NFL Broadcast Policies

Will94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
USA
I have a 94 year old grandfather who has been a loyal Cowboys fan since 1960. My sister and I had to put him into an assisted living facility in January. We moved him from our hometown of Beaumont to suburban Houston so that he is just a few miles from my sister.

He has been going nuts this NFL preseason because the Cowboys games haven't been on TV. They aren't even available on radio in Houston. This is to "protect" the Texans. I looked through their schedule, and there are three times this season that Fox in Houston won't be allowed to air a game in their time slot because they can't put a game up against the Texans.

This is garbage. There are a ton of Cowboy fans in Houston. In the years between the Oilers and Texans, a 100,000 watt FM station carried Cowboy games and got very good ratings. There aren't many things in life that my grandfather still enjoys, but the Cowboys are one of them. I had considered driving him up here tomorrow night for their last preseason game, but he requires skilled nursing. My sister is going to take a laptop to his room and go through their radio stations one by one to see if any stream the game.

I have a 94 year old grandfather who has been a loyal Cowboys fan since 1960. My sister and I had to put him into an assisted living facility in January. We moved him from our hometown of Beaumont to suburban Houston so that he is just a few miles from my sister.

He has been going nuts this NFL preseason because the Cowboys games haven't been on TV. They aren't even available on radio in Houston. This is to "protect" the Texans. I looked through their schedule, and there are three times this season that Fox in Houston won't be allowed to air a game in their time slot because they can't put a game up against the Texans.

This is garbage. There are a ton of Cowboy fans in Houston. In the years between the Oilers and Texans, a 100,000 watt FM station carried Cowboy games and got very good ratings. There aren't many things in life that my grandfather still enjoys, but the Cowboys are one of them. I had considered driving him up here tomorrow night for their last preseason game, but he requires skilled nursing. My sister is going to take a laptop to his room and go through their radio stations one by one to see if any stream the game.

If streaming from a local site doesn't work, you may want to look into subscribing to Sirius for your Grandpa. They broadcast EVERY NFL game with the home and away broadcasts.

FS Southwest has been reairing the Cowboys preseason games the day after they are played. Don't know if this includes the Houston area or not. For the regular season try justintv on the internet. It's the next best thing to DirecTV. People stream games live, and the NFL broadcast nazis can't do anything about it.

FS Southwest has been reairing the Cowboys preseason games the day after they are played. Don't know if this includes the Houston area or not. For the regular season try justintv on the internet. It's the next best thing to DirecTV. People stream games live, and the NFL broadcast nazis can't do anything about it.

Actually some of the preseason games were DMCA'd (or JustinTV removed them themselves), so I suspect the NFL will be a little more on top of that this year.

Thanks guys. I had never heard of justintv. I was going to check channelsurfing.net. I've got a video capture card on my PC and our local Fox affiliate shows Cowboys preseason games. How difficult would it be to stream to my sister? I have DSL, and my upload speed is 768 Kbps. Would that produce a decent picture?

On the positive side, almost all regular season Dallas games are on TV in Houston

Last year only one game wasnt...week 7
Dallas on at noon on Fox
Houston on at 3 on Fox (played NFC team)
Fox only could show one game

From Dallas website here are the radio affiliates...DOnt see Houston proper but maybe a nearby station

TEXAS:
Abilene - KHXS 102.7 FM
Alpine - KVLF 1240 AM
Amarillo - KARX 95.7 FM
Andrews - KNFM 92.3 FM
Atlanta, TX - KPYN 1400 AM
Austin - KVET 1300 AM
Big Spring - KBST 95.7 FM
Brownsville - KQXX 105.5 FM
Brownwood - KXYL 96.9 FM
Bryan - KNFX 99.5 FM
Carthage - KGAS 104.3 FM
Childress - KCTX 96.1 FM
College Station - KNFX 99.5 FM
Comanche - KCOM 1550 AM
Corpus Christi - KKTX 1360 AM
El Paso - KROD 600 AM
Gonzales - KCTI 1450 AM
Haskell - KVRP 91.7 FM
Hereford - KPAN 860 AM
Kermit - KPTX 98.3 FM
Killeen - KLTD 101.7 FM
Lamesa - KPET 690 AM
Laredo - KHOY 88.1 FM
Lubbock - KJTV 950 FM
Lufkin - KJCS 103.3 FM
Malakoff - KCKL 95.9 FM
Marshall - KMHT 103.9
McAllen - KQXX 105.5 FM
Midland - KNFM 92.3 FM
Mineral Wells/FW - KFWR 95.9 FM
Monahans - KPTX 98.3 FM
Mt. Pleasant - KALK 97.7 FM
Odessa - KNFM 92.3 FM
Overton - KPXI 100.7
Palestine, TX - KNET 1450 AM
Paris - KBUS 101.9 FM
Pecos - KPTX 98.3 FM
Plainview - KVOP 1090 AM
San Angelo - KGKL 960 AM/97.5 FM
Stanton - KNFM 92.3 FM
Stephenville - KSTV 93.1 FM
Temple - KLTD 101.7 FM
Tyler - KTBB 600 AM
Waco - KBRQ 102.5 FM
Weatherford - KYQX 89.5 FM
Wichita Falls - KYYI 94.9 FM

NCAA Football 2009-10 PreSeason

Sept 27th Sunday Night Baseball Time Change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)