NFL 2009-10 Season

What did the Texans do to anger the football gods?

They can't catch a break this year- fumbling at the goal line against the Jaguars, a red-zone meltdown against the Cardinals, the missed field-goal against the Colts, and another missed field-goal tonight.

They are so snakebitten, it's not even funny.

As for the Titans- a month ago, I honestly thought that Jeff Fisher's job status was in serious jeopardy- after 59-0, I felt he might not last much longer.

What a difference a QB change can make.

LOL, watching house now that the game is over...

Chase: 'why are you so happy?'
House: 'the team is back and ive got a couple of prized free agents, I feel like Mike Tomlin'

Camera narrows in on Omar Epps who just kinda gives him a look.

The Steelers are going to miss the playoffs!

I keep telling those Yinzers this, but no one believes me. :)

I'm starting to believe your a curse this year ..... possibly, Roethlisberger probably out for a bit, back up Charlie Batch comes in and breaks his wrist (maybe not broke, but needs surgery and is OUT for the season and Troy Palomolo is out for another game at least, has he played more than he's missed this year ?

Steeler's down to thier 3rd string QB and qb that hasn't played but a few snaps in two-three years.
This is a telling sign as to if the Steelers are doomed for the year.

Will they play Dixon or try to sign someone else, previously they called in Brian Leftwich, he know thier offense, but I think he's playing for someone this year.

Except that loss was fairly major... division standings may not have shifted, but the wildcard did. They need to win 2 more games than the Bengals (unlikely) for the division, so now they have to beat the rest of the AFC for the wildcard. Losing is never good at this point... the standings most certainly changed, with the Jaguars now tied for 1st place for the wildcard. Even worse the Steelers didnt lose because of the lack of some defensive player, they turned the ball over 3 times. That was bigger than any one person that could have been added to the game.

After last week I thought the Steelers would have a good shot at the wildcard, now I think they're another slip from not making the playoffs entirely and they're probably going to have to sweep Baltimore to do it. Even if they just split games all that may do is make sure neither of them make it, as the Broncos/Texans/Jaguars/Miami or an improbable run from the Titans/Jets take the wildcard spot every towel waving looney is eyeing.

After seeing the outcome of yesterdays results, you may be right, Big Ben OUT, C Batch OUT, Troy OUT ....... 3rd string QB in .....

Well see..... but i'm not encouraged.

I'm starting to believe your a curse this year ..... possibly, Roethlisberger probably out for a bit, back up Charlie Batch comes in and breaks his wrist (maybe not broke, but needs surgery and is OUT for the season and Troy Palomolo is out for another game at least, has he played more than he's missed this year ?

Steeler's down to thier 3rd string QB and qb that hasn't played but a few snaps in two-three years.

Will they play Dixon or try to sign someone else, previously they called in Brian Leftwich, he know thier offense, but I think he's playing for someone this year.

After seeing the outcome of yesterdays results, you may be right, Big Ben OUT, C Batch OUT, Troy OUT ....... 3rd string QB in .....

Well see..... but i'm not encouraged.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now a little positive news:

Big Ben is OK, probably will play after all.
Palomalo still out, Aaron Smith still Out on the D*

Steelers' Roethlisberger 'seems to be fine'; Batch out
Dixon now No. 2 quarterback; Palko likely to be signed
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suffered a head injury in Sunday's game in Kansas City.

The shakeout from quarterback injuries left the Steelers with good and bad news today: Ben Roethlisberger appears to be fine after taking a blow to the head, but backup Charlie Batch likely is done for the season with a broken left wrist.

Batch will have surgery today or tomorrow to repair his wrist, injured after he replaced Roethlisberger on the final offensive series of the 27-24 overtime loss in Kansas City.

The Steelers, however, were confident enough that Roethlisberger is healthy that they will not sign a veteran quarterback. Instead, it appears they will sign a young quarterback to the practice squad, Tyler Palko, who starred at Pitt and West Allegheny High School. Dennis Dixon, the team's No. 3 quarterback the past two seasons, will move up to No. 2 and the Steelers will go with only two quarterbacks on the active roster for now.

Roethlisberger "seems to be fine," a source close to the situation told the Post-Gazette yesterday. Roethlisberger took various tests yesterday to determine if he sustained any type of concussion, and while those test results were not available, the source said he did not think the quarterback had a concussion. He should play Sunday night in Baltimore.

Officially, a team spokesman would only confirm that Batch has a left wrist injury and said coach Mike Tomlin will have updates on him and Roethlisberger at his news conference today.

Roethlisberger left the game with 12:21 remaining in overtime after he scrambled and was sacked near midfield. Linebacker Derrick Johnson's knee inadvertently hit Roethlisberger in the head as the quarterback hit the ground. Roethlisberger told the Post-Gazette after the game that he was OK.

