NFL 2009-10 Season

Good decision. Because Faulk made it!
I would have liked to have seen a few more replays....Too bad Belichick burned those timeouts. Awful, awful coaching in the final 3 minutes......I feel bad for you Pats fans. That's a tough loss to take.

The last time I recall a coach making such a horrendous fourth down decision to go for it- Barry Switzer in 1995.

When that play happened, I immediately had a flashback to that.

I never said that they would not make the playoffs.

No, your not the one .... HDMM did and I 'm not sure if others have .
Just seems like a stupid thing to say seeing they are only a game back in the conference view of things, Cincy is now 2 ahead of the Steeler's, but that means nothing in the Conference other than Pittsburgh won't have home field if they play Cincy.

You Bengals fans are making it sound like the Steeler's with this loss would be OUT of the playoffs, IF the season ended today.

Current standing show that the following teams would make it:

Indy 9-0
Cincy 7-2
New England and Denver at 6-3 as division winners.
Then it would come down to 2 more teams Pittsburgh and San Diego at 6-3, Steelers get the 5 spot as they beat SD already.

Last edited:
I don't blame Belichick for wanting to go for it. They outplayed Indy all night and deserved to win the game, but their defense was gassed. The Colts went through NE's defense like a hot knife through butter on the previous drive. You know what would have happened if NE punted. Where Belichick screwed up was burning a timeout before the play and tipping his hand. If NE came out in a punt formation, as everyone expected, the Colts would have had a return setup. That would mean everyone for Indy would clear off the line after the ball was snapped. If the Pats had run a fake punt they could have easily picked up the 1st down. And if they failed at least they'd have a timeout left to keep some time on the clock. Belichick had the right idea, but it didn't work.

Last edited:
Today was a crazy day of football.

The Bengals got a statement win, the Jaguars and Dolphins pulled off last-minute wins, the Rams gave the Saints everything they could handle, the Redskins silenced their critics, the Packers may haved save their season, the Raiders and Chiefs set the passing game back 70 years, and the craziness of Indy/New England.

The Bengals got a statement win, the Jaguars and Dolphins pulled off last-minute wins, the Rams gave the Saints everything they could handle, the Redskins silenced their critics, the Packers may haved save their season, the Raiders and Chiefs set the passing game back 70 years, and the craziness of Indy/New England.

Redskins silenced thier critics ????

They are 3-6, you really think thier critics are done with them ?

They have Dallas twice yet as well as New Orleans, Philly and SD yet.

You are kidding, right?

Right?

Absolutly not! Game over!

7_faulk_chin__1258379291_2934.jpg

If the 30 was the goal line it would of been a TD, the referee's is also to faulk's back so if you want to go out on a limb and make that call you better be sure you know when he possesed it and he doesn't, he was just playing to the colts bench.

I might not agree with the decision to go for it, but I understand it.

Last edited:
Steelers, Pats are still A-OK, more Week 10 rants | FanNation

Why is everyone acting like the sky is falling in New England because of the loss to Indy?
The Patriots were without defensive linemen Ty Warren and Jarvis Green. Of course, the defense wore down. Yes, Bill Belichick made a mistake going for it on fourth down late in the fourth quarter, but that's one play in one game! It's not the main reason they lost. New England basically outplayed an undefeated team in its own building. And the Jets' loss to the Jags means every other AFC East team has a losing record. The Pats may not have homefield advantage, but they will have the rest of the season to lick their wounds and prepare for the postseason. If you're the Colts, do you want to play them again?

Your thoughts on this?

Huh? No until Dan Snyder sells the team.................

:confused::confused:

The Bengals sweep the Steelers.

They are 7-2 and have three straight cupcakes coming up- Raiders, Lions Browns.

Hmm. Maybe 'ol HD wasn't so crazy after all when he predicted that the Stools would miss out on the playoffs. ;)

On another note, how bout them Bengals! Wow. Color me surprised on that one.

Yup,
I knew when Troy Palomolo went out, it was going to be tough going today.
That and the Cincy Defense played great and YES they are for real.

That is actually good to see them be good for a change, the teams use to have a very good thing going, then the Bengals fell off the map for a while.

Take nothing for granted, the Saint barely got by the Rams today 28-23

I hear what you're saying about Palamalu, but it wasn't your defense that lost you the game, it was your offense not being able to put it in the endzone and your special teams giving up huge plays. Palamalu or no big frizzy haired safety, the Bengals beat your team fair and square.

NCAA proposes tough taunting, concussion rules

Is it possible to watch MLB.TV on a TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts