NFL 2022

I wanted the Chiefs to win that more because of the rhetoric from the Bengals than for the Super Bowl berth, lol. What a hard fought victory too, going to be an annual thing for a while it looks like.

I was struggling with vertigo all day otherwise, this was the lone bright spot to the day. Happy for the Kelces.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

As long as Mahomes is there, the Chiefs will be in the mix every year. What a special talent he is! That TD pass to Valdez-Scantling was a pass that ,IMO only Mahomes can make.

Sorry about the vertigo. I get it a lot since being diagnosed with MS. It truly sucks!!

Considering Mahomes bad ankle and the way he was limping around I am stupified that Cincy didn't blitz the crap out of him and make him run around on it, at least early on. Could have been a whole different game in the second half on a really sore ankle. I think sometimes coaches outsmart themselves. It looked like Cincy game planned for a healthy Mahomes rather than a gimpy one.

Reactions: AZ.
As long as Mahomes is there, the Chiefs will be in the mix every year. What a special talent he is! That TD pass to Valdez-Scantling was a pass that ,IMO only Mahomes can make.

Sorry about the vertigo. I get it a lot since being diagnosed with MS. It truly sucks!!

MVS said he was the last read on that play too, didn't expect to see the ball.

Really by the end all the Bengals had to do was take away Kelce, practically everyone else was hurt. That they lost contain on a compromised QB is wild. Hate to see it end after a penalty like that, but Chiefs have been there (Dee Ford) and Butker has missed more kicks than usual this year, fortunately he was solid last night.

Managing the vertigo today, still there + a headache probably from a day w/out eating. Tried to do Epley yesterday and ended up throwing up, so probably just leave it to the pros and go see a doc this evening.

Reactions: BillD1984
E4E2E925-6E24-4549-844F-398977DCEAB1.jpeg

Yes, there was some bad calls in the Bengals-Chiefs game (I’m still trying to figure out WTF that third down do over was all about), but I also point to some very questionable play calling by the Bengals in the 4th quarter. The Bengals had the ball deep in their own territory with about 8 minutes left in the game. On that drive they were suddenly running the ball very effectively. They had a 2nd and 3 from about their own 40 and what do they do? They call back to back deep balls. I just didn’t understand that at all.

Reactions: AZ.
'Optics bad, but this game was called mostly well'

First off can you just explain what the ruling was that led to the replayed third down?
On the previous play, there was an incomplete pass. We spotted the ball, but the line judge came in and re-spotted the ball because the spot was off. We reset the play clock and the game clock started running. It should not have started running because there was an incomplete pass on the previous play. The field judge noticed that the game clock was running. He was coming in to shut the play down so that we could get the clock fixed but nobody heard him, and the play was run. After the play was over, he came in and we discussed that he was trying to shut the play down before the ball had been snapped. So, we reset the game clock back to where it was before that snap and replayed third down.​
What are the normal protocols when a play can’t get stopped in time and the play does get off, especially if it appeared that it did not affect the play?
If we were trying to shut down the play and we couldn't, we would shut it down and go back and replay the down.​

Reactions: Foxbat

Valdez-Scantling was the Unsung Star of That game ....

Yes, there was some bad calls in the Bengals-Chiefs game (I’m still trying to figure out WTF that third down do over was all about), but I also point to some very questionable play calling by the Bengals in the 4th quarter. The Bengals had the ball deep in their own territory with about 8 minutes left in the game. On that drive they were suddenly running the ball very effectively. They had a 2nd and 3 from about their own 40 and what do they do? They call back to back deep balls. I just didn’t understand that at all.
And Neither went to Chase. :confused:

Not that it would have had any bearing on the outcome, but this game is the perfect example of why teams should be allowed to carry a #3 emergency QB.
Are you saying that there is a rule prohibiting teams from carrying a third QB? I thought they could carry 20 QB's if they wanted to. No different than teams who run short of cornerbacks or offensive linemen or any other position. It happens pretty often during the season. Teams do what they think they need to in preparation.

I was pulling for the 49'ers big time, sure wanted them to win. Stuff happens.

Valdez-Scantling was the Unsung Star of That game ....

Especially when you consider Smith-Schuster, Hardman and Toney all went down during the game. On the flip side, Boyd was a big loss for the Bengals. They missed him in the slot.

Reactions: Jimbo
Are you saying that there is a rule prohibiting teams from carrying a third QB? I thought they could carry 20 QB's if they wanted to. No different than teams who run short of cornerbacks or offensive linemen or any other position. It happens pretty often during the season. Teams do what they think they need to in preparation.

I was pulling for the 49'ers big time, sure wanted them to win. Stuff happens.

My bad, I should have phrased that better. I meant that teams should be allowed to carry 3 QB’s on game day without it counting against their roster. The stipulation being that you can’t use that roster spot for a CB, OL, LB, etc.

I think at that point, you've already gotten the sludge at the bottom of the barrel. Adding another QB at that point, would be selecting whatever insects are living underneath it. IE, sure, you've got another QB, but you are going to lose.

My bad, I should have phrased that better. I meant that teams should be allowed to carry 3 QB’s on game day without it counting against their roster. The stipulation being that you can’t use that roster spot for a CB, OL, LB, etc.
I kinda recall a 3rd QB dressed, ready when needed in the past. QB 1 & 2 were ruled out for rest of game etc not counted in the 45 gameday players. is it still 45 ? lol
yes I'm right

Reactions: BillD1984
Brock Purdy tore his UCL during Sunday’s game. Recovery time anywhere from 6-9 months. With Trey Lance coming off a serious injury himself and Jimmy Garoppolo more than likely signing elsewhere, maybe it’s not too far fetched that Brady ends up signing with the 49ers.

Came across this article about changes to NFL's broadcast/scheduling/availability next year.

Notable changes include Sunday Ticket to Youtube, flex scheduling on MNF, and a few streaming-exclusive games on ESPN+, Peacock and Prime (TNF and Black Friday)

Think the only change I'm not a fan of is there are 3 MNF double headers next year.