NFL 2021

The NFL is the king of turning off-season nothings into reasonably rated TV shows.

- (In ordinary times) The combine. Nothing more than a skills competition.
- The draft. Something you can easily review in a few minutes on the internet after it is over, from whatever perspective you come from (i.e. as a college fan, who came from your and rival schools and/or as a pro fan, what did your team do? )
- The schedule release. The teams that play are based on a formula that is discussed up thread. This is jut the dates, and not even all the times. Again something you can check on the internet the next day in a few minutes. And unless you have the world's worst boss and have to put in 6 months in advance to get off for a Thursday or Monday game; or you want to see when your team is playing at Las Vegas, who really cares anyway?

The NFL is the king of turning off-season nothings into reasonably rated TV shows.

- (In ordinary times) The combine. Nothing more than a skills competition.
- The draft. Something you can easily review in a few minutes on the internet after it is over, from whatever perspective you come from (i.e. as a college fan, who came from your and rival schools and/or as a pro fan, what did your team do? )
- The schedule release. The teams that play are based on a formula that is discussed up thread. This is jut the dates, and not even all the times. Again something you can check on the internet the next day in a few minutes. And unless you have the world's worst boss and have to put in 6 months in advance to get off for a Thursday or Monday game; or you want to see when your team is playing at Las Vegas, who really cares anyway?
Clearly there are people that care. But, it's not for everyone.

The ratings are impressive for such mundane programming, or else the league wouldn't devote the time and energy into producing them.....

Heres Week 1 schedule :

NFL Week 1 games​

Thursday, Sept. 9
Cowboys at Buccaneers

Sunday, Sept. 12
Vikings at Bengals
Steelers at Bills
Seahawks at Colts
Browns at Chiefs
Eagles at Falcons
Broncos at Giants
49ers at Lions
Jets at Panthers
Dolphins at Patriots
Packers at Saints
Jaguars at Texans
Cardinals at Titans
Chargers at Washington
Bears at Rams (Sunday Night Football)

Monday, Sept. 13
Ravens at Raiders

I'm rather surprised that we don't have 2 games on the first Monday night as has been the case for the last several years.
I really like a 7 pm start for the 1st game.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Heres Week 1 schedule :

NFL Week 1 games​

Thursday, Sept. 9
Cowboys at Buccaneers

Sunday, Sept. 12
Vikings at Bengals
Steelers at Bills
Seahawks at Colts
Browns at Chiefs
Eagles at Falcons
Broncos at Giants
49ers at Lions
Jets at Panthers
Dolphins at Patriots
Packers at Saints
Jaguars at Texans
Cardinals at Titans
Chargers at Washington
Bears at Rams (Sunday Night Football)

Monday, Sept. 13
Ravens at Raiders

I'm rather surprised that we don't have 2 games on the first Monday night as has been the case for the last several years.
I really like a 7 pm start for the 1st game.

They announced earlier that there will be no more Week 1 MNF doubleheader. Instead ESPN/ABC is getting a Week 18 Saturday doubleheader. These games won’t be scheduled. The NFL will be flexing two games to Saturday based on playoff implications.

IMG_5044.JPG

A double doubleheader in Week 1??

There’s a twist I didn’t see coming

Why can't they schedule all of the byes during a 4 week period between weeks 8-11.
The TV networks complained about the diluted schedule during weeks when too many teams were on a bye. And, the league is cognizant of the impact on fantasy players and gambling with a smaller weekly schedule.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts