game or two apart), but the postseason has belonged to Brady.

Once again, this isn't a "homer" pick. I'd be saying the same thing if I lived in Timbucktoo, Idaho! :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)