NFL 2021

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When are players (which players?) getting hurt on punt returns? Would a CFL-esque "no yards" rule help? IE, the returning player gets a crease, around him to first field the ball. This would reduce impact speeds on a return.

Head wise, football is troubled with one important thing that won't go away, "center of gravity". One makes a RB want to get his head down and out in front putting it at risk, and the other makes the defender do the same, but in order to get to the RB's body.

Personally, I've wondered the trade off of getting rid of shoulder pads, or significantly reduce them.

OK, here's an analogy; If you have a basket of apples and you say "Let's remove the biggest apple." doesn't another apple then become the biggest one? And if you remove that apple then another becomes the biggest one, and so on, and so on. Same thing with football, remove the most dangerous play and another then becomes the most dangerous play, and so on, and so on. At what point do you decide the risk is acceptable? Gotta be somewhere or the game stops. Actually, per play, the most likely to cause a concussion is the passing play (44%) so what's next, no passing the ball?

The highest occurence of concussion is to the cornerback position followed by the receiver position followed by the linebacker position, NOT IN THE KICKING GAME! It's just another smokescreen by the NFL trying to placate critics who don't know what's really going on.

https://medium.com/@PhilipAndrews/what-positions-are-most-prone-to-concussions

Who Has The Most Concussions In Nfl History? – SLFP

Top 3 positions that lead to concussions in the NFL

What Football Position Gets The Most Concussions? – FaqCounter

It's the wrong analogy though. There will always be a 'biggest apple', but special teams is disproportionally resulting in injuries.

The better analogy would be you have a basket of apples, and when you leave one in there for a month and eat it regardless of the level of decay, it makes someone sick. When you remove the apple, food poisoning as a byproduct of consuming an apple are more in line with expectations but could endure tweaks over time as Apples get stronger, better, etc.

But there's no need to be abstract. The data is clear:

30% of major knee injuries, 1 in 6 concussions and 29% of other lower body injuries are happening on ~%17 of the plays in a game: special teams.

That doesn't just shift around and make something else disproportionally out of wack just because special teams is removed (which you keep trying to posit). It doesn't mean it should be removed either, but that it needs to continue to be addressed.

The Patriots are bringing back Joe Judge as an offensive assistant.
were-putting-the-band-back-together-were-getting-back-together.gif

Did they try for Bill O'Brien too?

Reactions: BillD1984
Read the links, it's all in there, by position.

You are aware that special teams players all have regular position designations, right?

Then, there’s this:

According to Dr. Allen Sills, the NFL's chief medical officer, and Miller, one in six concussions came on special teams. Add in 30% of major knee injuries (mostly ACL tears) and 29% of other lower body injuries were on kick teams.

Considering that only about 17% of all plays involve special teams, those numbers are alarming.

My coworker told me that due to a team making the Super Bowl that is also hosting the Super Bowl for the second year in a row, the NFL will be outlawing this from ever happening again by permanently moving the Super Bowl to Ford Field.

The NFL has announced more international games.

Munich will host the first ever regular season game in Germany next year. The NFL will play four games in Germany from 2022 to 2025 -- two in Munich and two in Frankfurt.

The NFL has announced more international games.

Munich will host the first ever regular season game in Germany next year. The NFL will play four games in Germany from 2022 to 2025 -- two in Munich and two in Frankfurt.

O/U on how many of those games involve the Jaguars.

Peyton and Eli extended their ESPN MNF Manningcast through the 2024 season.
Agreement also has their company, Omaha Productions, producing similar “alternative” shows, with other people, for UFC, golf, and college football.

Bengals blown out
or
Their Defense is the story of the game.
Undecided ....
I don't think the Bengals will get Blown Out at all.

As I mentioned earlier, I am just going to watch and enjoy it, without someone to root for ...

I have liked Matt Stafford all along, he gets out of Detroit and takes the team to the Playoffs and the Super Bowl, in his 1st year ... That says alot about him ... Sure, it wasn't Stafford alone, the rest of the team is pretty damn good too.
Glad he's getting an opportunity to shine ...

Then there are the Bengals (keep in mind, I'm a Steelers fan) .... Once Joe Burrow was drafted, ,you knew there was a good chance that the Bengals were on the right track to turning things around, they needed to continue to improve, but they got a lot better once Burrow and Chase came on board.
I think the Bengals also have about 4 or 5 former Buckeyes playing for them, and they are playing well.

I will sit back and watch, I usually end up pulling for the team that is trailing when I have no one to pull for ...
This game will be interesting.

Today is Super Sunday, and if the Rams win I win $150 (including my original $10 bet). But I’ve always been a sucker for a good underdog story. It happened 20 years ago when my Patriots-with a relatively unknown QB- defeated the heavily favored Rams. This wouldn’t be nearly as big an upset, but it still would be a pretty decent one. I just feel like the Bengals are this year’s destiny’s darlings.

Bengals 33, Rams 27
MVP- Tyler Boyd

Who Dey?????!!!!!!

IMG_8176.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8176.jpg
    IMG_8176.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: madmadworld

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)