Batch entered the game and was involved in four plays, the first time the veteran backup had taken a snap since the 2007 season. He missed the entire 2008 season with a broken collarbone sustained during the preseason. Roethlisberger had taken every snap this season to that point.

Batch spoke with reporters at his locker after the game and apparently did not know he had a serious wrist injury. He was asked if he would be ready to start if Roethlisberger could not go in Baltimore.

"When we come in on Wednesday that's when I'll find out," Batch said. "Right now it's premature to speculate."

Tomlin did not mention Batch as he went through the Steelers' list of injuries, which included a sprained MCL to starting left guard Chris Kemoeatu. It was not until later that Batch's wrist injury was discovered. He wore a cast on his left wrist on the team chartered flight home from Kansas City Sunday night.
Trailing position

Although they are relieved that Roethlisberger seems to be OK, the Steelers are reeling from injuries and consecutive losses as they enter another critical game Sunday night in Baltimore.

The loss of Kemoeatu means that undrafted rookie Ramon Foster likely will make his first NFL start against the Ravens. Also, the defense has become softer with the loss of Aaron Smith and Troy Polamalu, whose return date remains unknown, but isn't likely to happen this week.

The Steelers did not lose ground to Cincinnati in the AFC North Division after the Bengals were upset in Oakland Sunday, but they lost ground elsewhere. If the season ended today the Steelers would be on the outside of the two wild-card spots available. They are tied with Jacksonville and Denver, and Houston would have climbed to 6-4 with a victory against Tennessee last night. All three will have better AFC records than the Steelers if Houston won last night.

Baltimore, at 5-5, will be playing for its playoff life Sunday night.

"We got to evaluate ourselves, everybody on this team, come back and finish the last six games strong, really not worry about the playoff hunt or anything," said Hines Ward.

"We're not where we want to be. We have six games left. We'll see what kind of character this team has."
Harrison not happy

Linebacker James Harrison questioned the unity of the Steelers after Sunday's loss to the lowly Chiefs.

"I just think we need to start playing team ball, whatever needs to be done for the team."

Asked if that were not happening, Harrison said, "I don't think it has."

However, Harrison was at a loss to explain exactly what it is they have not been doing.

"I don't know. Like I said, I think we need to do what it is we're doing well and continue to do whatever it may be that game, passing the ball or running the ball. If we're playing defense well without pressuring, then we need to continue to do that.

"We just have to play better as a whole team."

The NFL's defensive player of the year in 2008 has kept pace with that strong season. He recorded his 10th sack in Kansas City, on pace with the Steelers' record 16 he had last season. He also recovered a fumble Sunday that led to a score.

"I don't think I would have pictured us going out like that," Harrison said of the stunning loss in Kansas City. "We just had way too many turnovers and lapses on defense. It just wasn't a good situation."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09328/1015835-66.stm

What did the Texans do to anger the football gods?

They can't catch a break this year- fumbling at the goal line against the Jaguars, a red-zone meltdown against the Cardinals, the missed field-goal against the Colts, and another missed field-goal tonight.

They are so snakebitten, it's not even funny.

As for the Titans- a month ago, I honestly thought that Jeff Fisher's job status was in serious jeopardy- after 59-0, I felt he might not last much longer.

What a difference a QB change can make.

The Fish had something to do with the turnaround too. He is (IMO) one of, if not the best coaches in the game. He remained calm under fire and had his players keep believing in his system. Suddenly the team starts playing defense, his offense is now more than one dimensional and the team rattled off 4 in a row. Good for them.

Don't blame me, blame Madden! The Madden curse is live and well and Polamalu decided to grace it's cover this year. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now a little positive news:

Big Ben is OK, probably will play after all.

Steelers' Roethlisberger 'seems to be fine'; Batch out

Did Ben sustain a concussion? If so, it's not wise to comeback too early from head injuries. You saw what happened when Brian Westbrook decided to come back too early.

It hasn't exactly affected the other guy on it so far- Larry Fitzgerald leads the league in recieving touchdowns and his team is 7-3.

As I told Rey, the season's not over. But, I don't ever recall a Madden cover with 2 players sharing the spotlight. It's possible Polamalu sucked up all of the curse himself. We won't know the true effects of the curse until the entire season plays out. Stay tuned...

for what? Did a former Raider owe you money? Took your girl? Rejected a credit application?

The dirtiest team in the league, for decades! Get away with more crap, like the infamous S.D. game, where they were guilty of intentionally fumbling, throwing a loose ball and kicking a loose ball and being awarded a TD.

At lest they got out out L.A. and went back to where they belong. Where ever Al took his traveling road show, they always were an always will be the lousy OAKLAND Raiders.

The only time I would support the Raiders is when they play the pompous ass "America's Team". Then only because there is no way for them both to loose!