NFL 2016-17 Season

NFL ratings are indeed down on top of that, would be interested in seeing ratings the last 2-3 years compared to the usage of daily fantasy sites though. With those effectively squelched in many large markets for the time being I wonder what their effect on watcher enthusiasm is.
Definitely one of the contributing factors. si.com published a list of other possibilities....

10. Concussions

9. The crackdown on celebrations

8. The Cubs playoff run

7. Daily fantasy sports bans

6. Officiating

5. Increases in (TV) competition and cord cutting

4. National anthem protests

3. Oversaturation

2. Lack of star-studded matchups

1. The presidential election

http://www.si.com/nfl/photo/2016/10/20/nfl-television-ratings-decline-causes

Definitely one of the contributing factors. si.com published a list of other possibilities....

10. Concussions

8. The Cubs playoff run

6. Officiating

3. Oversaturation

I underlined the ones that are annoying me. I love football but will admit that some of the drama is a major turn off. I want to be entertained by the sport, not reminded of more problems aside from the ones I have.

He's good in specific circumstances. He's lost all his toys on offense in Minny though.

That's too bad as the Vikings seem so close to being a great team. I still think they'll make it to the playoffs.

10. Concussions

8. The Cubs playoff run

6. Officiating

3. Oversaturation

Truth be told, not much they can do about: #10, #8, #7, #5, #4 and #1. The rest, I would recommend the following:

5a2ffe9f64ac161d7e8e8f557dedbea8.jpg

Reactions: salsadancer7
I am as giddy as a school girl that they won a VERY tough and physical game. But it has GOT TO continue before any talk of the Raiders being back is taken seriously.

Raiders were one of the teams I was excited about this season and boy they haven't disappointed.

Raiders were one of the teams I was excited about this season and boy they haven't disappointed.

They need to get more consistent defensively. ONCE that happens, then we have a legitimate chance of winning a playoff game or two. UNTIL then, I am giddy and scared crapless!

I underlined the ones that are annoying me. I love football but will admit that some of the drama is a major turn off. I want to be entertained by the sport, not reminded of more problems aside from the ones I have.

I pretty much agree with Drew Brees 1000%

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...e-league-office-cause-decline-popularity-fans

I am glad that the players are speaking out against the bozos who run the league on Park Avenue.

Goodell and Blandino need to go. The league office needs an enema.

While I agree with parts of it, reads more like some unhappy players w/ a grudge over bountygate.

Negatives in this day and age are amplified by social media. Players doing stupid things (shooting themselves, hitting women, DUI), fans thinking stupid things (ignorance about fine inequities, blaming Kaepernick for lower ratings) and the NFL bungling things (lots, much of it just poor communication) culminates in what we have now. I think big unrecognized factors are the quality of play and the affect of the decline of daily fantasy.

Goodell and Blandino leaving wouldn't change anything.

While I agree with parts of it, reads more like some unhappy players w/ a grudge over bountygate.

Negatives in this day and age are amplified by social media. Players doing stupid things (shooting themselves, hitting women, DUI), fans thinking stupid things (ignorance about fine inequities, blaming Kaepernick for lower ratings) and the NFL bungling things (lots, much of it just poor communication) culminates in what we have now. I think big unrecognized factors are the quality of play and the affect of the decline of daily fantasy.

Goodell and Blandino leaving wouldn't change anything.

I agree 100%! The owners have not gotten rid of Goodell because he is doing exactly what the owners want. I think SI article on dwindling ratings was more spot on.

Halfway through the season and according to vegasinsider.com the Patriots are currently listed as 2-1 favorites to win Super Bowl 51. They are followed by the Cowboys (8-1), Seahawks (10-1) and Falcons (13-1).

Halfway through the season and according to vegasinsider.com the Patriots are currently listed as 2-1 favorites to win Super Bowl 51. They are followed by the Cowboys (8-1), Seahawks (10-1) and Falcons (13-1).

IF we are going based on how well teams are doing...why arent the Raiders there? IF you are basing it on traditionally strong teams with playoff pedigree, the ONLY teams to legitimately win it all are the Patsies and the Sea Chickens(joking now....relax... ;) ).

IF we are going based on how well teams are doing...why arent the Raiders there? IF you are basing it on traditionally strong teams with playoff pedigree, the ONLY teams to legitimately win it all are the Patsies and the Sea Chickens(joking now....relax... ;) ).
Raiders will climb the odds listing as more money comes in on them. 5 road wins is so, so huge for this time of year.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I also think the reason why there's more NFC teams after the Patriots is because the NFC is more wide open. The AFC teams have to get by the Patriots just to get there, the NFC teams don't.

Around here he is pretty universally vilified. Where is he rated hgh?

I hear ya but there are so many ex and current players who hype this guy and yet I really don't see it. His time in Dallas was good and obviously the talent was there, but one of things I remember was his time in MIAMI and that offense was very predictable. I was never wowed by the guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)