NFL 2022

This was a BAD trade for the Browns ...
As far as Watson, the QB, I like him, but I'm glad my Steelers didn't go that route ... (didn't really think they would, ) but him in Pittsburgh would have taken them OUT of the Rebuild they are now in.

• Haha
Reactions: madmadworld
Patriots trade N'Keal Harry to Chicago for a late round draft pick and a busted coffeemaker they think they can fix.

Top office in New England were talking up that coffeemaker, as the Patriots continue to deal with one of their largest weaknesses for the past several years. Being able to find people to throw the ball to. Even Brady was struggling. For 1.5 decades, the Pats were able to turn average receivers into gods. They couldn't draft a receiver with much luck. Edelmann, Branch... a gap and then Irving Fryer and Troy Brown, but managed free agency well enough.

That magic ended and while the Patriots are looking forward to mending that coffeemaker, Doug Jones... no wait... Dan Jones... no that isn't it... Mac Jones, yeah, Mac Jones needs people to throw to.

Patriots trade N'Keal Harry to Chicago for a late round draft pick and a busted coffeemaker they think they can fix.

Top office in New England were talking up that coffeemaker, as the Patriots continue to deal with one of their largest weaknesses for the past several years. Being able to find people to throw the ball to. Even Brady was struggling. For 1.5 decades, the Pats were able to turn average receivers into gods. They couldn't draft a receiver with much luck. Edelmann, Branch... a gap and then Irving Fryer and Troy Brown, but managed free agency well enough.

That magic ended and while the Patriots are looking forward to mending that coffeemaker, Doug Jones... no wait... Dan Jones... no that isn't it... Mac Jones, yeah, Mac Jones needs people to throw to.
So does Justin Fields.

Just can't get away from Tom Brady ....
Seems hes going down the Brett Favre retirement plan ....

He's already executed Step one ..... Retired and came back ( in Record Time mind you (40 days)) ....
Now he's pointing out that Next year, will maybe be his last, or maybe it won't BS.

• Haha
Reactions: AZ.
Just can't get away from Tom Brady ....
Seems hes going down the Brett Favre retirement plan ....

He's already executed Step one ..... Retired and came back ( in Record Time mind you (40 days)) ....
Now he's pointing out that Next year, will maybe be his last, or maybe it won't BS.

Someone will have to cut a check though for next year, right? Brady's endurance and quality are as legendary as his playoff record. But post-45... with nothing to prove, an NFL record book with his name near the top of 40% of them, and presumably wanting to keep his limbs intact?

Maybe he can join one of those fledgling football leagues and play till he is 51 or 52 like Gordie Howe.

Reactions: Jimbo
Hashed out my Raiders season tickets this weekend, going to see the Patriots twice (preseason and SNF) and the Chiefs this year, and might go see the Cardinals. Haven't ruled out a trip to LA to see Chiefs/Chargers, or week 1 check out the stadium in Arizona for Chiefs/Cardinals.

Reactions: BillD1984
Someone will have to cut a check though for next year, right? Brady's endurance and quality are as legendary as his playoff record. But post-45... with nothing to prove, an NFL record book with his name near the top of 40% of them, and presumably wanting to keep his limbs intact?

Maybe he can join one of those fledgling football leagues and play till he is 51 or 52 like Gordie Howe.
Look up George Blanda, that's the record Brady wants. :)

Hashed out my Raiders season tickets this weekend, going to see the Patriots twice (preseason and SNF) and the Chiefs this year, and might go see the Cardinals. Haven't ruled out a trip to LA to see Chiefs/Chargers, or week 1 check out the stadium in Arizona for Chiefs/Cardinals.

I so want to go to the Pats-Raiders game in Vegas, but unfortunately it being the week before Christmas is logistically impossible for me.

Pats coming to Cleveland, but I'm having a hard time justifying giving any money to the Haslam family. But on the other hand, I might be able to snag one of those Starlink Sats from the "cheap" seats.

• Haha
Are the NFL Rookies not pre determined for the money they will make in that 1st contract ?
I thought they were all slotted, so team knew what was going where ????

If thats the case, then NO one thats a rookie should miss any time holding out .

As a Rookie, why would you hold out ???

Are the NFL Rookies not pre determined for the money they will make in that 1st contract ?
I thought they were all slotted, so team knew what was going where ????

If thats the case, then NO one thats a rookie should miss any time holding out .

As a Rookie, why would you hold out ???

Value for the most part is slotted, but there is room to negotiate guarantees and offset language.

Waiting for the NFL to announce it is planning a Las Vegas super-extravaganza for the Deshaun Watson ruling. 3 hours of programming on ESPN to lead to the unveiling of the official ruling from the judge presiding over the case. A festival like atmosphere is expected in Las Vegas with parades, carnival, and speeches from some NFL greats like Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Vick, Ray Lewis, with the cornerstone speech by none other than OJ Simpson.

Depending on the success of that, the NFL and ESPN could consider a similar event to be held for The Appeal.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Jimbo and meStevo
Do yer homework!

article said:
More specifically, four hours. A time increment that's incredibly been slotted into Murray’s new deal, mandating that the star quarterback spend at least four hours per week in “Independent Study” during the regular season and playoffs. During that time, he must review “material provided to him by the Club in order to prepare for the Club’s next upcoming game.”

This is just a wordy way of saying Kyler Murray is now contractually obligated to do his homework. Which, as franchise quarterback deals go, is so unorthodox that not a single executive or coach reached by Yahoo Sports on Monday could recall ever even hearing of that kind of language inserted into such a high-profile deal, let alone having mandated something similar in their own negotiations.

The clause goes even further, noting examples of behavior that would invalidate the four hours of study time. In short: No studying while playing video games; no studying while watching television, etc. It all sounds like an oddly specific subset of behavior.
So, signed this guy for life and... you need to tell them to study? He is great enough to pay over $30 million guaranteed a year for five years... but you need to ensure he studies four hours a week? I've got to think Manning and Brady studied a lot more than four hours a week.

What I found peculiar wasn't that the clause existed in the contract, but someone leaked the clause. I mean, why would a team who has invested so much money in the contract for the player embarrass that player (this isn't Cleveland), and we know the player himself would almost certainly not leak such a detail. Err... unless the goal was to get it removed.

Metcalf signs for a bazillion billion dollars.
article said:
Seahawks’ WR DK Metcalf is signing a three-year, $72 million extension that includes $58.2 million guaranteed, per source. Deal includes $30 million signing bonus, the highest ever for a WR. Metcalf will be a free agent again at 27 years old.
Is there a TV deal coming up soon where Fox and CBS are trading in all their shares for broadcast rights? These high guaranteed payout signings are getting very common and I can only imagine they'd be sustainable if the Cap goes up appreciably.

Watson suspended for 6 games. Might appeal it, but I don't think they'll get that finished fast enough, and Watson might only improve a couple games. I think this sounds near appeal proof.

The impact will be interesting as the Patriots play the Browns on week 6. So maybe the ticket prices will drop some. I'm sure there are other issues too this could impact. The good news for the Browns is that Watson will be available to play more than not this year, due to this suspension that is. The bad news is Watson starts playing for the Browns in Cleveland on Halloween at night and he won't get the easy weather to play in. The next home game, November 27th where the weather becomes a coin toss.

The other good news is the Browns have a chance to make something happen this year, if their starter (of the coaching) for the first six weeks doesn't suck. Otherwise the Browns could be left waiting for next year before Watson even starts.