NFL 2019 Season

I know it's been a while and I am 1000% positive this topic has been hit a few times...but... GOOD GOD, more technology has made NFL reffing the worst I have ever seen. IF you sneeze on a QB, it's roughing the passer(both in college AND the pros), if you accidentally touch a WR, it's a pass interference ....and do even get me started on spearing/leading with the helmet tackles. WHAT is a defender to do, ASK PERMISSION to where they can tackle someone??
agree with you on qb rules...
And PI is a very point of view call.

But,
Spearing, leading with helmet NEEDS addressing.
'See what you hit',
It's that simple.
When the head goes down, looking at ground instead of target, top of head xfers energy to/thru spine with loss of impact control.

When the eyes stay on the target, the head is up and impact is taken in chest/core.

Imagine shooters or archers or any other activity...
'take your eyes off target' is not good advice.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

I know it's been a while and I am 1000% positive this topic has been hit a few times...but... GOOD GOD, more technology has made NFL reffing the worst I have ever seen. IF you sneeze on a QB, it's roughing the passer(both in college AND the pros), if you accidentally touch a WR, it's a pass interference ....and do even get me started on spearing/leading with the helmet tackles. WHAT is a defender to do, ASK PERMISSION to where they can tackle someone??

As a Saints fan I might disagree with the pass interference “always” being called.

Welcome back!

Reactions: Jimbo
Did you see what that DB for Toledo did to that Northern Illinois QB. That's what they're trying to stop.

Good to be back after an illness hiatus (formerly BillD1984, but I couldn’t remember my password and I don’t have access to that email account anymore ). Anyway, I just wanted to weigh in on the Myles Garrett situation. I think his suspension should (and will) be extended to 2020. And I also think the Pouncey suspension was a little excessive. He just witnessed his teammate assaulted with a 6 pound weapon to his head, I think he should have been shown a little leniency for losing his mind. Not saying he shouldn’t have been punished, I just think 1 game would have been more appropriate.

Reactions: Jimbo
Welcome back!, that can be fixed I do believe we can restore your account.
Good to be back after an illness hiatus (formerly BillD1984, but I couldn’t remember my password and I don’t have access to that email account anymore ). Anyway, I just wanted to weigh in on the Myles Garrett situation. I think his suspension should (and will) be extended to 2020. And I also think the Pouncey suspension was a little excessive. He just witnessed his teammate assaulted with a 6 pound weapon to his head, I think he should have been shown a little leniency for losing his mind. Not saying he shouldn’t have been punished, I just think 1 game would have been more appropriate.
re

Reactions: BillD1984
It’s looking more and more likely that a 10-6 record won’t be good enough to get a wild card in the NFC. Seattle and Minnesota already have 8 wins each and it’s only week 11

Hey Guys! I have to say, I am VERY optimistic about my Raiders! I would have been happy with a 7-9 record, but never in my WILDEST dreams did I ever think that after the murderers row of a schedule, no LEGIT #1 offensive threat and a bunch of rookies and a crappy set of DBs...would they be 5-4 and 1/2 game behind the the Chiefs...
Welcome back Felix. I recently returned myself :)
[automerge]1575569139[/automerge]
Welcome back my friend, hope you're better.

Reactions: BillD1984
Got a question for all you guys ...

Should a team with a losing record, or .500 for that matter, that wins thier Division be able to host a Playoff game when their opponents record is better ?

It happened a few years back when the 7-9 Seahawks won thier division and hosted a team with a much better record that didn't win thier division.

It may happen again this year ...

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Got a question for all you guys ...

Should a team with a losing record, or .500 for that matter, that wins thier Division be able to host a Playoff game when their opponents record is better ?

It happened a few years back when the 7-9 Seahawks won thier division and hosted a team with a much better record that didn't win thier division.

It may happen again this year ...

Jimbo, I gotta say no. In fact, I think it should be a perquisite that a team has to be at least .500 to even qualify for the playoffs, let alone host a game. Take this year for example....hypothetically both the Cowboys or Eagles finish 7-9 (or worse), then a team like the Rams finishes 9-7 or 10-6 then they would take the NFC East’s spot

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!