My Wildcard predictions-

Bengals (Raiders cover)
Patriots
Buccaneers (Bucs cover)
49ers
Chiefs (Chiefs cover BIG)
Cardinals

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I'm wondering how much this huge weather front going thru the East side of the US is going to effect these games this weekend ....
I saw a report that Pittsburgh was predicted up to 14" of snow ...... A more reasonable estimate may be 4... that said, the game is in KC, which is also going to be effected, but I think it will come Saturday and have plenty of time to clear out before the 8 pm Sunday time slot, unless forecasts and weather gets pushed back.

Reactions: AZ. and BillD1984
I'm wondering how much this huge weather front going thru the East side of the US is going to effect these games this weekend ....
I saw a report that Pittsburgh was predicted up to 14" of snow ...... A more reasonable estimate may be 4... that said, the game is in KC, which is also going to be effected, but I think it will come Saturday and have plenty of time to clear out before the 8 pm Sunday time slot, unless forecasts and weather gets pushed back.

It’s going to be 4 degrees with a wind chill of -10 tonight in Buffalo. It’s just too bad this game couldn’t be played in Foxboro where it’s going to be a balmy 10 degrees with a -6 wind chill.

Reactions: HipKat and Jimbo
If the forecast holds, this will be the coldest postseason game in Patriots history. It will supplant 1/10/04 when the Titans-Pats divisional round game was 6 degrees and -7 at kickoff in Foxboro.

If the forecast holds, this will be the coldest postseason game in Patriots history. It will supplant 1/10/04 when the Titans-Pats divisional round game was 6 degrees and -7 at kickoff in Foxboro.
I was at number three of this (outdated) list. The Pats v Colts in '93, 19 degrees with a wind chill of just below zero. Friends just figured, lets go to a game, one of us is old enough to drive! And it was COLD! Heck... it was cold in the car! People getting up during half time just to get blood flowing to the feet. Oddly enough, I always shift those numbers lower and lower in my memory... by the time I'm 80, it'll be "it was 2 above absolute zero without the wind". The other thing to keep in mind is how damp the cold is in New England, by the Cape. 30 degrees is so much colder than 30 degrees is in the Midwest. In the Midwest, the cold stings the skin. Near the Cape, it goes right through your bones!

Patriots ran the ball a lot that game. Wanted to see a young Drew Bledsoe toss some passes. No one else was interested in that. :D

I think Buffalo was near zero that day. *looks it up* Their #2 cold day, 9 degrees, -28 wind chill.

The game tonight, current forecast is 5 to 8 degrees at kickoff. What genius puts a night game in Buffalo in January?! At least there won't be any snow. That is tomorrow.

Reactions: BillD1984
I was at number three of this (outdated) list. The Pats v Colts in '93, 19 degrees with a wind chill of just below zero. Friends just figured, lets go to a game, one of us is old enough to drive! And it was COLD! Heck... it was cold in the car! People getting up during half time just to get blood flowing to the feet. Oddly enough, I always shift those numbers lower and lower in my memory... by the time I'm 80, it'll be "it was 2 above absolute zero without the wind". The other thing to keep in mind is how damp the cold is in New England, by the Cape. 30 degrees is so much colder than 30 degrees is in the Midwest. In the Midwest, the cold stings the skin. Near the Cape, it goes right through your bones!

Patriots ran the ball a lot that game. Wanted to see a young Drew Bledsoe toss some passes. No one else was interested in that. :D

I think Buffalo was near zero that day. *looks it up* Their #2 cold day, 9 degrees, -28 wind chill.

The game tonight, current forecast is 5 to 8 degrees at kickoff. What genius puts a night game in Buffalo in January?! At least there won't be any snow. That is tomorrow.
Plenty of times I've been in weather were the cold goes right thru your bones in the midwest.
Working every day in the elements will do that to you ...
Not much difference when you have rain and snow that you go out into to do your job.

Next time you see that Lineman climbing the Edison pole out back or in the neighborhood, Thank him.
He'll work in the Heat as well as the frigid and wet weather ... he won't like it, but he'll be there.

I remember that game. I wasn’t there, but I remember how cold it was!! The coldest game I’ve ever been to was a December 1977 Dolphins vs. Patriots game when I was 11. I remember we got hot dogs at the concession stand and the mustard froze on the hot dog by the time we got back to our seat.

Reactions: Yespage
What was the temp at the Bengals game may years ago?....Was Ickey Woods playing then? Thought that was coldest of all times? Maybe daylight game?

Reactions: BillD1984
Patriots go into this postseason #1 postseason wins all time with 37 wins, however the Packers, Steelers and Cowboys could either tie or surpass them this postseason.

IMG_8064.JPG

Coldest game I went to was Bills vs Raiders playoff game.. WIndchill was -32. I think it's near the top of the list of coldest NFL games ever. It was miserable, even bundled up like we were. On a Pats forum, there's a lot of criticism of the city wanting a Domoe for the new stadium being planned but those people never sat in Orchard Park at night in the upper decks in December

Plenty of times I've been in weather were the cold goes right thru your bones in the midwest.
If it is cold enough, sure, but 30 in Illinois or Ohio is not as "cold" as Massachusetts. Heck, even New York feels warmer. "It is a dry cold" has valid meaning.
Working every day in the elements will do that to you ...
Not much difference when you have rain and snow that you go out into to do your job.
Depends on the job. I hate working in the rain when I need to record information. Snow you can deal with. Also 30 and snowing in the Midwest is better than 40 and raining.
Next time you see that Lineman climbing the Edison pole out back or in the neighborhood, Thank him.
He'll work in the Heat as well as the frigid and wet weather ... he won't like it, but he'll be there.
In general, I think it best not to distract people working near electric lines. I've also logged in the snow at 2 AM to 90+ degree heat with no shade (not at 2 AM), storm-water sampling in thunderstorms. I've done my time.

What was the temp at the Bengals game may years ago?....Was Ickey Woods playing then? Thought that was coldest of all times? Maybe daylight game?
Bengals vs. Chargers in 1981. -9F. The cold totally destroyed the Chargers' finesse game, and their best chance ever to win a Super Bowl.

Reactions: AZ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)