NFL 2009-10 Season

More on this... :eek: Damn!

mangini-Augustus-Gloop-River-300x180.jpg

"he can't svim"- Mrs. Gloop :D

Through five weeks they certainly are the class of the NFL, but you have to take their schedule into account. Washington, Dallas, Tampa Bay, Kansas City and Oakland are a combined 6-19, so the Giants aren't the only ones beating up on them.

Factor in...two of Dallas' wins were against Tampa Bay and Kansas City, one of Washington's wins was against Tampa Bay (the other against the Rams...and they lost to Detroit), and Oakland's win was against Kansas City.

So take out games against each other, where somebody had to win, and the teams the Giants have beaten are a combined 2-15, with one of those two wins agains the Rams. :eek:

Everyone has been beating up on these teams.

The Giants next six games are a little tougher:

New Orleans
Arizona
Philadelphia
San Diego
Atlanta
Denver

Win five of those six, and you'll have to make room for me on the 'class of the NFL' bandwagon. But not until then.

Sandra

At the risk of twisting a bra strap patting myself on the back...this post has a little more resonance now than it did nine days ago...;)

Sandra

To make matters worse, these players all have the Flu: Jerome Harrison, Alex Mack, Anthony Madison, Brodney Pool, Shaun Rogers, Robert Royal, Lawrence Vickers, Corey Williams, and Kamerion Wimbley.

They're still testing for and privacy laws may prevent the disclosure of it being the notorious H1N1 strain.

At least it isnt staph.

Does Mangini ever show any emotion during his games? Buddy Ryan was going nuts over a call, and then they cut to Mangini, and he looked like he just woke up.

The Chiefs signed a DT named Kenny Smith. He hasn't played in a football game since 2003 when he was with the Saints. He hasn't been on a team since that I'm aware of. WTF.

Last edited:
To make matters worse, these players all have the Flu: Jerome Harrison, Alex Mack, Anthony Madison, Brodney Pool, Shaun Rogers, Robert Royal, Lawrence Vickers, Corey Williams, and Kamerion Wimbley.

They're still testing for and privacy laws may prevent the disclosure of it being the notorious H1N1 strain.

Apparently the flu is the only thing this team CAN catch right now. :D

Haha.

My friend wouldn't find that funny, since there's defensive lineman in that list. We played our online franchise game against each other last night and I hit his rookie QB as he went to throw it, and it lobbed it in the air 3 yards to my DT who ran it back for a TD. Bills 56 Vikings 30, he was not a happy camper.

Ryan Fitzpatrick expected to start for the Bills this week, and Jason Campbell will be starting for the Redskins. Todd Collins has been told to "be ready" and that Jason Campbell is on a very short leash.

Yep.

And for those who didn't see it, THIS was awarded a first down after a 4th and 1 by the Steelers. What other evidence do you need?! This call was so obvious, yet the refs called it a first down? WTF?! I realize it was a call against the Browns (who cares about us, right?), but could you imagine this call being made during a Monday Night Game for all to see?

img1255997106928.jpg

The same type of thing happened in a college game the day before I was watching, the were short by a few inches and the chains came out and was short, the official rolled the ball towards the chains closer and when he rolled it, it was NOW a 1st down.

At least it isnt staph.

Does Mangini ever show any emotion during his games? Buddy Ryan was going nuts over a call, and then they cut to Mangini, and he looked like he just woke up.

The Chiefs signed a DT named Kenny Smith. He hasn't played in a football game since 2003 when he was with the Saints. He hasn't been on a team since that I'm aware of. WTF.

Shaun Rogers and linebacker Kamerion Wimbley have returned to practice, but Mangini has confirmed that 2 players have tested positive for H1N1.

- At 2pm PST the DA is expected to announce charges/plea/nothing about the investigation into the alleged assault on Hanson that resulted in him breaking his jaw.

It's clear Hanson was pushed and the result was his broken jaw. If there wasn't felony intent, or if the witnesses did not corroborate the story they may press no or only misdemeanor chargers. They could dismiss it entirely, or they could announce that Cable plead out of it.

Either way, once this is done, it will pave the way for the NFL to act, if no charges are filed he's still expected to face discipline from the league.

- Romeo Crennel and Marty Schottenheimer have been named as the coaches for the 85th East-West Shrine Game.

- At 2pm PST the DA is expected to announce charges/plea/nothing about the investigation into the alleged assault on Hanson that resulted in him breaking his jaw.

Press conference scheduled for 6:30pm EST, and a written statement will be released sometime prior.

My guess is no charges because of the interpretation of intent required for the felony charge. NFL will then come down on him hard, and Hanson could sue him and the Raiders civilly for a pretty hefty sum. Hard to see no charges at all, so maybe they'll go the simple misdemeanor route.

Last edited:

NCAA proposes tough taunting, concussion rules

Is it possible to watch MLB.TV on a TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)