NFL 2009-10 Season

And thus ends the 40th season of Monday Night Football.

IMHO, it was incredible.

It had everything you could ask for:

Comedy (Cardinals' 7 turnovers against SF, Redskins' epic fail field goal trick play)

Drama (Brady and Rivers lead late comebacks in the doubleheader)

Statement Games (Saints over Patriots; Brees goes nuts)

Epic Showdowns (Favre Bowl I)

Up-and-comers shining under the spotlight (Chris Johnson, Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson)

Last-minute thrillers (Dolphins over Jets)

Upsets (Bears OT game that ended 20 minutes ago)

Epic Performances (Eddie Royal returns a kick- and then another)

Triumphs over Adversity (Colts have the ball for 15 minutes- and still win)

Really, other than Steelers/Broncos and Ravens/Browns, this year's MNF season was GREAT:

Great football

Cutting out the celebrity crap of a few years ago

Ditching Kornheiser for Chucky

Hank's opening song (I thought this year's version was the best of them all)

This year was great for MNF.

Year 41 will have some big shoes to follow.

I'd rather have Kornheiser than Jaws AND Gruden, you can't have 2 football guys like that in the booth, you get a paragraph of commentary on every play.
i'd rather get stabbed in the eye than have kornhole back in there. he's good in PTI but thats it ;)

Seabass' kick was 3rd longest in NFL History!

Seabass with a 61 yard field goal at the end of the half! Wow!

SEABAS with a 61 yard FG!!!

History was made on a cold December day in Cleveland Browns Stadium as Janikowski kicked the 3rd longest FG in NFL history....

Now also consider the kick was in Cleveland and in winter. Janikowski's field goal may be the most impressive in NFL history! :eek:

Longest Field Goals:

63 -
Tom Dempsey, New Orleans vs. Detroit, Nov. 8, 1970
Jason Elam, Denver vs. Jacksonville, Oct. 25, 1998

62 -
Matt Bryant, Tampa Bay vs. Philadelphia, Oct. 22, 2006

61 -
Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland vs. Cleveland, Dec. 27, 2009

NFL Records

History was made on a cold December day in Cleveland Browns Stadium as Janikowski kicked the 3rd longest FG in NFL history....

Now also consider the kick was in Cleveland and in winter. Janikowski's field goal may be the most impressive in NFL history! :eek:

Longest Field Goals:

63 -
Tom Dempsey, New Orleans vs. Detroit, Nov. 8, 1970
Jason Elam, Denver vs. Jacksonville, Oct. 25, 1998

62 -
Matt Bryant, Tampa Bay vs. Philadelphia, Oct. 22, 2006

61 -
Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland vs. Cleveland, Dec. 27, 2009

NFL Records

I would have traded it in for a win..and I am sure he would have too....:(

Janikowski is a good kicker; if he played on a better team, he'd get the accolades he deserves.

He is good; the rest of his team doesn't win enough games. He does the best he can.

Janikowski is a good kicker; if he played on a better team, he'd get the accolades he deserves.

He is good; the rest of his team doesn't win enough games. He does the best he can.

He has always had the best leg in the league. He has had a couple of issues with accuracy in the past...but it seems that he might have put it together. About time, he WAS a 1st round draft choice.

Vegas has installed the Patriots as a 7.5 point underdog to the Texans on Sunday! I'm guessing 2000 was the last time the Pats were more than a touchdown 'dog.

I'm assuming "the wise guys" are guessing Belichick will sit down Brady, Moss, Welker, et al on Sunday. ;)

Vegas has installed the Patriots as a 7.5 point underdog to the Texans on Sunday! I'm guessing 2000 was the last time the Pats were more than a touchdown 'dog.

I'm assuming "the wise guys" are guessing Belichick will sit down Brady, Moss, Welker, et al on Sunday. ;)

Oops............how can I forget Feb. 3, 2002 against the Rams???........14 point underdog. :eek:

I can't believe that NO Bengals were picked for the Pro Bowl. That is just stupid. Both the Cornerbacks are deserving to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts