NFL 2016-17 Season

Glorious day.

Best possible outcome for the Raiders really, the Texans represent the best chance to win a playoff game to cap off this season, rather than just 1-out.

Go Chiefs. Kind of expect the Steelers to stomp the rest of the AFC on the way to the Super Bowl though if they can stay healthy.

Glorious day.

Best possible outcome for the Raiders really, the Texans represent the best chance to win a playoff game to cap off this season, rather than just 1-out.

Go Chiefs. Kind of expect the Steelers to stomp the rest of the AFC on the way to the Super Bowl though if they can stay healthy.
You never know with the Steelers, they can be Very Good, or just avg.
Steelers will eventually meet the Pats again and it hopefully is a Classic game !

Postseason schedule

Wild Card Weekend
Saturday 1/7/17

Oakland at Houston- 4:30pm ET (ABC/ESPN)
Detroit at Seattle- 8:15pm ET (NBC)

Sunday 1/8/17
Miami at Pittsburgh- 1:00ET (CBS)
NY Giants at Green Bay-4:40 ET (FOX)

Divisional Weekend
Saturday 1/14/17

SEA/NYG/GB at Atlanta- 4:30pm ET (FOX)
HOU/OAK/MIA at New England- 8:15pm ET (CBS)

Sunday 1/15/17
PIT/HOU/OAK at Kansas City-1:00pm ET (NBC)
GB/NYG/DET at Dallas- 4:40pm ET (FOX)

Conference Championships
Sunday 1/22/17

NFC Championship-3:00pm ET (FOX)
AFC Championship- 6:40pm ET (CBS)

Super Bowl LI at Houston -Sunday 2/5/17-6:30pm ET (FOX)

upload_2017-1-2_18-38-7.png

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-nfl-predictions/?ex_cid=538twitter

Interesting that according to that chart the Patriots are overwhelming favorites to win the SB, but yet the team with the second best odds are in the same conference (Chiefs). I'm guessing that's due to the relative weak bottom half of the AFC bracket. Also interesting that the Falcons are co-favorites in the NFC. The Falcons are my pick in the NFC to reach the SB, but it's still surprising to see them up there with the Cowboys.

Interesting that according to that chart the Patriots are overwhelming favorites to win the SB, but yet the team with the second best odds are in the same conference (Chiefs). I'm guessing that's due to the relative weak bottom half of the AFC bracket. Also interesting that the Falcons are co-favorites in the NFC. The Falcons are my pick in the NFC to reach the SB, but it's still surprising to see them up there with the Cowboys.

The best possible scenario happened for the Patriots in Sunday. Obviously beating the Dolphins and getting the #1 overall seed so they'll play at home through the playoffs. Also the Chiefs winning the West means they won't have to play both Pittsburgh and KC just one of them in the AFC championship game. For some reason I think they'll end up in the Super Bowl against their nemesis (gulp!) the Giants.

Unless the Patriots get "stomped" by the Steelers.

The best possible scenario happened for the Patriots in Sunday. Obviously beating the Dolphins and getting the #1 overall seed so they'll play at home through the playoffs. Also the Chiefs winning the West means they won't have to play both Pittsburgh and KC just one of them in the AFC championship game. For some reason I think they'll end up in the Super Bowl against their nemesis (gulp!) the Giants.

Unless the Patriots get "stomped" by the Steelers.

I don't know if I could take the two weeks leading up to Pats-Giants III. It would be a media lockout for me for sure. One endless loop of David Tyree and Mario Manningham.......no thank you!!

Reactions: Jimbo
Sounds like the Chargers will get 2 more years and some help from the league to get a new stadium in San Diego, and the skids will be greased for the Raiders to Vegas in exchange for giving up their rights to move to LA (which gives the Chargers more time). Raiders would also be presented as de facto 2nd home team on TV in the LA market for 2 years, and could move to Vegas as early as 2018 with renovations to Sam Boyd to add 7k seats to it's 40k capacity and upgrade the locker rooms.

Owners meetings on 11-13 will tell us how all of this will unfold, if at all.

Or Spanos could pull the trigger next week and just relocate.

I always thought there was a minimum seating capacity for an NFL stadium 50k as I recall.

Pretty sure O.co with the Raiders tarp is only like 53k. Since it would only be for a year im sure they'd make an exception.

Either way, going to be a interesting couple of weeks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This postseason has some of the most historically successful franchises in NFL history. In fact, of the 11 franchises with at least 20 postseason wins, only the 49ers (30-19), Redskins (23-18), Colts (22-23) and Broncos (20-19) are missing.

The all-time postseason records of this season's playoff field:

Cowboys (34-26)
Steelers (33-22)
Packers (31-20)
Patriots (28-18)
Raiders (25-18)
Giants (24-24)
Dolphins (20-20)
Seahawks (14-13)
Chiefs (8-15)
Falcons (7-12)
Lions (7-12)
Texans (2-2)

Happy postseason everyone!!!!

AFC WC: Raiders over Texans 24-21
NFC WC: Seahawks over Lions 20-3
AFC WC: Steelers over Dolphins 17-10
NFC WC: Giants over Packers 20-17 OT

AFC Divisional : Patriots over Raiders 34-7
NFC Divisional: Giants over Cowboys 24-21
AFC Divisional: Chiefs over Steelers 27-20
NFC Divisional: Falcons over Seahawks 24-17

AFC Championship: Patriots over Chiefs 31-21
NFC Championship: Giants over Falcons 27-21 OT

Super Bowl 51: Giants over Patriots 20-17
Super Bowl MVP: Odell Beckham, 10 rec.-178 yds.-1 TD.