NFL 2018-2019 Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As I have said before, it isn't the outside things that make the NFL less enjoyable but the horrible officiating and since few starters play in pre-season, serious injuries are becoming more frequent it seems. But the new rules and officiating are ridiculous.

Not sure what you're really replying to, NFL discussion has been largely absent from this forum for some time, and NFL ratings and revenue are up. Haven't seen anything about injuries for this season yet.

I haven't been on in a while and I was picking up with the rule and the Clay Matthews flag from a couple of weeks ago. The officiating is horrible and remains so week in and week out. To me, that makes the game less enjoyable.

Injuries seem to be much higher now than the past, especially since the new contract reducing practice, hitting, and many coaches barely playing their starters in the pre-season. I am of the opinion that your body needs to get used to the hits and game speed. Falcons have lost at least 5 players, a few to season ending injuries, and IMO, the blame is the new contract and not playing in pre season.

NFL seems to be having a decent year so far.

Domk7-YV4AEx9Ht.jpg

If the Chiefs keep the best record in the AFC, I'd pity any team having to go there in late December or January for a playoff game. KC is brutal in the Winter.
You mean like last year? Nah, look at Reid's career record. We put up with his settling for field goals in the red zone for years in Phila and now he's doing it in K.C.. Cost him a win in N.E. on Sunday. It's what he does. If you're satisfied with a winning season he's your guy. If you want a championship he isn't.

Cowboys send a 1st to the Raiders (who now have 3 in 2019) for Amari Cooper.

Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson has requested to be traded.
Steelers will take him ....
They need him desperately ...
Weather they would ever pay for him is another issue ...
Maybe they could trade Peterson for Bell.

Saw one pundit say the price for Peterson should be 2 1sts and a 4th, with the Cardinals giving up Peterson and a 2nd. The first reply was perfect... 'are they getting the 23 year old version at that price?'

Saw one pundit say the price for Peterson should be 2 1sts and a 4th, with the Cardinals giving up Peterson and a 2nd. The first reply was perfect... 'are they getting the 23 year old version at that price?'
How old is he now ?

He's only 28, but thats a lot to ask for, don't see them getting anywhere near that.

How has he been playing ?
Steelers picked up Joe Haden from Cleveland's scrap heap, actually I think he was more than they wanted to pay again.
Haden has played very well since he's been there ...
We'll take Peterson for a reasonable price.

Of course, thats Me talking, not the Rooneys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)