NFL 2009-10 Season

Steelers lost because of offensive problems as much as they lost for defensive ones. Bengals sweep, and now it doesn't mean anything because it's not in the playoffs? :p

Story of the day was Cincy defense and special teams, Polamalu doesn't play on offense or kick coverage, so no, today he wasn't the guy.

My thoughts exactly. :up

I don't blame Belichick for wanting to go for it. They outplayed Indy all night and deserved to win the game, but their defense was gassed. The Colts went through NE's defense like a hot knife through butter on the previous drive. You know what would have happened if NE punted. Where Belichick screwed up was burning a timeout before the play and tipping his hand. If NE came out in a punt formation, as everyone expected, the Colts would have had a return setup. That would mean everyone for Indy would clear off the line after the ball was snapped. If the Pats had run a fake punt they could have easily picked up the 1st down. And if they failed at least they'd have a timeout left to keep some time on the clock. Belichick had the right idea, but it didn't work.

I will NEVER understand how anyone can defend Belichick's decision last night. We're talking about giving Peyton Manning............PEYTON freakin' MANNING, a 30 yard field with 2 minutes left!!?? :confused:

But ok, for the sake of arguement let's say you're right.

If Belichick had every intention of going for it on 4th down, WHY????? would you not run the ball on 3rd and short??? That would have accomplished two things:

1. It would have, more than likely, given the Pats a minimum of 4th and 1, and therefore a much more attainable 4th down play (for the record, I STILL wouldn't have agreed with it).

2. It would have forced the Colts to burn their last TO.

And another thing, when Addai broke through the line for that run from the 14 yard line down to the 1, the Pats defense should have just let him score. That would have given Brady about a minute left, and the Pats would have needed just a FG.

It was a very tough loss, but I could accept losing on a long drive to a great QB like Peyton Manning. I cannot accept losing because Bill Belichick morphed into Grady Little!:rolleyes:

I will NEVER understand how anyone can defend Belichick's decision last night. We're talking about giving Peyton Manning............PEYTON freakin' MANNING, a 30 yard field with 2 minutes left!!?? :confused:

If Belichick had every intention of going for it on 4th down, WHY????? would you not run the ball on 3rd and short??? That would have accomplished two things:

1. It would have, more than likely, given the Pats a minimum of 4th and 1, and therefore a much more attainable 4th down play (for the record, I STILL wouldn't have agreed with it).

And another thing, when Addai broke through the line for that run from the 14 yard line down to the 1, the Pats defense should have just let him score. That would have given Brady about a minute left, and the Pats would have needed just a FG.

It was a very tough loss, but I could accept losing on a long drive to a great QB like Peyton Manning. I cannot accept losing because Bill Belichick morphed into Grady Little!:rolleyes:

All very good points Bill. My heart goes out to Pats fans worldwide. You should've won that game.

Weekly Update

Jets Record with Braylon Edwards: 1-4
Browns Record without Edwards: To be updated

(Jets fans: This is not intended as flaming/War Zone material)

Edwards had a fumble after a big gain and dropped a 2-pt conversion towards the end of the game. The 2 pointer could have made a huge difference in the game. Whats the perception in NY? Is the honeymoon with Edwards over?

The last time I recall a coach making such a horrendous fourth down decision to go for it- Barry Switzer in 1995.

When that play happened, I immediately had a flashback to that.

I had a flashback to the Eagles-Giants game where the Giants fumbled the ball and Herm Edwards picked it up and ran it for a TD.

Merel Hodge on Sportscenter this morning was defending him and getting ripped by everybody in the studio for doing it. He is an idiot for thinking it was a good call.

Merel Hodge on Sportscenter this morning was defending him and getting ripped by everybody in the studio for doing it. He is an idiot for thinking it was a good call.
If you're the Pats, and insist on going for 4th and anything from anywhere, you've got to pass. Running isn't your strength. Bad call by Belicheat.

What did you think of the placement of the ball after the play was over? It appeared to me that NE had actually made the yardage and was not given it. After reviewing it from the available shots, it looked really interesting where the ball was placed.

Disclaimer: Had picked the Colts for the game, but was sure NE had it won early in the game. :(

Jets Record with Braylon Edwards: 1-4
Browns Record without Edwards: To be updated

(Jets fans: This is not intended as flaming/War Zone material)

Edwards had a fumble after a big gain and dropped a 2-pt conversion towards the end of the game. The 2 pointer could have made a huge difference in the game. Whats the perception in NY? Is the honeymoon with Edwards over?

NYJ: PPG before Edwards: 17.5, after: 25
CLE: PPG with Edwards: 12.25, after: 7.25

Yards/game 2009
w/ NYJ: 54.2
w/ CLE: 34.8

Was he worth trading for? It hasn't helped their record obviously, as they have bigger problems than WR. Is he more productive because he's on what some would now refer to as a 'football team' ? You bet.

He didn't make it because he was bobbling the ball.

Bobbled it at the 32, had secure possession by the 31 or 30 and a half yard line. Bad call by a ref whose was looking at Faulk's back.

All the nose of the ball has to do is touch the 30 yard line, since they started from the 20 off a touchback.

Patriots are not getting that call correct on Polian's home field.

What did you think of the placement of the ball after the play was over? It appeared to me that NE had actually made the yardage and was not given it. After reviewing it from the available shots, it looked really interesting where the ball was placed.

Disclaimer: Had picked the Colts for the game, but was sure NE had it won early in the game. :(

I honestly thought it was the correct spot, and I'm a Pats fan.

And as I said earlier, if Faulk scores a TD in that situation, I STILL think it's a horrible decision by Belichick.

IMO, the risk-reward factor wasn't in favor of going for it. Not even close.

NYJ: PPG before Edwards: 17.5, after: 25
CLE: PPG with Edwards: 12.25, after: 7.25

Yards/game 2009
w/ NYJ: 54.2
w/ CLE: 34.8

Was he worth trading for? It hasn't helped their record obviously, as they have bigger problems than WR. Is he more productive because he's on what some would now refer to as a 'football team' ? You bet.

The Jets' record over the last five games has more to do with the defense, anyway, which took a huge hit when Kris Jenkins went down.

Sandra

It's mind boggling that anyone is defending this decision....

Deion Sanders defended it also.

He said he appreciated the Patriots "swagger".

Umm, news flash Prime Time, the Pats coughed up a 17 point second half lead..........where's the "swagger" there? :confused:

Deion Sanders defended it also.

He said he appreciated the Patriots "swagger".

Umm, news flash Prime Time, the Pats coughed up a 17 point second half lead..........where's the "swagger" there? :confused:

Well all the guys on the NFL Network set, Deion, Eisen and Mooch all said he made the first down and they work for the NFL. By the end of the show they were making fun of the call when Mooch brought up Melvin Bullitt making the play, they laughed it off and said well he didn't really stop him did he.

Can't wait to hear from that assclown Pereira has to say on Wednesday, I hope Eisen doesn't back down by than.

I also felt bad for rookie Darius Butler, who played his ass of all game, to get called for a PI on the 2nd to last drive.

I also felt bad for rookie Darius Butler, who played his ass of all game, to get called for a PI on the 2nd to last drive.

That I agree was a BS call!

That was a 30 yard penalty on the Colts penultimate drive, which is another reason why I hated Belichick's decision. The people that were defending it were saying that the Colts were going up and down the field on the Pats D in the 4th quarter. While I agree that the Pats 4th quarter D wasn't exactly stout, it wasn't as bad as some were making it out to be.

NCAA proposes tough taunting, concussion rules

Is it possible to watch MLB.TV on a TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)