NFL 2016-17 Season

I agree with Brady that Goodell can go where he chooses. No problem. As for the Lombardi trophy the Pats are the front runners for it but it is not inconceivable that any of the remaining teams could beat them.

I'm a Patriots fan and even I don't get why they're so heavily favored to win it all. I get it's clichéd, but I literally wouldn't be surprised if any of the four were hoisting the Lombardi Trophy on Feb. 5

There's three regular posters on this site that are Patriots fans, and I don't recall any of them (including myself) being butthurt "all the time". For the record, I don't give a crap where Goodell goes on Sunday. But to say the reason he's going to Atlanta is because it's the last game in the Georgia Dome is a little disingenuous, no? If it were Lambeau Field that was being demolished then I'd get your point.

And with that post you just proved me "it's not always about them" point.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

And with that post you just proved me "it's not always about them" point.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Really?? Please enlighten me how I've "proved" to you anything. By saying that if it were Lambeau Field, I'd get your point? Last time I checked the Patriots don't play at Lambeau Field. When the Pats old stadium Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium closed , I would have said the same thing. Places like Foxboro Stadium, Georgia Dome and Metro dome aren't/weren't exactly oozing with football history, so why would the last game of these stadia warrant a special visit from the commissioner?

Really?? Please enlighten me how I've "proved" to you anything. By saying that if it were Lambeau Field, I'd get your point? Last time I checked the Patriots don't play at Lambeau Field. When the Pats old stadium Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium closed , I would have said the same thing. Places like Foxboro Stadium, Georgia Dome and Metro dome aren't/weren't exactly oozing with football history, so why would the last game of these stadia warrant a special visit from the commissioner?
You decided to put down another team, because they don't have "history".

This is the final game to ever be played in the Ga Dome, and likely Atlanta's 2nd Super Bowl appearance.

And yet going to that game is somehow unworthy because it would mean he didn't go to yet another Steelers/Pats division championship game.

Personally I would think a teams possible first ever successful run at a title, and it's last home game in it's current stadium would rate higher than a trip to Foxboro, but again Pat's fans prove it's all about them.

Also helps that it's been in the 70's in Atlanta the past week. :biggrin

Regular season ranks for the NFL's final four:

Offense: Atlanta (#1 points, #2 yards), Green Bay (#4 points, #8 yards), New England (#3 points, #4 yards), Pittsburgh (#10 points, #7 yards)

Defense: Atlanta (#27 points, #25 yards), Green Bay (#21 points, #22 yards), New England (#1 points, #8 yards), Pittsburgh (#10 points, #12 yards)

If you go by the numbers, the AFCCG will be more low scoring than the NFCCG. Of course, as always turnovers will be the biggest factor.

The Falcons/Green Bay game earlier this season was pretty high scoring (32-33). Can see this game easily doing the same, as neither one has slowed down.

A buddy in work brought up a great question: Is this the greatest QB foursome ever on Championship Sunday?

Consider this: 3 future Hall of Famers with 7 SB rings between them, and the other guy is the more than likely 2016 MVP. You would think that many of the Tom Brady-Peyton Manning years would be competition, but in those years the NFC QB's simply didn't measure up.

Did any of you hear the rant that Colin Cowherd had about the Steelers and Brown and about how they are divas and a distraction so the Steelers have no chance in this game.
Fwiw, he's on Fox now not espn.

I now remember why I quit listening to him.

Personally I don't see Brown as that type of recvr. Yes he shouldn't have posted from the locker room LIVE no less ...
I don't see why that's a big distraction ... I just don't. It's over.
The media makes it sound like the Steelers will lose this game because of that ...

As far as I know, they have to play the game on the field.
Colin complained that the Steelers are undisciplined and Ben said as much, but that was early in the season ... Colin doesn't realize that you don't just go out and win 8-9 games in a row and be f@=@ ups in the locker room.

Sorry Bill, but because of this I hope the Steelers Crush that Pat's, just so Colin has to a dress it next week.

Nothing personal.... :)

Did any of you hear the rant that Colin Cowherd had about the Steelers and Brown and about how they are divas and a distraction so the Steelers have no chance in this game.
Fwiw, he's on Fox now not espn.

I now remember why I quit listening to him.

Personally I don't see Brown as that type of recvr. Yes he shouldn't have posted from the locker room LIVE no less ...
I don't see why that's a big distraction ... I just don't. It's over.
The media makes it sound like the Steelers will lose this game because of that ...

As far as I know, they have to play the game on the field.
Colin complained that the Steelers are undisciplined and Ben said as much, but that was early in the season ... Colin doesn't realize that you don't just go out and win 8-9 games in a row and be f@=@ ups in the locker room.

Sorry Bill, but because of this I hope the Steelers Crush that Pat's, just so Colin has to a dress it next week.

Nothing personal.... :)

Trust me, I get it Jimbo! CAN"T STAND Cowherd and I never could. I thought FS1 was going to be a refreshing change from ESPN, but unfortunately they are going down the same path with their "talent"

Trust me, I get it Jimbo! CAN"T STAND Cowherd and I never could. I thought FS1 was going to be a refreshing change from ESPN, but unfortunately they are going down the same path with their "talent"
FS1 is the graveyard where the old ESPN talent gets their last big payday. They're never heard from again.....Cowherd, Bayless, Whitlock, Broussard.....

Reactions: BillD1984
The winner of the PIT-NE game is going to be the first franchise in NFL history to appear in 9 Super Bowls. The Steelers, Patriots, Cowboys and Broncos have played in 8 each.

Reactions: Jimbo
At the half: Atlanta 24, Green Bay 0. It will take a major comeback and/or meltdown to prevent the Falcons from securing their second Super Bowl berth in franchise history

Question :
When did the NFL start allowing your team to push your ball carrier forward for yardage ?

You are NOT allowed to do that ...

Of course, no call.

it should be a good Super Bowl. For the record as a native New Englander I will root for the Pats. But I dread the two weeks of hype.

Reactions: BillD1984

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts