NFL draft

boston area dtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2005
Boston
With the draft coming up this weekend I just wanted to wish all of the also rans out there a nice weekend.

Lets face it the 2007 NFL season should be called the New England Patriot invitational.

The Pats are in a word "loaded". They beefed up the WR core and added Adaleus Thomas on Def.

The draft for the Patriots this week is a luxury, while those other cupcake franchises need it to come up with a roster.

So now that we all know that the Pats will win the Super Bowl and the rest of the league is playing for second, who is the second best team in the NFL?

Look its great to be from Boston we have the Sox to watch all year. I started this thread for the people in Pitt, Indy, Cincy, Buffalo, Jacksonville. Some of you guys dont have MLB teams to root for and the the others (Pitt and Cincy) you know your seasons are over all ready.

Actually this thread is already moot. The Pats ended your football seasons too!

I look forward to Matt Millen's annual draft day screw up (although Ernie Sims and Roy Williams were good picks, but can you say Charles Rogers, Joey Harrington and Mike Williams...ugh).

Anyhow, watch Mr. 26-76 screw this draft up too.

One playoff win in 50 years.

GO LIONS!!!

With the draft coming up this weekend I just wanted to wish all of the also rans out there a nice weekend.

Lets face it the 2007 NFL season should be called the New England Patriot invitational.

The Pats are in a word "loaded". They beefed up the WR core and added Adaleus Thomas on Def.

The draft for the Patriots this week is a luxury, while those other cupcake franchises need it to come up with a roster.

So now that we all know that the Pats will win the Super Bowl and the rest of the league is playing for second, who is the second best team in the NFL?

Look its great to be from Boston we have the Sox to watch all year. I started this thread for the people in Pitt, Indy, Cincy, Buffalo, Jacksonville. Some of you guys dont have MLB teams to root for and the the others (Pitt and Cincy) you know your seasons are over all ready.

Actually this thread is already moot. The Pats ended your football seasons too!

i was looking for a tounge in your cheek but could not find it. did i miss it, or, are you serious?

Lions will take Calvin Johnson! Put a WR after the name and Millen is all over it.

*sigh* so true I believe.

It's hard being a lions fan, but at least I have the Wings. I don't care too much on the Pistons and Tigers. I used to love baseball, but I can't stand it now.

i was looking for a tounge in your cheek but could not find it. did i miss it, or, are you serious?

Absolutely.

Game Set Match...the season is over already. The only team that can beat the Pats is the Pats. If Brady gets injured then they might be in trouble. I say might because the last time they won the Super Bowl they had a WR playing at DB and they beat both the Colts and the Eagles to do it.

San Diego...New Coaches present a learning curve for a young QB. They wont be as good as they were last year.

The Colts have been stripped in Free Agency

Pittsburgh is a mess.

The Jets with Mangenius will always be a runner up.

KC put the franchise in the hands of a back up QB and LJ is getting older.

Cincy is lucky to be able to field a team each week. You never know who is gonna end up in jail after a Friday or Saturday night of partying.

Denver..Jay Cutler will not solve Belicheck.

Jacksonville? overrated every year. Pats have shown hey handle the Jags quite easily.

The season is over.

*sigh* so true I believe.

It's hard being a lions fan, but at least I have the Wings. I don't care too much on the Pistons and Tigers. I used to love baseball, but I can't stand it now.

"Hard being a LIONS FAN"??!!!:eek: Try being a Raider fan....HELLO???!! 2-14...again TWO and FOURTEEN!!!...LOL I heard from my sources(still have my old media ties from doing sport TV in the midwest), that Al Davis WANTS JaMarcus Russell, the Scouting Team wants Calvin Johnson and Coach Kiffin wants Rick Mirer clone, Brady Quinn...if THAT is not a recipe for disaster, I don't know WHAT is......:confused: Then there is another heavy rumor, and you Lions fans will REALLY hate this one....Randy Moss AND the Raiders #2(#33 overall) for YOUR #1 pick(2nd overall ) so they would draft BOTH Calvin Johnson and/or JaMarcus Russell/Brady Quinn.....since SUPPOSEDLY the Lion will take the QB from Stanford, Trent Edwards at #33.

IMO the Raiders need to move down a bit. Take the O lineman from Wisconsin. Try to stock pile picks in the draft. Draft as much talent on the offensive and defensive lines as possible.

I just dont see Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russell coming in and doing much.

As much as Baseball is pitching pitching pitching, Football is all about being able to run the ball and stopping the run.

IMO the Raiders need to move down a bit. Take the O lineman from Wisconsin. Try to stock pile picks in the draft. Draft as much talent on the offensive and defensive lines as possible.

I just dont see Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russell coming in and doing much.

As much as Baseball is pitching pitching pitching, Football is all about being able to run the ball and stopping the run.

