NFL 2020

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
In Washington they have the best coach in the division, hands down, and he took a similar style QB to the Superbowl once before. Snyder's legal problems are exploding. That usually means the owner gets forced to sell so I'm not too worried about him.

In Washington they have the best coach in the division, hands down, and he took a similar style QB to the Superbowl once before. Snyder's legal problems are exploding. That usually means the owner gets forced to sell so I'm not too worried about him.
I agree, I think Snyder will be out soon ... not soon enough though.

In their current configurations and with their current coaches and coaching philosophies, none of those teams run a compatible offense that fits Watson's skillset. Ron Rivera does. With a bit of tweaking on the offense and with the defense already in place Washington could run away with the NFC East. You can't say that about any of those other teams in their divisions. Miami is not beating out the Bills (and Tua stays anyway). Panthers in that division? Nah. SF was a flash in the pan last year, don't expect that to happen again. That leaves the Steelers. I don't see Ben walking away after an ending like that but ?? The question I haven't seen an answer to yet is does he have right of refusal? Or do they trade him to the Jets for spite.

There are so many better landing spots for Watson than Snyder or the unknown. Steelers, Miami, SF, Panthers to name 4.

My guess is Snyder stays
Steelers would be ideal ... for both parties involved ... Steelers still need to upgrade the O Line some and get a REAL RB ...
They have the option to take Travis ETN or Najee Harris ... if they don't give away the high round picks to get a QB.

I heard a rumor that Chicago is interested in Watson, but I also live in Bears territory so take it at face value

I heard a rumor that Chicago is interested in Watson, but I also live in Bears territory so take it at face value
Well, everything is speculation at this point, seeing hes a signed player, it would have to be a trade and I would imagine that Houston would Not want to trade him, so they would be asking a kings ransom ...
I do not know his contract status at this point, but theres a lot of speculation that he's not happy in Houston.

Reactions: HipKat
Well, everything is speculation at this point, seeing hes a signed player, it would have to be a trade and I would imagine that Houston would Not want to trade him, so they would be asking a kings ransom ...
I do not know his contract status at this point, but theres a lot of speculation that he's not happy in Houston.
The owner has now reached out to Watson and wants him involved in selecting a new coach so it seems the Texans want him to stay.

The owner has now reached out to Watson and wants him involved in selecting a new coach so it seems the Texans want him to stay.
Of course they WANT him to stay ....
The initial issue started when Watson was told he would be involved in all of this previously and they went about getting who ever they wanted and didn't at least talk with Watson.

Reactions: HipKat
As I said, unless his contract gives him the right of refusal, and I don't think it does, he could end up somewhere much worse if he does in fact force a trade, like the Jets for instance, or Detroit, or with inept Nagy in Chicago. What do all 3 have in common? No o-line to protect the QB and all 3 have had QB injuries this season. The grass isn't always greener, or to put it another way, careful what you wish for.

As far as being involved, there's some indications that he may have misunderstood and thought that included the GM. Apparently it did not and in my opinion it should not. I can understand a QB wanting some input on a head coach but no QB should ever be involved in selecting a GM.

Looks like Watson JUST signed a contract for 4 years ...
With the Cap hit, he'll never get picked up ... however, I don't know if that is wiped out and reworked if he gets traded.

If it stays, my Steelers have NO PRAYER of getting him (not that I really thought there was any chance.)

Brady in yet another Conference Championship game. His stats weren't the most overwhelming (though if you look back, his stats often haven't been in the playoffs), he didn't commit many errors and Tampa are in the NFC Conference Finals. They faceoff in Green Bay, which will be an issue for a lot of the Tampa players. So Green Bay will be the favorite, but Tom Brady is Tom Brady. And you can never count him out.

Bills and Chiefs, based on this weekend, the Bills are the favorite, but the Playoffs are always a reset week after week and its a system verses system matchup. The good news is that the Chiefs are better on paper, but the bad news is two fold. Mahomes could be problematic with a head injury and foot injury. The worst part, yes, KC and Reid finally broke through last year, but they are still KC and Reid, notable underachievers late in the playoffs. I think the Bills are the favorites. I found it funny that the TV crews forgot that Buffalo played defense when picking the Ravens because of their defense.
Browns put up a hellof an effort.
Yes, KC had problems when Mahomes left, but Cleveland did make the game close. If not for a(nother) fumble at the goal line, the outcome could have been different. Cleveland had a wonderful season this year. Even going out very respectably in the playoffs.

Next year will be interesting. Everyone makes these unfortunate assumptions that inertia is the rule of law in the NFL for good teams, but it isn't, and the NFL is always adapting, so hopefully the coaching for the Browns can keep up and they can finish 10-6 to 12-4 next season.

I'd be concerned with Mahomes concussion. First, does he clear protocol by next Sunday? (Probably) Second, if he clears protocol will he have some lingering effects? (Possibly) Third, if he does play how susceptible to another concussion might he be so soon after this one? (That's the scary one). I really don't think they want to pin their hopes on Chad Henne against the Bills.

Brady in yet another Conference Championship game. His stats weren't the most overwhelming (though if you look back, his stats often haven't been in the playoffs), he didn't commit many errors and Tampa are in the NFC Conference Finals. They faceoff in Green Bay, which will be an issue for a lot of the Tampa players. So Green Bay will be the favorite, but Tom Brady is Tom Brady. And you can never count him out.
Brady should by Brees a new car. Without those 3 int's they don't win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts