NFL 2009-10 Season

Announcers are pathetic.....
Another sack of Ben ......
WRONG...

He made the line of scrimmage so it's NOT a sack. D** b A**es

NFL Network undoubtedly has the worst announcers of all. Best way to watch a game on there is muted. :D

What I did watch of the game, it was not a matter of the Browns looking good, it was more a matter of the Steelers looking bad.

NFL Network undoubtedly has the worst announcers of all. Best way to watch a game on there is muted. :D

What I did watch of the game, it was not a matter of the Browns looking good, it was more a matter of the Steelers looking bad.

I would have to differ on my opinion .....
Browns D played very well and the Return team ( J. Cribbs) was excellent again ...

Steeler's O line played no worse than any other time this year, they are just plain BAD.
They talk about Ben hanging on to the ball too long, not true in this game, he didn't have enough time to hang on to it too long.

I've heard Tomlin talk about how they were going to play the rest of the way and that they were going to unleash hell and fury ..................

Too late coach, looks like the players aren't believing in themselves, at least Defensively ......

Steeler's KO coverage teams have been pathetic (and thats the easiest I can go with it) all year.

I don't know if they have only back up on the team or what, but they should have put in the starters to play Special teams when it got as bad as it is.
They have been torched by just about every team they 've played.

I would have to differ on my opinion .....
Browns D played very well and the Return team ( J. Cribbs) was excellent again ...

Steeler's O line played no worse than any other time this year, they are just plain BAD.
They talk about Ben hanging on to the ball too long, not true in this game, he didn't have enough time to hang on to it too long.

I've heard Tomlin talk about how they were going to play the rest of the way and that they were going to unleash hell and fury ..................

Too late coach, looks like the players aren't believing in themselves, at least Defensively ......

Steeler's KO coverage teams have been pathetic (and thats the easiest I can go with it) all year.

I don't know if they have only back up on the team or what, but they should have put in the starters to play Special teams when it got as bad as it is.
They have been torched by just about every team they 've played.

A very fair and honest analysis. Very stand-up of you Jimbo! :up

Aggree. You should've heard the case Matt Millen was trying to make for a Browns rushing TD by Chris Jennings not counting even through both of his feet touched past the endzone line. He later retracted his statements and clarified that he didn't know the full extent of the rule.

Aggree. You should've heard the case Matt Millen was trying to make for a Browns rushing TD by Chris Jennings not counting even through both of his feet touched past the endzone line. He later retracted his statements and clarified that he didn't know the full extent of the rule.

Millen was a great player. End of story!

I hearby declare today, "Kick a Steeler Fan Day"!

In a postgame interview, Josh Cribbs was quoted as saying: "There are are a lot of Steeler fans around the city so I hope people go to work and kick those Steeler fans."

Excellent idea! It'll be like Kick a Ginger day, only better! Genius! :D

In a postgame interview, Josh Cribbs was quoted as saying: "There are are a lot of Steeler fans around the city so I hope people go to work and kick those Steeler fans."...
Couldn't be that many Steeler fans in Cleveland. That stadium looked 3/4 empty. Or maybe the Steeler fans are so disgusted by now they stopped showing up.

Couldn't be that many Steeler fans in Cleveland. That stadium looked 3/4 empty. Or maybe the Steeler fans are so disgusted by now they stopped showing up.

It was considered a sellout. From the people I talked to who went to the game, the top and bottom bowls were full. Those sections are the die-hard every day fan. The section with large patches of empty seats were the middle section (aka the "club section".) These seats typically belong to corporate sponsors and where the majority of company tickets are sold. I doubt the majority of those folks wanted to sit out in -12°F temps last night.

The section with large patches of empty seats were the middle section (aka the "club section".) These seats typically belong to corporate sponsors and where the majority of company tickets are sold. I doubt the majority of those folks wanted to sit out in -12°F temps last night.

Hmmmmm...I will remember that one when the Marlins SAY they have 19,000 fans but looks like 3000. I will change it to 97 degrees F.....;)

btw, that was NOT a TD.
The BALL has to CROSS the goal line ........ IN the field of play.

But thats OK, Browns would have won anyways, Steeler's were not even in the same city.

In a postgame interview, Josh Cribbs was quoted as saying: "There are are a lot of Steeler fans around the city so I hope people go to work and kick those Steeler fans."

Excellent idea! It'll be like Kick a Ginger day, only better! Genius! :D

How many years left on Cribbs contract ?
Better enjoy him while you can. :rolleyes:

btw, that was NOT a TD.
The BALL has to CROSS the goal line ........ IN the field of play.

But thats OK, Browns would have won anyways, Steeler's were not even in the same city.

Um, Millen already corrected himself to say it didn't have to cross the goal-line. As long as the player is in a running motion and not diving, he doesn't have to extend the ball over the goal-line. Since his feet tip-toed in, that was good enough. The Ref's reviewed it and came to the same conclusion.

Um, Millen already corrected himself to say it didn't have to cross the goal-line. As long as the player is in a running motion and not diving, he doesn't have to extend the ball over the goal-line. Since his feet tip-toed in, that was good enough. The Ref's reviewed it and came to the same conclusion.

I would really like to see the rules book where it states that the ball does NOT have to cross the goal line in play.

He's so absurdly underpaid he can't afford to enjoy them.

I trust the Browns will redo his contract at the end of this year.

Cribbs was a walk-on, undrafted signee a few years ago. The Browns took a chance on him by signing him for a 5 year deal at apx. $600,000 a year. Now, he's outperformed his contract based on what others around the league are getting.

BTW, Cribbs was asked about his contract by Deion Sanders in a post game interview on the NFL Network. His response got a standing ovation from the crew. This guy is stand-up in every sense. He goes about things the right way and everything you'd want in a player.....

NFL Videos: Cribbs interview

I would really like to see the rules book where it states that the ball does NOT have to cross the goal line in play.

Like I said, the announcers explained that if the guy is upright and running forward, the ball doesn't have to cross as long as his feet get over, which they did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)