NFL 2016-17 Season

Two amazing facts: Tom Brady won his 200th game and is now tied with Peyton Manning for first place on the all time wins list. And believe it or not even more impressive (at least IMO), with today's win the Patriots are guaranteed a 16th consecutive winning season!

Two amazing facts: Tom Brady won his 200th game and is now tied with Peyton Manning for first place on the all time wins list. And believe it or not even more impressive (at least IMO), with today's win the Patriots are guaranteed a 16th consecutive winning season!
How many of those years has Brady been there ?
That has a lot to do with it.
For a Top team, having a long streak of "Winning Seasons" is not all that unusual.
16 years is excessive though ... lol
Congrats.

Your not the Browns !

Your Very good teams all have stability and a good Coaching staff as well as a good Draft room.

How many of those years has Brady been there ?
That has a lot to do with it.
For a Top team, having a long streak of "Winning Seasons" is not all that unusual.
16 years is excessive though ... lol
Congrats.

Your not the Browns !

Your Very good teams all have stability and a good Coaching staff as well as a good Draft room.

15 out of 16 (he missed all but one quarter in 2008 and Matt Cassel led the Pats to an 11-5 record). While I agree that many teams have had sustained success over a long period of time (Steelers and 49ers immediately come to mind), I don't know if they had all their success in consecutive seasons. I'll try to look it up

15 out of 16 (he missed all but one quarter in 2008 and Matt Cassel led the Pats to an 11-5 record). While I agree that many teams have had sustained success over a long period of time (Steelers and 49ers immediately come to mind), I don't know if they had all their success in consecutive seasons. I'll try to look it up
I don't think they have for the length of time either ...
I briefly looked at the Steelers, just in the 2000's and they had 3 years that they were at .500 ... to me thats not a winning season, but in the wacky world of the NFL, they could still make the playoffs with a .500 record ... not saying they did, but I know teams have.
Fwiw, Steelers has an under .500 season back in '03 I think it was.

The Patriots tied the 1970-85 Cowboys and 1983-98 49ers with 16 consecutive winning seasons. The 49ers dynasty started with a Super Bowl win following the 1981 season, but they went 3-6 in the strike shortened 1982 season. Otherwise the Niners would have probably had a streak of 18 consecutive winning seasons

Just WOW! My Raiders... I am almost numb. First... I was scared $3!7less when Carr hurt is pinky. As painfull as a dislocation is...that IS what I was hoping for. A broken finger was to possibly include some surgery and some time off...which we could not afford. Then the Panthers comeback...and then Khalil Mack. He will soon be THE BEST defensive player in the league, what a day HE had.

9-2 ...never in my wildest dreams did I expect this this year.

Just WOW! My Raiders... I am almost numb. First... I was scared $3!7less when Carr hurt is pinky. As painfull as a dislocation is...that IS what I was hoping for. A broken finger was to possibly include some surgery and some time off...which we could not afford. Then the Panthers comeback...and then Khalil Mack. He will soon be THE BEST defensive player in the league, what a day HE had.

9-2 ...never in my wildest dreams did I expect this this year.
Told ya :p

Looks like there are some details in the supposed deal that would keep the Raiders in Oakland. The ONLY thing is...is it too little to late.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matie...-of-Oakland-stadium-deal-to-keep-10643358.php

IMO, there are two things that hinge on the deal. ONE, the Raiders still approx. $90 million in renovations that brought the Raiders back AND the request of a piece of the team.

There is NO WAY the group(Adelson) in Vegas will pony up that much money without wanting some piece of the team. According to reports, Lott has personally stated a couple times that he does not want a part of the team. Also, I have read a few times now that the vote to approve the move is NOT a done deal.

I see she's moved a bit from $0 in tax money to $200m, and I bet Davis explores all his options before jumping into a deal he was never a part of creating that says he has to personally pay $300m.

Kiss the rings Rex!

Former Jets Joe McKnight was shot and killed in an alledged road rage accident. The suspect who stayed at the scene and handed his weapon to the police and interviewed and released. Charges could still be laid.

On a personal note...not going to argue the 2nd amendment however stupid stuff like this can always happen when your caring a gun 24/7 .

Will reserve judgement until all the facts are known.

that was winning ugly

201503_1413_ddhec.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts