NFL 2021

I bet Brady never had a 1 pass game in his entire career, High school, College and Pro.
If anything was to make one question the future of Mac Jones, that game was it. His maturity level will help decide the outcome of that. Definitely a game plan no one would have predicted. Looking at the stats and it seems a miracle the Patriots won with only 11 first downs, but their defense did a great job, and running the ball took time off the clock.

A few comments on this weekend's games:

B. The next dumbest call is the Ravens going for 2 to win rather than 1 to tie and send it to OT. How'd that work out?
It was clearly a risky call by Harbaugh, but not a dumb one.

He (Harbaugh) went on to note the lack of roster depth as an added reason to roll the dice.

"We were pretty much out of corners at that point in time," Harbaugh said. "It was an opportunity to try to win the game right there."

The 17 points allowed to the Steelers in the 4th quarter also showed they were out of gas defensively.....

Ravens' John Harbaugh explains decision to attempt two-point conversion in loss to Steelers

IMO, this will be the craziest final 5 weeks in recent NFL history

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

What seems crazy is the Patriots almost lead the league is scoring, which is a bit unexpected. They are also 2nd best in points allowed. Every AFC team is pressured to win out because there are a half dozen plus teams in the AFC waiting to take their place. 13 teams vying for 7 playoff spots.

Reactions: BillD1984
It was clearly a risky call by Harbaugh, but not a dumb one.

He (Harbaugh) went on to note the lack of roster depth as an added reason to roll the dice.

"We were pretty much out of corners at that point in time," Harbaugh said. "It was an opportunity to try to win the game right there."

The 17 points allowed to the Steelers in the 4th quarter also showed they were out of gas defensively.....

Ravens' John Harbaugh explains decision to attempt two-point conversion in loss to Steelers
It wasn't a bad call. He played to win, and it was a gamble of sorts, but it was a gamble in which they held their own destiny in a single play. They play for overtime, that can evaporate. And it nearly worked.

Going for a touchdown on the last play of the game, when a field goal wins it, now that would be a bad idea.

What seems crazy is the Patriots almost lead the league is scoring, which is a bit unexpected. They are also 2nd best in points allowed. Every AFC team is pressured to win out because there are a half dozen plus teams in the AFC waiting to take their place. 13 teams vying for 7 playoff spots.

Yeah, I saw that too. Very, very surprising! I honestly thought they were around middle of the pack in scoring.

Pat McAfee Show signs a $120m 4 year deal with Fanduel. 8x what he made in his 8 year NFL career.

This video, especially the last half, is nice to watch. Happy for him. I don't watch any pundits mostly, and get a lot of my news real time bia Twitter, but have recently started watching a lot of what his team produces. The authenticity is palpable, and I enjoy it.

View: https://youtu.be/OHY99OOtqiI

IMHO, McAfee is this generation's Jim Rome. Which is to say the sport version of Howard Stern. The entire act is "I can't believe that this guy acts like an a**hole and says f*** on the radio". Once you get it that these guys really are a**holes and really is willing to say dirty words, there is no second act.

Just foul mouthed losers without talent.

• Wow
Reactions: madmadworld
IMHO, McAfee is this generation's Jim Rome. Which is to say the sport version of Howard Stern. The entire act is "I can't believe that this guy acts like an a**hole and says f*** on the radio". Once you get it that these guys really are a**holes and really is willing to say dirty words, there is no second act.

Just foul mouthed losers without talent.
Ahh... Jim Rome... the guy that cowered underneath Jim Everett. I hate acts like that. I used to listen to more sports radio back in the day on WFAN. These days, it is just so much noise. I mean it was probably noise back then too, but WFAN had better personalities on it.

Yeah, I can't stand any of the produced shock-jock-style personalities, Jim Rome would be in that group (like Stephen A Smith) of yelling and hot takes. I don't listen/watch much outside of the aggregated sources on Twitter for NFL news, but McAfee just feels more authentic and relatable. A big part of it IMO is because he's doing his own thing, it's not part of some big media company, etc. I don't actively watch his show every day, but rather just the content that comes out of it and is surfaced on Youtube for the most part.

Man, the Bills, as losses go, to an NFC team isn't as harsh as an AFC team, but still, the Bills are so much better than their record.
As the Browns were choking :facepalm
Browns can choke and Huntley started making really good passes at the same time. Cleveland's franchise needed that win bad!

Kinda expecting both the Ravens and Bills to fall out of the playoffs at this point.
Nah, the Bills only have 1 game left to worry about and that's NE. Carolina, Jets and Fins should be wins, especially since12 1/2 games in, they finally found their heart

Kinda expecting both the Ravens and Bills to fall out of the playoffs at this point.

The Ravens are in serious trouble. Their division record is terrible, they’re battling the injury bug and they have a very tough remaining schedule. It’s still any of the 4 teams to take, but I think the AFC North will ultimately come down to the Bengals and Browns. However, it’s looking more and more unlikely that a Wildcard will emerge from this division. As far as the Bills go, I think they’re still in a very good position to get in as a Wildcard.

It's wild how bad the Bills seem to be at times any given Sunday, but looking at their schedule, they have so many strong wins and then you see losing 9-6 to the Jags. They are so much better than their record. Is it coaching? Inconsistent play?

For the Ravens it's the opposite to me, it's a brutal schedule and everything relying on the legs of Lamar Jackson who is a very hot/not passer. When he's bottled up and is having a not game passing the ball it's been a disaster for them.

It's possible a more even game plan designed for his backup could even be a boon to them now and going forward.

Pivoting to the Chiefs... happy to see things continuing to progress. Offense isn't 'there' yet and their problems still exist, but they have a team we haven't seen in the Mahomes era - Mahomes w/ a very good defense. Scary sh*t for the rest of the league if they can keep it going.

The Raiders are the only 2 games where they haven't seen 2 high safeties, and they scored over 90. Can't hope for incompetent schemes/coaching every week.