NFL 2009-10 Season

And that's exactly what happened, per the DA there was some altercation, but they can't prove anything with the evidence they have, so they're not going to waste people's time with a jury trial when they think there's reasonable doubt.

Time for the NFL to do their thing if anything.

Last edited:
Browns CB, Eric Wright's Car Flipped!

WMMS/100.7 FM (flagship station) reports that Browns cornerback Eric Wright flipped his Mercedes-Benz three times on 77-S/I-490 at approximately 2:10 AM this morning. Wright had attended the Jay-Z concert held in Cleveland and was reportedly heading home following an afterparty.

Police report states that Wright was driving too fast for conditions, but was not cited. Wright reportedly was treated and released from the hospital hours later.

Nineteen Action News states that alcohol is currently not even mentioned in the report. Luckily, the report states that no one was injured in the accident. We will surely have more as this develops.

... This season keeps getting better and better. :eek:

Report: Eric Wright’s Car Flipped Last Night | WaitingForNextYear

Fri, 10/23/2009 - 12:43pm

Wife of Patriots exec blasts Titans

By: Christopher Price

The wife of former Tennessee GM and current Patriots senior adviser Floyd Reese called a Nashville radio station Thursday to hammer the Titans and coach Jeff Fisher, accusing the franchise of treating her husband poorly and saying she was hoping New England would have scored 100 points against Tennessee last Sunday.
Sally Reese, the wife of Patriots senior adviser Floyd Reese, called WGFX-FM in Nashville on Thursday to defend her husband, who she says lost a power struggle with Fisher. Reese was let go by the Titans when his contract expired in January 2007. After spending a year working for ESPN, Reese was hired by Bill Belichick on Jan. 27.
"He kept Jeff from getting fired two times," Reese said of her husband, who was with the franchise for 21 years. "So if he'd let him get fired, he'd still be there. Hello? That's hindsight. ... Sunday I was hoping they'd run it to 100. And I love Tennessee. All you Tennessee people, my dad's from Tennessee, but when you get sucker punched, you want to sucker punch back."

Question of the Day

Q: Anyone else think SF Coach, Mike Singletary is setting a bad precedence by starting Michael Crabtree from Day 1 of eligibility (following the contract holdout)?

Q: Anyone else think SF Coach, Mike Singletary is setting a bad precedence by starting Michael Crabtree from Day 1 of eligibility (following the contract holdout)?

Against that iffy Texan defense, and with Frank Gore still out, they don't have too many options to exploit Houston's leaky pass defense.

If he's ready, then no I don't think it's a problem. He didn't get a better contract because of the holdout, that was the only message that needed to be made clear as a result of all of this. Now it's on to winning with him as one of the new stars in the offense.

If he's ready, then no I don't think it's a problem. He didn't get a better contract because of the holdout, that was the only message that needed to be made clear as a result of all of this. Now it's on to winning with him as one of the new stars in the offense.

Let see how he does, BEFORE you make a STAR out of him.
The majority of WR's struggle in the NFL in thier first few years.

There's no question he has talent, but he's on a team that needs more playmakers at WR for a relative pedestrian QB with their star RB out. There's an opening there for him to make a massive impact on this team if a combination of his worth ethic and the coaching staff can apply that talent to what the 49ers are doing.

As a high first round pick, he's already a star, now he has to live up to it.

Let see how he does, BEFORE you make a STAR out of him.

There's no question he has talent, but he's on a team that needs more playmakers at WR for a relative pedestrian QB with their star RB out. There's an opening there for him to make a massive impact on this team if a combination of his worth ethic and the coaching staff can apply that talent to what the 49ers are doing.

As a high first round pick, he's already a star, now he has to live up to it.

The second part of my post still stands :

How many top 10 picks have to earn their starting spot? The investment is too great and on the other hand the talent is generally there to justify it. How do we know he hasn't earned it over the last 2 weeks as he prepares for Houston? Not a particularly stellar group at WR, a lot of remarkably average guys in San Fran in addition to the aging Issac Bruce.

88 I. Bruce
84 J. Morgan
18 M. Spurlock
81 B. Jones
83 A. Battle

And if you think about it, how many WRs can really have a 'good' year their first year? It's probably the deepest position on the depth chart. How many good WRs don't do well because they're behind proven talent?

All WRs aren't Darrius Heyward-Bey, but I'll concede they're all not Percy Harvin either.

Speaking of the guy drafted in the spot that Crabtree expected to go to, DHB has 2 catches for 36 yards this season... Crabtree pass him his first game?

Last edited:
Raiders WR Chaz Schilens was expected to spell Louis Murphy and DHB this week but was unable to complete practice friday as his foot got sore - the one he had surgery on 3 months ago. He's now questionable.

Also questionable, DEs Greg Ellis and Richard Seymour... Ellis was limited in practice wed-thurs and missed Fridays entirely. Seymour has a stomach bug but is expected to play.

Chargers blowing out the Chiefs, but wow are they awful in the red zone. something like 9-11 plays 5 yards or closer and no TDs this game for them. They just now ran it 4x and turned it over on downs at the 1.

Other than MIN-PIT, these early games are dreadful!!!

The disparity between the haves and the have-nots is scary this year!!!

Woodley just returned a Favre fumble 77 yards to the house.

Percy Harvin just returned the kickoff 88 yards for a TD.

Steelers 20, Vikings 17...................6:09 left

Referee got hurt on the Vikings TD.

NCAA proposes tough taunting, concussion rules

Is it possible to watch MLB.TV on a TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts