NFL 2009-10 Season

BirdDog52

Aug 6, 2009
texas
At least tomorrow is the day we see actual NFL teams suit up! If you can call preseason "football". Only one more month of the summer doldrums (spelled baseball).
clear.gif

I agree. I am so ready for football season to start even though I don't have much for my Cowboys to do anything this year.

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
New quarterback Kyle Orton, acquired from Chicago for Pro Bowl passer Jay Cutler in the biggest NFL trade of the offseason, was booed by the crowd of 13,402 at his unofficial debut at Invesco Field when he threw two interceptions and several bad passes during a structured scrimmage Thursday night.

Broncos also wont comment on a report that Brian Dawkins broke his hand and will need surgery.

2yl30u8.gif

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
HOF Game

What?! No talk of the first NFL Exhibition Game of the Year: The Hall of Fame Game between the Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titans?! I don't know about you folks, but I'm jonzing for some football! Even though it was preseason, I was thrilled just to have football back on!

BTW, did you Bucknuts catch that fake punt turned into a 40-yard TD by ex-OSU punter, AJ Trapasso?! How great was that?!

Welcome back football. We missed you!

PS. I miss John Madden. Hearing Al Michaels in the booth without Madden made me sad. Nothing against Cris Collinsworth, but I'm gonna miss the big fella.

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
i enjoyed it too and was excited about having my favorite sport in action again. i also enjoyed the HOF induction ceremony on sat. brought back some nice memories for me. as far as the game goes if last night meant anything at all the bills have some work to do for sure. good thing it's very early.

clapple

Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 26, 2004
Palm derset, Ca.
"BTW, did you Bucknuts catch that fake punt turned into a 40-yard TD by ex-OSU punter, AJ Trapasso?! How great was that?!"

May as well have a little fun in the preseason. The best part was the instant replay, where you could see the incredible ball handling!

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
What?! No talk of the first NFL Exhibition Game of the Year: The Hall of Fame Game between the Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titans?! I don't know about you folks, but I'm jonzing for some football! Even though it was preseason, I was thrilled just to have football back on!

BTW, did you Bucknuts catch that fake punt turned into a 40-yard TD by ex-OSU punter, AJ Trapasso?! How great was that?!

Welcome back football. We missed you!

PS. I miss John Madden. Hearing Al Michaels in the booth without Madden made me sad. Nothing against Cris Collinsworth, but I'm gonna miss the big fella.

I saw it :)
It was pretty impressive !

Unfortunatly Trapasso probably won't make the team because they have an old geeezer punting for them that didn't play ....

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Panthers' Steve Smith Injured

SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- Carolina Panthers receiver Steve Smith was carted to the locker room with a right shoulder injury Monday night, the latest blow to another key player in an injury-filled start to training camp.

X-rays were negative, but general manager Marty Hurney was uncertain how long the four-time Pro Bowl receiver will be out.

However, Smith's agent, Derrick Fox, said Monday that Smith would likely miss at least two weeks and was considering an MRI exam on the injury, according to the Charlotte Observer.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4390220"]Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith injures right shoulder after collision in practice - ESPN[/ame]

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Quote of the Year

According to the Browns new DL Coach and former NFL LB, Bryan Cox.....

"When the game starts we're going to be violent. I can say that. That's no prediction, that's no after thought. That's what we're gonna' be." -- Bryan Cox

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! GO GET'M BOYS! IT'S ABOUT TIME OUR DEFENSE PLAYS WITH A FEROSIOUSNESS THAT'S BEEN LACKING FOR SO LONG!

NOTE TO THE RATS AND STOOLS: WE WON'T BE BULLIED ANYMORE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)