NFL 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
.."The autumn wind is a Raider..."

I hear this and the hairs in the back of my neck stand up....!!!! The few I have...LOL!

FOOOOOOTBALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Football is back tonight!!

Hall of Fame Game- Cardinals vs. Saints- 8:00pm ET on NFL Network

A woman will be part of an NFL officiating crew for the first time Thursday night, the league confirmed Monday.

Shannon Eastin, who has been a referee in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, will work the preseason game between the Green Bay Packers and San Diego Chargers (ESPN, 8 p.m. ET).

Being a high-school football official, I'm going to try to check out this game to see how the replacements look...

Woman set to officiate NFL game for first time - ESPN

From what I hear..they were NOT good last night. They screwed up the damn opening flip of the coin. I thought FOR SURE after that, the League and the Refs Union would have had an agreement by half time!:eek:

CANTON, Ohio (AP) — A crew of officials with college experience worked the Hall of Fame game Sunday night, filling in for regulars who are locked out in a labor dispute with the NFL.

It was a glimpse of what's to come if the NFL and the officials' union fail to reach an agreement before the season openers. And it didn't take long to have a snafu.

Craig Ochoa, who has worked Big Ten games, was the referee for the game between the New Orleans Saints and the Arizona Cardinals. Ochoa has eight years of experience in BCS conferences and 16 years officiating Division III games.

He flipped a commemorative coin at midfield to start the game, then incorrectly announced the result to the crowd, saying that New Orleans had won the toss and deferred.

Then, starting to walk away, he caught his mistake.

"Correction, Arizona won the coin toss," he said

Replacement refs get off to bumbling start | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Not entirely surprised. None of the top D-1 officials were considered due to the fact that they're thisclose to making it to the next level already; they don't want to be scabs. So, what you're getting is retired D-1 and current D-3 refs...

Not entirely surprised. None of the top D-1 officials were considered due to the fact that they're thisclose to making it to the next level already; they don't want to be scabs. So, what you're getting is retired D-1 and current D-3 refs...

I heard a mix of almost anything. AFL, D3 and D2 and former Euro NFL refs. Between THIS and the whole Bounty-gate thing...Goodell is not having a good last few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts