NFL 2021

The Chiefs have had an issue of putting themselves in holes and relied on Mahomes to get them out. Can only go to that well so many times. If I were Kansas City, I think their biggest weakness is Reid. Yes, he finally got over the hump, but he has a tendency of not getting far enough in the playoffs.

I’ve been as critical as anyone of Andy Reid. His clock mismanagement can be often times brutal! That said, he is unquestionably a top 5 active coach in the NFL. Belichick is the stand bearer of coaches, no question, but let’s be honest would you rather have a Belichick-Mac Jones or Reid-Mahomes combo? If you say Belichick-Jones you’re either beyond delusional or the biggest homer known to man.

Ah but NE is 8-4 and KC is 7-4 with NE 5-0 in the last 5 while KC is 4-1. How many Superbowls has NE won compared to KC? 6-1 ya say? Careful where ya put yer money, just sayin. :D

Those numbers above are 4 weeks old.

IMG_0521.JPG

Ah but NE is 8-4 and KC is 7-4 with NE 5-0 in the last 5 while KC is 4-1. How many Superbowls has NE won compared to KC? 6-1 ya say? Careful where ya put yer money, just sayin. :D

Those numbers above are 4 weeks old.

It’s actually 6-2. Len Dawson’s Super Bowl win is as relevant to this discussion as Tom Brady’s 6.

I’ve been as critical as anyone of Andy Reid. His clock mismanagement can be often times brutal! That said, he is unquestionably a top 5 active coach in the NFL.
Regular season? Sure! He is the Peyton Manning of head coaches. :D
Belichick is the stand bearer of coaches, no question, but let’s be honest would you rather have a Belichick-Mac Jones or Reid-Mahomes combo? If you say Belichick-Jones you’re either beyond delusional or the biggest homer known to man.
For me, it isn't Belichick-Jones v Reid-Mahomes. It is the Patriots Coaching v Chiefs Coaching. At this moment, I'd give Kansas City the edge, but only because I don't think New England has proven itself against quality competition, and I really won't be satisfied until they beat Kansas City (assuming the Pats make it that far).

Ultimately, Mahomes isn't playing against Jones. He is playing against several aspects. In the past few games, the Patriots have been killing it on the clock. Mahomes can't score if he isn't on the field. Mahomes has to face the Patriots defense, which has been getting better. Likewise, Jones has to face the Chiefs defense (assuming the Pats even make the playoffs :D). But the coaching and McDaniels has been helping Jones by creating a very dynamic offensive plan that keeps defenses honest. Coaching is going to be more critical this year.

Regular season? Sure! He is the Peyton Manning of head coaches.

For me, it isn't Belichick-Jones v Reid-Mahomes. It is the Patriots Coaching v Chiefs Coaching. At this moment, I'd give Kansas City the edge, but only because I don't think New England has proven itself against quality competition, and I really won't be satisfied until they beat Kansas City (assuming the Pats make it that far).

Ultimately, Mahomes isn't playing against Jones. He is playing against several aspects. In the past few games, the Patriots have been killing it on the clock. Mahomes can't score if he isn't on the field. Mahomes has to face the Patriots defense, which has been getting better. Likewise, Jones has to face the Chiefs defense (assuming the Pats even make the playoffs ). But the coaching and McDaniels has been helping Jones by creating a very dynamic offensive plan that keeps defenses honest. Coaching is going to be more critical this year.

Reid has 17 career postseason wins. That’s good for tied for 4th in NFL history with Joe Gibbs. Only Bill Belichick (31), Tom Landry (20) and Don Shula (19) are ahead of Reid on the all time list. If you were to make an analogy of a head coach and quarterback and their postseason success (or lack of) relative to their regular season success, I think Peyton Manning and Marty Schottenheimer would be more accurate.

Reactions: madmadworld
I’ve been as critical as anyone of Andy Reid. His clock mismanagement can be often times brutal! That said, he is unquestionably a top 5 active coach in the NFL. Belichick is the stand bearer of coaches, no question, but let’s be honest would you rather have a Belichick-Mac Jones or Reid-Mahomes combo? If you say Belichick-Jones you’re either beyond delusional or the biggest homer known to man.
I don't know, in a few years, you may like your NE combo much better.
I think you did REAL good getting Jones .... I think you'll be real happy with him, you could have had a few others as well, whoever went to NE was going to do well.

Reid has 17 career postseason wins. That’s good for tied for 4th in NFL history with Joe Gibbs. Only Bill Belichick (31), Tom Landry (20) and Don Shula (19) are ahead of Reid on the all time list. If you were to make an analogy of a head coach and quarterback and their postseason success (or lack of) relative to their regular season success, I think Peyton Manning and Marty Schottenheimer would be more accurate.
I stick with my first selection. Peyton Manning did win the Super Bowl a couple times after all. But his regular season performance was much much better than his playoff performance.