They have 7 picks in the draft and 3 in day one. Trading down, unless they get 2 #1s or 2 #2s will not do much. Theit defense have been decent to good in the last few season, but their offense has been WAY BEYOND woeful...and Andrew Walter at QB is NOT the answer.

"Hard being a LIONS FAN"??!!!:eek: Try being a Raider fan....HELLO???!! 2-14...again TWO and FOURTEEN!!!...LOL I heard from my sources(still have my old media ties from doing sport TV in the midwest), that Al Davis WANTS JaMarcus Russell, the Scouting Team wants Calvin Johnson and Coach Kiffin wants Rick Mirer clone, Brady Quinn...if THAT is not a recipe for disaster, I don't know WHAT is......:confused: Then there is another heavy rumor, and you Lions fans will REALLY hate this one....Randy Moss AND the Raiders #2(#33 overall) for YOUR #1 pick(2nd overall ) so they would draft BOTH Calvin Johnson and/or JaMarcus Russell/Brady Quinn.....since SUPPOSEDLY the Lion will take the QB from Stanford, Trent Edwards at #33.

Even Millen isn't that stupid. I expect that the Lions will draft Johnson and trade his rights, if not it wont be that hard to live with Johnson. Massive needs across the whole team though dictate them probabily trading him draft day.

With the third pick in the 2007 draft the Cleveland Browns select Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech....

...wait... The New England Patriots have traded their 24th overall, 28th overall and 2nd Round pick to the Cleveland Browns for the rights to Calvin Johnson!

Everyone wins!!!

Absolutely.

Game Set Match...the season is over already. The only team that can beat the Pats is the Pats. If Brady gets injured then they might be in trouble. I say might because the last time they won the Super Bowl they had a WR playing at DB and they beat both the Colts and the Eagles to do it.

San Diego...New Coaches present a learning curve for a young QB. They wont be as good as they were last year.

Pittsburgh is a mess.

Cincy is lucky to be able to field a team each week. You never know who is gonna end up in jail after a Friday or Saturday night of partying.

Jacksonville? overrated every year. Pats have shown hey handle the Jags quite easily.

The season is over.

Don't count the Steelers out yet.

With the third pick in the 2007 draft the Cleveland Browns select Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech....

...wait... The New England Patriots have traded their 24th overall, 28th overall and 2nd Round pick to the Cleveland Browns for the rights to Calvin Johnson!

Everyone wins!!!

I know Belichek likes Crennel but the Pats have already tossed money at the WR position.

Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, and Kelly Washington have all been signed in the off season.

I wouldnt hold your breath on the Pats trading up that high.

The Pats need to address the Def and adding and extra o lineman never hurts.
While the linebackers are solid here they are getting old and a linebacker or two wouldnt hurt.

As for the Secondary..I dont think a team used more players in the secondary thant the pats the last few years.

They need a Safety to replace Rodney Harrison who has one year left on his contract and corner help. I dont see the Pats making Assante Samuel happy next year so they will probably end up losing him.

The Browns should have given up more and taken Trent Green from KC. All of a sudden the Browns backfield would have had Jamal Lewis and Green on Offense with Winslow. That would be a big improvement in my mind.

As for the Raiders, Walters sucked. But you coulda had Brady or Manning behind center and they woulda sucked. That offensive line was so bad they shoulda asked the opponents to count mississippi's before rushing the QB.

While every team needs a good QB and a solid Oline, I think you need the line first. Houston took the QB and never had the line and Carr took a beating.

Detroit took the QB and the WR and the WR and the WR and never built the line.

Without Steve Hutchinson the 'Hawks werent nearly as good.

Absolutely.

Pittsburgh is a mess.

The season is over.

amazing!

Then there is another heavy rumor, and you Lions fans will REALLY hate this one....Randy Moss AND the Raiders #2(#33 overall) for YOUR #1 pick(2nd overall ) so they would draft BOTH Calvin Johnson and/or JaMarcus Russell/Brady Quinn.....since SUPPOSEDLY the Lion will take the QB from Stanford, Trent Edwards at #33.

There is no way in hell the Lions will trade the 1st round pick (2nd pick over all) for Randy Moss and a 2nd round pick. Not even Matt Millen is that damn stupid.

Randy Moss is maybe worth a 3rd round pick, and that is generous.

no actually, the last i heard was the lions might draft johnson and then trade him to the chucky's for josh mccown and the bucs pick!!

There is no way in hell the Lions will trade the 1st round pick (2nd pick over all) for Randy Moss and a 2nd round pick. Not even Matt Millen is that damn stupid.

Didn't they say "NO WAY HE WILL....." and they drafted WR 3 drafts in a row??:rolleyes:

Didn't you see post #10? Now there are rumors that Oakland is interested in Mike Williams and Josh McCown. I'll give you both for Randy Moss. (Of course I'm not the Lions GM, but I couldn't do a worse job than MIllen).

DETROIT LIONS - - - REBUILDING SINCE 1957!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)