NFL 2009-10 Season

Sorry Bill...the mear mention of the "Tuck Rule" drives me nutz. A rule that the last time was called was during the Nixon Administration and it being called in an OT game during a playoff still steams me.

As for the dress....yes, I said it. IF they would have done the same things for Manning, Montana, Bart Starr or Dan Marino.....I would have said the same thing.

Another bad rule change. It's a freaking fumble. I don't care who's holding the ball.

Sorry Bill...the mear mention of the "Tuck Rule" drives me nutz. A rule that the last time was called was during the Nixon Administration and it being called in an OT game during a playoff still steams me.

Salsa, I don't blame you at all for feeling that way. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be pissed if the shoe were on the other foot.

Believe me it's happened to my teams:

1976: Patriots lose to the Raiders in the playoffs when Ben Dreith throws a questionable (at best) roughing the passer penalty on Sugar Bear Hamilton on a 4th and forever play, with about a minute left in the game and the Pats clinging to a 21-17 lead. A few plays later Kenny Stabler scores........Raiders win 24-21 and go on to win the Super Bowl. The Raiders went 16-1 that year (including playoffs). Their one loss was to the Patriots, 48-17 in week 4.

1979: Stanley Cup semifinals: Canadiens-Bruins tied at 3 games a piece. The Bruins are clinging to a one goal lead in the Forum against the three time defending champions. The refs call a phantom too many men on the ice penalty (Don Cherry to this day calls it the biggest BS call he has ever seen).....Canadiens score a PP goal to tie it and then win it in OT. Of Course, they went on to their fourth straight Stanley Cup title.

Those are two most notorious in these parts, but there's been others.

My point is, I don't blame you one bit being upset about that stupid rule.

Which divisions outside of the AFC East will the Pats' play this year?

I can't help but wonder if they'll have some easy or hard out-of-division games.

Last time the Pats wore their "Pat Patriot" era helmet and unis, they won big over the Lions on Thanksgiving.

Granted, it was Detroit, but that could be a good omen for their MNF opener.

Which divisions outside of the AFC East will the Pats' play this year?

I can't help but wonder if they'll have some easy or hard out-of-division games.

They have the AFC South and the NFC South this year. Plus games with Baltimore and Denver.

Brett Favre to Cleveland?!

brett-favre-jets-debut_nc-213x300.jpg

Well, not officially as a player, but the invite is there as a mentor.

In a recent interview with the New York Daily News, Browns head coach Eric Mangini discussed several different issues ranging from last year’s Jets meltdown, all the way to what he plans on doing with his new team. If you’re one that think that Mangini did not get along with his former quarterback, guess again.
“He might come out to training camp to visit,” Mangini said. “Maybe I will have him do the show team or just hang out.” [...]
“I don’t think it would be anything formal,” Mangini said. “It’s not like we are hiring him to run the scout team. I don’t think he would be interested in that. He would be more like a visitor. An open invite.”
Mangini is reportedly a big fan of Favre’s presence with teammates - something that goes firmly against many of their rumors that were swirling last season when a few Jets players seemingly threw Brett under the media bus. Favre’s play over the second half of the season is arguably one of the reasons that Mangini was ousted with the Jets, so this definitely seems a bit odd on the cover. But then again, our head coach is also a big fan of veteran football players that can help smooth things along.

Favre undoubtedly was forced to learn the Jets system in very little time, even though one may argue that he had a “system” of his own that involved throwing into triple-coverage on a windy day. The thinking here is that Favre could spend a few days of the upcoming summer in Cleveland to tutor both Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson, assuming both are still here.

After all, what would another summer be without Brett Favre?

Last time the Pats wore their "Pat Patriot" era helmet and unis, they won big over the Lions on Thanksgiving.

That was two years after the Lions handed the Patriots their butts on Thanksgiving.

Belichick pulled Drew Bledsoe in the fourth quarter of the blowout loss. He inserted third string rookie, Tom Brady.

I remember being at my sister's house on Turkey Day, and we were all pissed that Belichick through in the towel because he put in Brady! :eek:

I read that Rogers felt "Slighted" because Mangini didn't say hello to him at some function. I'm telling you Matt, this guy's true colors will emerge.

Read the article. They made up. So far, like I said, it's been all sunshine and puppy kisses here in Cleveland for Big #92!

I noticed in another post that they DON'T care what WEIGHT he plays at.

Kokinis said Rogers intended to fulfill “his contractual obligations,” and that “whatever weight” he wanted to play at was fine with Kokinis because he dominated last season.

He will eat himself out of the Browns plans in a big hurry if thats the case.
He'll be fat and lazy by the second half of the season.

That was two years after the Lions handed the Patriots their butts on Thanksgiving.

Belichick pulled Drew Bledsoe in the fourth quarter of the blowout loss. He inserted third string rookie, Tom Brady.

I remember being at my sister's house on Turkey Day, and we were all pissed that Belichick through in the towel because he put in Brady! :eek:

WHAT ????

The Lions actually WON a Thanksgiving game ???

The was people speak, they have NEVER won a game on Thanksgiving.
Wow, this is "Breaking News" :D

Jimbo

WHAT ????

The Lions actually WON a Thanksgiving game ???

The was people speak, they have NEVER won a game on Thanksgiving.
Wow, this is "Breaking News" :D

Jimbo

LMAO!! :D

Jimbo,
that was Thanksgiving 2000. Final Score: Lions 34, Patriots 9.

Tom Brady made his professional debut in a mop-up role!

Salsa, I don't blame you at all for feeling that way. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be pissed if the shoe were on the other foot.

Believe me it's happened to my teams:

1976: Patriots lose to the Raiders in the playoffs when Ben Dreith throws a questionable (at best) roughing the passer penalty on Sugar Bear Hamilton on a 4th and forever play, with about a minute left in the game and the Pats clinging to a 21-17 lead. A few plays later Kenny Stabler scores........Raiders win 24-21 and go on to win the Super Bowl. The Raiders went 16-1 that year (including playoffs). Their one loss was to the Patriots, 48-17 in week 4.

1979: Stanley Cup semifinals: Canadiens-Bruins tied at 3 games a piece. The Bruins are clinging to a one goal lead in the Forum against the three time defending champions. The refs call a phantom too many men on the ice penalty (Don Cherry to this day calls it the biggest BS call he has ever seen).....Canadiens score a PP goal to tie it and then win it in OT. Of Course, they went on to their fourth straight Stanley Cup title.

Those are two most notorious in these parts, but there's been others.

My point is, I don't blame you one bit being upset about that stupid rule.

Ok...so I missed it by ONE ADMINISTRATION....it was the FORD Administration instead of the Nixon....LOL! So sue me....:rolleyes:;):p

TO to skip Bill's Camp

It's already starting Buffalo. Careful what you wish for......

Two weeks ago, Jauron noted Owens has a history of not taking part in voluntary sessions with his past teams, but hoped the Bills would be an exception.

"My hope is that he's here," Jauron said. "He knows how important it is for us, particularly in his first year with us."
"Right now if there's nothing mandatory that I have to be a part of, then I won't intend to be there," Owens said.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4017048"]Terrell Owens doesn't plan to attend Buffalo Bills voluntary workouts - ESPN[/ame]

I can't even remember the last time the Lions won on Thanksgiving.:eek: 5 big blow-outs in a row, is as far as I remember about this game. Just sad.

It's already starting Buffalo. Careful what you wish for......

Two weeks ago, Jauron noted Owens has a history of not taking part in voluntary sessions with his past teams, but hoped the Bills would be an exception.

Terrell Owens doesn't plan to attend Buffalo Bills voluntary workouts - ESPN

WHY is it a big deal IF he has NEVER PARTAKEN in "voluntary workouts"??!! IF they were "mandatory workouts"...would'nt he be THERE??!! I never understood why a big deal was made about workouts that you are NOT required to be at. That crap is for rookies....not seasoned vets.:rolleyes:

Patriots will work out QB Hoyer

03.26.09 at 10:29 am ET
By Christopher Price

WEEI.com has confirmed a report that the Patriots will privately work out Michigan State quarterback Brian Hoyer. The 23-year-old Hoyer is a 6-foot-3, 215-pound Ohio native who threw for 2,404 yards with nine TD passes and nine interceptions as a senior. For his career, he’s in the Top 10 in several Michigan State passing categories, including pass attempts (No. 2 at 896), passing yards (No. 3 with 6,159), pass completions (No. 3 at 500), TD passes (No. 6 with 35) and completion percentage (No. 10 at .559).
For more on Hoyer, check out this Detroit News story.

WHY is it a big deal IF he has NEVER PARTAKEN in "voluntary workouts"??!! IF they were "mandatory workouts"...would'nt he be THERE??!! I never understood why a big deal was made about workouts that you are NOT required to be at. That crap is for rookies....not seasoned vets.:rolleyes:

I would think a new player would want to build "comradery" with his new team.

By skipping this camp, TO is basically saying he still only cares about himself more than the team.

NCAA proposes tough taunting, concussion rules

Is it possible to watch MLB.TV on a TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)