Peyton Manning: - 187 - 79 / 14 - 13
Andy Reid: 228 - 134 / 17 - 15

And speak about ridiculous standards here! 14-13 playoff record should be heralded. Manning got to 4 Super Bowls, one without even having a functioning neck. And that is considered by partisans like me, a complete failure, because let's be honest here, Manning is a bum. And not because he is a bum, but because he played on a carpet indoors and people oogle his stats. Darn bum! But what makes the two up top seem bad are the two down below.

Tom Brady: 238 - 72 / 34 - 11
Bill Belichick: 288 - 140 (including Cleveland) / 31 - 12

I just can't get over those numbers for Brady and Belichick. Brady has almost as many Super Bowl appearances as he has playoff losses... and he has 11 playoff losses! I can't imagine anyone ever winning that much ever again. Those two proved what you could accomplish with endless hard work, incredible understanding of the fundamentals of both the game and player contribution, and a futuristic 22nd century style satellite spy system.

The one stat that blows me away about Brady-more than any other- is if you take away his 7 Super Bowl runs wins (3,3,3,3,3,3 and 4 last year) he would STILL be over .500 in his career (12-11) in the postseason. Think about that for a minute. Think of all the great QB’s that have played in the postseason over the years that are UNDER .500 and don’t even have a Super Bowl to show for it. That stat just goes to show that Brady has had very minimal “one and dones” in the postseason.

Reactions: Yespage
Oh, and Bill Belichick’s 31 career postseason wins includes 30 as HC of the Pats and 1 as head coach of the Browns. His only non-Patriots win as an NFL head coach? He beat the Patriots and his mentor, Bill Parcells on New Year’s Day 1995.

I stick with my first selection. Peyton Manning did win the Super Bowl a couple times after all. But his regular season performance was much much better than his playoff performance.

Peyton Manning: - 187 - 79 / 14 - 13
Andy Reid: 228 - 134 / 17 - 15

And speak about ridiculous standards here! 14-13 playoff record should be heralded. Manning got to 4 Super Bowls, one without even having a functioning neck. And that is considered by partisans like me, a complete failure, because let's be honest here, Manning is a bum. And not because he is a bum, but because he played on a carpet indoors and people oogle his stats. Darn bum! But what makes the two up top seem bad are the two down below.

Tom Brady: 238 - 72 / 34 - 11
Bill Belichick: 288 - 140 (including Cleveland) / 31 - 12

I just can't get over those numbers for Brady and Belichick. Brady has almost as many Super Bowl appearances as he has playoff losses... and he has 11 playoff losses! I can't imagine anyone ever winning that much ever again. Those two proved what you could accomplish with endless hard work, incredible understanding of the fundamentals of both the game and player contribution, and a futuristic 22nd century style satellite spy system.
And it took a whole lot more than just Brady and Belichick to win for all those years.

With the Patriots playing tomorrow night, my Sunday menu will have a little more Scott Hanson than usual. Otherwise, it’s a great lineup of AFC playoff contenders with a little TB12 sprinkled in.

Chargers at Bengals- 1:00 ET (CBS)
Buccaneers at Falcons- 1:00 ET (FOX)
Ravens at Steelers- 4:25 ET (CBS)
Broncos at Chiefs- 8:20 ET (NBC)

This is amazing ...
Buffalo KNOWING that the Pats will RUN the ball, they cannot stop the Run.
So far, Mac Jones has passed the ball 1 time going into the 4th Q.

So much for tuning in to see how well Mac Jones plays ... :(

This is amazing ...
Buffalo KNOWING that the Pats will RUN the ball, they cannot stop the Run.
So far, Mac Jones has passed the ball 1 time going into the 4th Q.

So much for tuning in to see how well Mac Jones plays ... :(
He had a couple good QB rushes. ;)

Buffalo did pretty well in dealing with the rush. They gave up one huge one and the 2 pt conversion was the difference in the math that helped give the Pats the game. Both teams are solid, though curious about the status of Harris.

I think it is official, the Patriots are worth talking about. NE, Buffalo, KC probably the ones going for the trip to the Super Bowl.

He had a couple good QB rushes. ;)

Buffalo did pretty well in dealing with the rush. They gave up one huge one and the 2 pt conversion was the difference in the math that helped give the Pats the game. Both teams are solid, though curious about the status of Harris.

I think it is official, the Patriots are worth talking about. NE, Buffalo, KC probably the ones going for the trip to the Super Bowl.
I bet Brady never had a 1 pass game in his entire career, High school, College and Pro.

A few comments on this weekend's games:

A. The Vikings going to a 3 man rush (prevent) defense on the last play of the game has got to be the dumbest play call of the year, period.
B. The next dumbest call is the Ravens going for 2 to win rather than 1 to tie and send it to OT. How'd that work out?
B. How is Nagy holding on to his job in Chicago? Seriously, how? Dalton is better than Foles, an SB MVP? Yeah, right.
C. What were those earlier posts about Belichick and NE vs Reid and KC? NE looking better all the time, dontcha think?
D. That dofus GM of the Eagles is undermining his QB for the 2nd time in two years. Hurts could have and should have played.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts