NFL Audio Sync

mraudit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Omaha, NE
Is anyone out there noticing that the Audio does not match the video on the NFL Channel HD? This is very annoying and I cannot find it on any other channel. Any way to fix it, or am I just stuck???

I've had similar problems in HD in general also, not just with NFL. On my received (622), there is a setup option to sync the sound with picture for either HD or SD. I picked HD option and it seemed to work.

This is a known issue with most transmissions, since the sound is sent along landlines then transmitted to the satellites and then received by us. Landline transmission is always delayed by a few milliseconds (cheaper because of low bandwith requirements) and after all the repeaters it had to go through, the delay adds up to be noticable at the receiver end.

Sometimes I get almost .25 seconds of audio delay. It looks funny because the persons lip stopped moving and the sound is still coming from them.

I've had similar problems in HD in general also, not just with NFL. On my received (622), there is a setup option to sync the sound with picture for either HD or SD. I picked HD option and it seemed to work.

This is a known issue with most transmissions, since the sound is sent along landlines then transmitted to the satellites and then received by us. Landline transmission is always delayed by a few milliseconds (cheaper because of low bandwith requirements) and after all the repeaters it had to go through, the delay adds up to be noticable at the receiver end.

Sometimes I get almost .25 seconds of audio delay. It looks funny because the persons lip stopped moving and the sound is still coming from them.

It's not funny at all at $130/mo!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts