NFL 2022

This should be an interesting next round ...
Philly is playing well
San Fran is playing well
Cincy is playing well and
KC is playing (almost, depends on Mahomes) well.

The Chiefs have replaced the Pats at the top of the "I'm so sick of this team" list.
Not to lessen the fact by us having to play them A G A I N next year and as usual, IN KC........
I was wondering whether the Bengals were the new version of the 2001-2005 Patriots. Performing well in regular season and over performing in the playoffs. The Bills are the Colts right now.

YOU guys actually LISTEN to the announcers ?
I rarely do. In the regular season I usually watch the game at a place with Sunday Ticket and we turn the sound off for all the games. Even in the playoffs (one game at a time) we never turn the sound on. A couple of people use the apps where you can sync up with the TV and listen on airpods, but most of us just talk about the games amongst ourselves.

I do not understand all the announcer love/hate, nor the seven figures they get paid. The next game in any sport that I decide which of multiple options to watch because one guy is announcing a particular game will be the first. Now, yes, Joe Buck is a true know-nothing about all sports besides football, awful at baseball and truly clueless when Fox had golf, but even then, it never affected whether I watched or not. I don't care who the announcers are.

San Fran and Philly both look unbeatable right now, going to be a great game.

Cowboys really played better than I thought they would. I feel for Prescott. He's a class act with humility and a real team attitude. Unfortunately, the team's success relies heavily on him. He's always had a problem finding secondary receivers, especially under pressure. As long as the play goes at it is intended to the primary receiver, he does great and racks up the stats.

I don't feel for Jerry Jones. He sold the farm to secure Zeke and Dak and they ain't getting it done. Zeke is mediocre and Dak falls short against quality defenses.

I really like Purdy, he seems to be a natural. Anxious to see how he will proceed in coming years. Hope he's not a one hit wonder.

As far as announcers, I used to like Collinsworth until he got to the point of over hyping every team every week. I wish I had a dollar for every time he said "they may be the best offensive line in football" or something similar. I think now he just talks to hear himself talking.

Romo is knowledgeable, but his presentation has always grated on my ears. At first it was just his voice, now it seems like he is just rambling. Slow down Tony, enunciate, don't feel like you have to say something about everything. Let Jim Nance carry the conversation.

I never watch pre-game, half time, or post-game shows. I don't care what talking heads think. Let the play on the field do it's own talking. Unfortunately, during the game in order to keep up with some of the officiating and nuances of the game, it's almost necessary to keep the sound on. I don't know why the announcers feel the need to analyze every single movement on the field though. Some things are just self-explanatory and obvious.

Reactions: BillD1984 and AZ.
I was wondering whether the Bengals were the new version of the 2001-2005 Patriots. Performing well in regular season and over performing in the playoffs. The Bills are the Colts right now.
I hate to see my team lose in the playoffs when they started the season with so much expectation. Something happened in the second half of the game against Green Bay, where up to that point they looked unstoppable and since that point, they have looked very mediocre and confused.

When I watch Kansas City or Cincinnati, or Philadelphia, when they run their offense, it’s a machine. There is an expectation that the play is going to work because that’s how it’s designed and that’s how they approach the plays. Since that Green Bay game, Buffalo has looked like every play is frantic and they’re executing it in a panic, hoping that it’s going to be a successful play and that is how the second half of the season went and it’s how the playoffs went. Yesterday he just caught up to them.

Buffalo hast to do some serious, thinking about how to proceed. We still have the players to be a Super Bowl contender, but elevating a quarterback coach to offensive coordinator was a huge mistake. Dorsey does not have the creativity or the willingness to adapt that it takes to be a successful offensive coordinator.

Leslie Frazier has lead one of the league’s best defenses and I don’t know how because he is so married to the soft zone, nickel Defense, and yesterday was a perfect example of how it doesn’t work. You cannot run a zone defense against the best wide receivers in the game because they won’t exploit the soft coverage and use their speed and talent to pick up more yards after the catch. The few times that Buffalo played man, they were successful, but Fraser will not stick with it.

Josh Allen needs to spend another summer under the mentorship of Jordan Palmer. When he was drafted and his accuracy was questionable, it was spending two off-season’s with Jordan Palmer that corrected his foot work and his accuracy and it’s obvious that last year, he didn’t work with him again.

It’s too bad that Sean Payton will want a Brinks truck in his driveway to go anywhere because what he could do with this offense would be exactly what Buffalo needs to take the next step.

The other thing is that Buffalo has to stop drafting people on defense that are designed to sack the quarterback. Our secondary was terrible. Our offensive line was as bad as I’ve ever seen it and yesterday they were exposed. And while Buffalo insists on holding on to players like McKenzie and some others and not finding a running back who can smash through tackles is a big reason why our season is over.

I rarely do. In the regular season I usually watch the game at a place with Sunday Ticket and we turn the sound off for all the games. Even in the playoffs (one game at a time) we never turn the sound on. A couple of people use the apps where you can sync up with the TV and listen on airpods, but most of us just talk about the games amongst ourselves.

I do not understand all the announcer love/hate, nor the seven figures they get paid. The next game in any sport that I decide which of multiple options to watch because one guy is announcing a particular game will be the first. Now, yes, Joe Buck is a true know-nothing about all sports besides football, awful at baseball and truly clueless when Fox had golf, but even then, it never affected whether I watched or not. I don't care who the announcers are.
I don’t understand all the hate either. They all sound the same to me, really. Whether it’s Tony Romo, or Joe Buck and Troy Aikman or whoever, they all sound the same but there’s no way I can ever watch a game with the sound off, I have to have the announcers just calling the plays, but analyzing the game and updating people on everything that’s happening with the game.

When I first moved in Illinois, and before there was streaming at all the things that I’ve done to watch Bills games over the last few years, it was a fire I would go to that, had the NFL ticket and had all the games on but they would play the Chicago game over the house speakers, and all the other TVs. It would be turned down and it drove me crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: madmadworld
I hate to see my team lose in the playoffs when they started the season with so much expectation. Something happened in the second half of the game against Green Bay, where up to that point they looked unstoppable and since that point, they have looked very mediocre and confused.

When I watch Kansas City or Cincinnati, or Philadelphia, when they run their offense, it’s a machine. There is an expectation that the play is going to work because that’s how it’s designed and that’s how they approach the plays. Since that Green Bay game, Buffalo has looked like every play is frantic and they’re executing it in a panic, hoping that it’s going to be a successful play and that is how the second half of the season went and it’s how the playoffs went. Yesterday he just caught up to them.

Buffalo hast to do some serious, thinking about how to proceed. We still have the players to be a Super Bowl contender, but elevating a quarterback coach to offensive coordinator was a huge mistake. Dorsey does not have the creativity or the willingness to adapt that it takes to be a successful offensive coordinator.

Leslie Frazier has lead one of the league’s best defenses and I don’t know how because he is so married to the soft zone, nickel Defense, and yesterday was a perfect example of how it doesn’t work. You cannot run a zone defense against the best wide receivers in the game because they won’t exploit the soft coverage and use their speed and talent to pick up more yards after the catch. The few times that Buffalo played man, they were successful, but Fraser will not stick with it.

Josh Allen needs to spend another summer under the mentorship of Jordan Palmer. When he was drafted and his accuracy was questionable, it was spending two off-season’s with Jordan Palmer that corrected his foot work and his accuracy and it’s obvious that last year, he didn’t work with him again.

It’s too bad that Sean Payton will want a Brinks truck in his driveway to go anywhere because what he could do with this offense would be exactly what Buffalo needs to take the next step.

The other thing is that Buffalo has to stop drafting people on defense that are designed to sack the quarterback. Our secondary was terrible. Our offensive line was as bad as I’ve ever seen it and yesterday they were exposed. And while Buffalo insists on holding on to players like McKenzie and some others and not finding a running back who can smash through tackles is a big reason why our season is over.

I feel like offensive line play has been a problem on a lot of teams this year. The other thing with the Bills that I noticed- it seems like when Von Miller went down they went from a great team to a very good team. I honestly don’t know if there is a direct correlation there, but that’s what it seemed to me from afar. One thing I know for sure is your QB is great and in today’s NFL that means a LOT. The Bills will be a force as long as Josh Allen stays upright.

How are they Over Performing ?
By beating the team that is supposed to go to the Super Bowl... much like the Pats and the Colts. Their over under on wins in 2022 was 9.5, after going to the Super Bowl. And they are in the AFC Championship game.... again.

The Patriots were always disrespected in the playoffs in the early portion of the dynasty. They generally made things work in the playoffs and executed very well. After they wont the third, people were like "of course they are a dynasty", but they weren't getting selected to be the team running into the playoffs. Once 2006 or 2007 rolled in, the Patriots were considered a giant. And currently the Bengals have that "giant" that isn't considered a giant yet feel.