NFL 2021

No such thing as moral victories in the NFL, but I did like what I saw out of Mac Jones last night. A lot of rookies would have caved in the unique situation that game was. I personally hate that Belichick decided to go for a 56 yard FG on 4th and 3 (this is not in hindsight, I was yelling at the TV as it was happening). Yes, Nick Folk has been rock solid for a year and a half now, but he’s never been known as a distance kicker. But more importantly, even if he did hit it, you’re giving Brady almost a minute on the clock with 2 timeouts in his back pocket. That’s an eternity for TB12, and no one knows that better than Belichick.

Reactions: Hart5150
There are moral victories, even in the NFL and the Patriots did well against the Bucs. Mac Jones did very well under the pressure he was constantly put under. He held firm in the pocket and really was impressive. Hope his development continues.

56 yard field goal or going for it at 4th and 3, really bad choices the both of them. Folk hit the post at 56 yards in the rain, making that decision not a terrible one. 4th and 3, with a blitz and they know you aren't running? If it were me, I'd have thrown a challenge flag demanding a third option.

Reactions: BillD1984
There are moral victories, even in the NFL and the Patriots did well against the Bucs. Mac Jones did very well under the pressure he was constantly put under. He held firm in the pocket and really was impressive. Hope his development continues.

56 yard field goal or going for it at 4th and 3, really bad choices the both of them. Folk hit the post at 56 yards in the rain, making that decision not a terrible one. 4th and 3, with a blitz and they know you aren't running? If it were me, I'd have thrown a challenge flag demanding a third option.

But again, even if Folk makes that, Brady has 56 seconds and 2 timeouts and all he needs is a field goal. There’s no question in my mind that the Patriots lose in that scenario.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

But again, even if Folk makes that, Brady has 56 seconds and 2 timeouts and all he needs is a field goal. There’s no question in my mind that the Patriots lose in that scenario.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
So they lose in that scenario. Clock management is important, but you got to score at some point, and the odds of field goal verses losing the ball and no points? Again, I'm throwing that flag.

Ref: What is wrong?
Me: I don't like my options.
Ref: You don't like your options?
Me: You know, a very long field in this rain verses going for it on 4th and 3.
Ref: I'm not cer...
Me: I need something else. What do you got?
Ref: Got?
Me: Yeah, a third option, you must have something.
Ref: I suppose you could fake a pun.... wait! No, this isn't my responsibility.
Me: Really a fake punt is probably even a worse option. No wonder you are a ref.
Ref: *throws flag*
Me: Now don't you go copying me!

I didn’t mind the decision. I think he’s thinking long term. Ok, Mac you got us in position to take the lead inside a minute left in the game.

The kid was phenomenal in the situation he was in. A rookie starting in a game billed (not by me) the biggest regular season game. He was playing with no running game whatsoever and being blitzed constantly.

Losing that game sucked but 2 things I did like coming out of it were that Mac Jones is good now and only going to get better. Matt Judon is a stud, once Gilmore gets back the defense will be elite.

10-7 with a wildcard birth.

Reactions: BillD1984
I didn’t mind the decision. I think he’s thinking long term. Ok, Mac you got us in position to take the lead inside a minute left in the game.

The kid was phenomenal in the situation he was in. A rookie starting in a game billed (not by me) the biggest regular season game. He was playing with no running game whatsoever and being blitzed constantly.

Losing that game sucked but 2 things I did like coming out of it were that Mac Jones is good now and only going to get better. Matt Judon is a stud, once Gilmore gets back the defense will be elite.

10-7 with a wildcard birth.
Agreed!! Judon is a stud and Christian Barmore is going to be a stud! 2-2 would have been sweet because their next 3 games are winnable ( at Texans and Cowboys and Jets at Gillette)

Man! These maneuvers are what allowed a two decade run by New England, but they do feel hollow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)