NFL 2021

A simple solution to this problem might be like when someone declares to the ref that they are eligible to be a receiver. The head coach of the paid to lose side needs to tell the Ref, and before the game, the Ref announces that the team has declared an intent to lose on purpose.

"The Miami Dolphins have declared they will lose on purpose."

I know that this story is quickly evolving into a very serious situation, but I LMAO at this meme. Had to share.
IMG_8316.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: mdonnelly
Today’s THAT Sunday Next week we have the Super Bowl, but today is a sneak preview of what Sunday’s are gonna look like for the next 7 months. I’ve said for years that I wish the NFL would start their season at the beginning of October, and have the Super Bowl the first weekend in March. It would be like killing two birds with one stone- generally September is way too nice outside to be be sitting inside watching football. And having the playoffs and Super Bowl go into the first weekend of March would get us through the dregs of February.

Meanwhile, the NFL is again talking about removing or altering the Kick off and Punts, seeing they are more dangerous than the rest of the plays ..... Is it really more dangerous than a recvr going over the middle of the field ?

Here's the problem. Once they remove that most dangerous play then something else becomes the most dangerous play. And if you get rid of that one then something else becomes the most dangerous play. No matter what you do, short of doing away with football altogether, there will always be a most dangerous play. It's a full contact sport, players will get hurt, live with it or tie flags on their belts. :rolleyes:

Reactions: SamCdbs
Here's the problem. Once they remove that most dangerous play then something else becomes the most dangerous play. And if you get rid of that one then something else becomes the most dangerous play. No matter what you do, short of doing away with football altogether, there will always be a most dangerous play. It's a full contact sport, players will get hurt, live with it or tie flags on their belts. :rolleyes:

The premise isn't wrong, but the conclusion is.

There is no way to generalize away the data, it's gotten better with new rules, but special teams continues to be a big source of injuries and it is genuinely a problem they need to solve.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

I still see way too many players leading with their head when tackling their opponent. $25,000 fine, ejection from the game, and forfeiture of that game’s payment, even if the player isn’t flagged as targeting. Make it a New York call.

But what do I know? I move bits for a living. Short of wrapping the players in bubble-wrap, Professional Football is a inherently dangerous game. If you eliminate kickoffs and punts, you know, the only plays where a player’s foot is actually allowed to make contact with the ball, it would require the sport be renamed to handball.

The rest of the World sports fans already think we’re slightly daft calling the American Football, “Football”. They aren’t wrong; naming a sport that allows pretty much any body part to touch the ball except the player’s foot “football” seems pretty insane to me as well. But that’s what we got. Ain’t nothing more American than that…

(I should say it’s the middle of the night and I’m punchy after the neighbor’s dog’s barking woke me up.)

Reactions: madmadworld
But what do I know? I move bits for a living. Short of wrapping the players in bubble-wrap, Professional Football is a inherently dangerous game. If you eliminate kickoffs and punts, you know, the only plays where a player’s foot is actually allowed to make contact with the ball, it would require the sport be renamed to handball.

The rest of the World sports fans already think we’re slightly daft calling the American Football, “Football”. They aren’t wrong; naming a sport that allows pretty much any body part to touch the ball except the player’s foot “football” seems pretty insane to me as well. But that’s what we got. Ain’t nothing more American than that…

(I should say it’s the middle of the night and I’m punchy after the neighbor’s dog’s barking woke me up.)
I can only add
When the foot and ball happens, it's done so very regrettably. by a berated member of the "team". unless a TD has occurred.

Reactions: Foxbat
The premise isn't wrong, but the conclusion is.

There is no way to generalize away the data, it's gotten better with new rules, but special teams continues to be a big source of injuries and it is genuinely a problem they need to solve.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
OK, here's an analogy; If you have a basket of apples and you say "Let's remove the biggest apple." doesn't another apple then become the biggest one? And if you remove that apple then another becomes the biggest one, and so on, and so on. Same thing with football, remove the most dangerous play and another then becomes the most dangerous play, and so on, and so on. At what point do you decide the risk is acceptable? Gotta be somewhere or the game stops. Actually, per play, the most likely to cause a concussion is the passing play (44%) so what's next, no passing the ball?

The highest occurence of concussion is to the cornerback position followed by the receiver position followed by the linebacker position, NOT IN THE KICKING GAME! It's just another smokescreen by the NFL trying to placate critics who don't know what's really going on.

https://medium.com/@PhilipAndrews/what-positions-are-most-prone-to-concussions

Who Has The Most Concussions In Nfl History? – SLFP

Top 3 positions that lead to concussions in the NFL

What Football Position Gets The Most Concussions? – FaqCounter

OK, here's an analogy; If you have a basket of apples and you say "Let's remove the biggest apple." doesn't another apple then become the biggest one? And if you remove that apple then another becomes the biggest one, and so on, and so on. Same thing with football, remove the most dangerous play and another then becomes the most dangerous play, and so on, and so on. At what point do you decide the risk is acceptable? Gotta be somewhere or the game stops. Actually, per play, the most likely to cause a concussion is the passing play (44%) so what's next, no passing the ball?

The highest occurence of concussion is to the cornerback position followed by the receiver position followed by the linebacker position, NOT IN THE KICKING GAME! It's just another smokescreen by the NFL trying to placate critics who don't know what's really going on.

https://medium.com/@PhilipAndrews/what-positions-are-most-prone-to-concussions

Who Has The Most Concussions In Nfl History? – SLFP

Top 3 positions that lead to concussions in the NFL

What Football Position Gets The Most Concussions? – FaqCounter
Or what about the O and D lines, they butt heads on every play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)