NFL 2016-17 Season

I'm glad to see Las Vegas finally getting some pro sports teams. And I typically favor relocation over expansion as not to water down the talent pool. Happy to see the NFL doing it the right way, instead of what the NHL is doing. I would have rather seen the the Coyotes out of Glendale or the Panthers out of Miami then have a 31st team. While the NFL trademarked Las Vegas Raiders a few months ago, I hope they keep that name permanently and not do a Tennessee Oilers. Maybe one day if I ever make it to CES (not likely to happen) and the Bills make it to the playoffs (even less likely to happen), I can catch a postseason game against the Las Vegas Raiders in their new digs.
CES actually cost $ this year :(. I usually go but $100 just to be able to walk in the front door.
Sad night. Dennis Byrd killed in head on collision tonight outside of Tulsa. 17yr old driver swerved over yellow line and hit Bryd's vehicle head on.

Former Jets Player Dennis Byrd Dies After Highway 88 Crash

http://www.newson6.com/story/33398153/former-jets-player-dennis-byrd-dies-after-highway-88-crash
Also RIP Jags 2008 2nd round pick Quentin Groves. Died of a heart attack at the age of 32.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Patriots are now 5-1, but they now enter the teeth of their 2016 schedule. The Pats play only one home game between now and Dec. 4th, and that one game is a Super Bowl rematch against the Seahawks.

Mark Davis confirmed their plan is to play in Oakland 2 more seasons (they have 1 year options at the Coliseum) while the Las Vegas stadium is built.

At one point there was talk about trying to play a preseason game in Vegas each of those years at Sam Boyd but we'll see if there's anything to that.

Of course that could all go sideways if there's a surprising amount of resistance come January and they don't move.

If the Raiders don't move, then UNLV has 2 years to generate funds for a collegiate stadium with whill be partially publicly financed. If that's unsuccessful then the new hotel tax sunsets.

Mark Davis confirmed their plan is to play in Oakland 2 more seasons (they have 1 year options at the Coliseum) while the Las Vegas stadium is built.

At one point there was talk about trying to play a preseason game in Vegas each of those years at Sam Boyd but we'll see if there's anything to that.

Of course that could all go sideways if there's a surprising amount of resistance come January and they don't move.

If the Raiders don't move, then UNLV has 2 years to generate funds for a collegiate stadium with whill be partially publicly financed. If that's unsuccessful then the new hotel tax sunsets.

The GOOD: The Raiders team FINALLY get a stadium they have desperately needed to generate some decent review(I will not say "deserved" because even for MY OWN TEAMS, I do not likely owners that are close to being billionaires holding cities and states hostage for publicly funded complexes).

The BAD: The Raider FANS, arguably some of the most loyal and well traveled of any sports...get hosed in not seeing THEIR team with a winning product in a brand new spiffy stadium with all the bells and whistles.

The UGLY: The Raider FANS may revolt and not show up the final season....regardless of how good they maybe. That will leave a sour taste on team that really love the original black hole and and all the true fans. MORE UGLY, how much will those tickets cost? More than likely, EVERYTHING in Vegas it will completely price out the average fan.

We're in for two if they're that low. A lot of people were suggesting $10k, which I'm sure they'll get that high and higher for really nice seats.

The 'corners of the upper bowl' were $1500 or so in Atlanta, they're cutting like $1k off of those prices though.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/football/falcons-cut-some-upper-level-psl-prices/nrhNj/

Your talking for the PSL, not the actual ticket price, right ?
So ya got the 3k PLUS say $150 a ticket x 16 games x2 if you have more than yourself you have to commit too.

Thats ridiculous ... makes the Sunday Ticket a GREAT BUY !

The survey's I took were asking about $3k PSLs, fwiw.

For what? At the new stadium for the Raiders? Nevermind.. I did not see the original link. By the way, NICE win by your Chiefs... they totally dominated my Raiders in ever phase of the game.

They came into today as the top two teams of taking care of the ball, but today the Vikings and Eagles are playing in a turnover fest!

Easy win for you guys today Bill.

Too many Steelers out injured.

I think the Pats win, but I'm not sure how easy it will be. IMO, Antonio Brown is the best WR in the game and the Pats secondary has been shaky. I understand Big Ben is out, but I still think Landry Jones will put up some points today.

I think the Pats win, but I'm not sure how easy it will be. IMO, Antonio Brown is the best WR in the game and the Pats secondary has been shaky. I understand Big Ben is out, but I still think Landry Jones will put up some points today.
I hope your right ...
Steelers are going without Ben as well as DeAngelo Williams and thier best D Lineman in Cam Heyward and more than likely LB Ryan Shazier as well. :boxing
Lets not forget about the porous Secondary they have .... :facepalm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)