NFL 2009-10 Season

Peyton Manning is a GREAT QB and a sure fire first ballot HOF!

But sorry folks, in the postseason Tom Brady has outperformed him...........by a LOT!!!

Brady is 14-3 in the postseason throwing to the likes of Troy Brown (who was GREAT, but Brady clearly made him better), David Patten and David Givens (Brady had one postseason with Moss and Welker).

Meanwhile, Manning is 7-8 in the postseason throwing to the likes of Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark.

BOTH have had great regular season records (I think they are a game or two apart), but the postseason has belonged to Brady.

Once again, this isn't a "homer" pick. I'd be saying the same thing if I lived in Timbucktoo, Idaho! :cool:

VERY subjective argument, especially since in this discussion you are basing it on record alone. Of course in some ways wins and losses are all that matters, but their playoff records are a product of a lot more than just the QB.

You bring up the receivers, but forget to mention the fact that the Patriots' defense has always been miles better than the Colts' defense. That's a factor you cannot ignore.

Sandra

I thought you were a Boston Sports fan? Is that only in Baseball? Which bandwagon are you on in football?
Only in Baseball and Basketball and for longer than you have been breathing. I am not on ANY bandwagon. Never have been. Real sports Fans are not on those. And BTW being a fan should not make one blind to cheating.

Chiefs Put Dwayne Bowe on the Trading Block!

“… If a team out there made a good offer for Bowe, he would be gone tomorrow” Adam Schefter told ESPN on Thursday. Schefter would also go on to add that “Like I said, outside of [Matt] Cassel and [Tyson] Jackson, there’s no Chief who can’t be had for the right price. New regimes like their own players; this is not something new to Haley and Scott Pioli. This is a universal truth.”

Breaking News : Chiefs Put Dwayne Bowe On The Trading Block | NFL Touchdown

Yeah, that's about 2 weeks old, and Haley will do whatever it takes to make the team into a winner. After Croyle's first game I'd expect even Cassel to be expendable if they didn't sign such a large contract with him.

I think Crabtree could be pretty huge for the 49ers, they were talking about it this morning on the radio about how with this kind of talent you don't need them to learn the complete system before they start getting some play time. Putting him in the game during passing situations and having him cross the middle, or in goal line situations he's a huge target... I think it will be interesting to watch him try and catch Harvin's stats which I think he could do pretty quickly with the 49ers offense clicking the way it is.

Ahhh. The old postseason record comparison vs. the stat machine regular season guy.

I was always the one to argue Dan Marino was the greatest QB of his era, while others picked Joe Montana. There are just too many variables to give the nod to the guy with more rings. But that's just my humble opinion.

I realize titles are what counts most, but with all things considered, I'd still take Marino over Montana (put him on some of those 49er teams and see what kind of records he'd shatter). The same as I'd pick Manning over ANY other QB playing today.

Good points made here. There are many ways to measure a players greatness. The lack of rings doesn't deter me from admiring a QB's talent. Bradshaw's numbers were not in the company of some of the names here, but 4 rings speak loud and clear also. With all the years Manning has left in his career, rings may still be in his future too. With or without them, he is still one of the best I have ever seen in my nearly 52 years.

Nice post Matt.

No, there's just a lot of people that don't fit what they're trying to do. They've already turned over 30+ players, Carl Peterson put this team in a huge hole.

Some teams were desperate for a WR (see: Jets) and having already traded away one of the better defensive players in the game and a hall of fame TE with gas left in the tank, the team is still rebuilding and good teams do that via the draft.

They are building a run-first team and have had success with the scrub FA WR pickups like Ingram and Wade, Bowe is expendable if the price is right.

Wonder how happy the Raiders would be if they managed to pick him up somehow... JaMarcus and Bowe together again.

It likely wont happen though... the article is from 2 weeks ago. Trade deadline is less than 2 weeks away.

Brady agrees that they benefited from blown calls in the Ravens game..

"I think we were on the fortunate end of a few [calls] last week. Other times, we haven't been. In the end, they all probably even out."

Brady pointed out that he doesn't make the rules, but he's happy to ask for a call if it helps his team win a game.

"I want the penalty called. I want 15 yards. I don't care if they hit me or not. That's an advantage for our offense. You just want to make sure the refs . . . I go hug the refs before the game, and ask about his kids and stuff like that. I'm trying to get him on our side."

Raiders have signed RB Gary Russell, he was a Raider earlier in the year, and has 100 yards and 3 TDs as a Steeler.

49ers have gotten a roster exemption for Crabtree, they have until 10/19 to activate him, otherwise they'd have to release someone now for a player that's not ready.

It's basically the deal he would have gotten originally, he has to be the 2nd coming of Randy Moss to void year 6. He got the appropriate deal for his slot. They got nothing for holding out.

Thats great to hear.

I wish they would institute a Rookie cap and pay scale, then after your 2-3 years, then you can get the big pay day.

NCAA proposes tough taunting, concussion rules

Is it possible to watch MLB.TV on a TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)