NFL coaches that are out the DOOR!!

Coaching has a bigger impact in some sports more than others.

In the NFL, coaching matters more than any of the other sports. Probably because it's a game of great strategy and there's more players on a roster than the other 3 major sports.

The Bengals would be a mess without a Marvin Lewis type of coach. The Chiefs are awful because of horrible drafts for many years by Carl Peterson. I think there's only 1 person left on the team from the 2007 draft, Dwayne Bowe. 2 players left from the 2006 draft (Hali, Croyle). It's much more than poor coaching, coaches are only as good as the players they have, but they also need to have the players that fit the schemes they implement, and the coaches need to be able to identify and cultivate potential. Wes Welker was ok in his stints on other teams. He was fantastic on the Patriots because he was put in a position to be fantastic. Joe Horn was ok in Kansas City, he was fantastic in New Orleans.

Coaching has a bigger impact in some sports more than others.

In the NFL, coaching matters more than any of the other sports. Probably because it's a game of great strategy and there's more players on a roster than the other 3 major sports.

The coaches can draw all the plans they want....but if the player is not good enough to execute the plan. Then the plan was useless. I only say it because when then players do not execute good plans....who is the 1st to be fired....not the player....WAY too much money invested there.

...team sports, ESPECIALLY the NFL, is the king of what have you done for me lately....:(

Pats have fired their DC (edit: he stepped down, was not fired)

Chiefs officially introduced Romeo today.

Cable and Davis finally meeting today. It's been reported that Davis has been meeting repeatedly with the Raiders general counsel which is what put off this meeting with Cable. This is leading to a lot of speculation that he's going to do a Kiffin-like firing of Cable by doing it with cause and not paying him the rest of his salary. Schefter reported that latest word is that Cable will be fired along with a number of position coaches.

KNBR reported that Cable sticking around will depend on his willingness to work with JaMarcus Russell.

Pats have fired their DC (edit: he stepped down, was not fired)

Chiefs officially introduced Romeo today.

Cable and Davis finally meeting today. It's been reported that Davis has been meeting repeatedly with the Raiders general counsel which is what put off this meeting with Cable. This is leading to a lot of speculation that he's going to do a Kiffin-like firing of Cable by doing it with cause and not paying him the rest of his salary. Schefter reported that latest word is that Cable will be fired along with a number of position coaches.

KNBR reported that Cable sticking around will depend on his willingness to work with JaMarcus Russell.

Man, makes you wonder why people wish the old man would just hurry up and die.....

He was there as multiple HCs came and went, is a fiery passionate guy and one of the few things I liked about the Cleveland Browns.

All that being said, I'd rather he not coach the Raiders ;)

I was surprised he left, for being that as long as he was I thought he was an Al Davis guy.

Tuesday could be key date for Cable

Tom Cable may not have to twist in the wind much longer.

ESPN's Adam Schefter points out that the NFL calendar may give us an answer to Al Davis' intentions. Teams must inform their assistant coaches whether they will be retained by the third Tuesday after the end of the regular season.

Davis is expected to make numerous changes to his assistant coaches Tuesday. Cable is expected to learn his fate by then, as well.

One bad sign for Cable: Schefter says Davis has already started to contact potential head coaching replacements. We already know one guy who is interested.

Tuesday could be key date for Cable | ProFootballTalk.com

Tom Cable may not have to twist in the wind much longer.

ESPN's Adam Schefter points out that the NFL calendar may give us an answer to Al Davis' intentions. Teams must inform their assistant coaches whether they will be retained by the third Tuesday after the end of the regular season.

Davis is expected to make numerous changes to his assistant coaches Tuesday. Cable is expected to learn his fate by then, as well.

One bad sign for Cable: Schefter says Davis has already started to contact potential head coaching replacements. We already know one guy who is interested.

Tuesday could be key date for Cable | ProFootballTalk.com

The simple possibility of even considering to would be a disaster. That guy cannot coach a defense and they think he can coach a whole team??!! Really?! Seriously?!

Attachments

• Rivers.jpg
    Rivers.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 67

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)