NFL games in China? It could happen by 2018, according to report

Bad how? I watched those games from the comfort of my living room and guess what? They looked just like games played here in the U.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The time to fly over there and have to deal with jet lag and just everything involved with travel for NFL teams and their families. I know they get paid a lot, but for us to watch them most of the time I would have to miss church due to the time difference. It looks like the Redskins are going to be over there twice this year which is not fair at all.

Reactions: Jimbo
The time to fly over there and have to deal with jet lag and just everything involved with travel for NFL teams and their families. I know they get paid a lot, but for us to watch them most of the time I would have to miss church due to the time difference. It looks like the Redskins are going to be over there twice this year which is not fair at all.
That's interesting, hadn't read that. I love the early games. Would have hated it before I became a parent. Several years later im up in time for that game every Sunday, at least until the kids are old enough to learn how to sleep in, the savages.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My church has different times for services, Saturday too.

As for the Redskins, there was a chance that they could have played consecutive weeks in London, but it was determined by the 2015 NFC East standings so the Giants get it instead.....

Game 1: 2nd October 2016 – Wembley Stadium
Indianapolis Colts v Jacksonville Jaguars | (SOLD OUT)

Game 2: 23nd October 2016 – Twickenham Stadium
New York Giants v Los Angeles Rams | (SOLD OUT)

Game 3: 30nd October 2016 – Wembley Stadium
Washington Redskins v Cincinnati Bengals | (SOLD OUT)

They reportedly have teams volunteering. The NFL , Goodell, and the teams are the same thing in this case... BTW.

From what I've read the 2008 China game was cancelled to focus on London. Surely the economy had a hand in it also.

What do you know of the NFL's popularity in China, since you state a fact about it?

Well, seeing they try to go across the seas every year and play a game and seeing it's 1 game, all the hoopla is there for that one game.
Do you really think they would come to see them games if there was a full season ?

My church has different times for services, Saturday too.

As for the Redskins, there was a chance that they could have played consecutive weeks in London, but it was determined by the 2015 NFC East standings so the Giants get it instead.....

Game 1: 2nd October 2016 – Wembley Stadium
Indianapolis Colts v Jacksonville Jaguars | (SOLD OUT)

Game 2: 23nd October 2016 – Twickenham Stadium
New York Giants v Los Angeles Rams | (SOLD OUT)

Game 3: 30nd October 2016 – Wembley Stadium
Washington Redskins v Cincinnati Bengals | (SOLD OUT)
Hmmm, I don't see the Patriots over there, or the Broncos, or any of the TOP teams every year ...
At least I hope they don't.

Yeah, pretend you aren't interested, lol.

It's never been more popular, all about continuing to expand the audience.

Then have 2 separate leagues and then have the winners meet in the Super Bowl?

Yeah, pretend you aren't interested, lol.

It's never been more popular, all about continuing to expand the audience.

Expanding the audience across the seas ?
Do you really think that thousands and thousands of people over there are watching the NFL weekly when over here ?
The only reason they are interested when we come over there is because its a novelty.

Expanding the audience across the seas ?
Do you really think that thousands and thousands of people over there are watching the NFL weekly when over here ?
The only reason they are interested when we come over there is because its a novelty.
You're entitled to your opinion but you're not entitled to your own facts. Twice now in this thread you've stated it's not popular in China, prove it or move on.

Or nonsensically double down again like you did on the Goodell rule change discussion I guess.

Reactions: cosmo_kramer
You're entitled to your opinion but you're not entitled to your own facts. Twice now in this thread you've stated it's not popular in China, prove it or move on.

Or nonsensically double down again like you did on the Goodell rule change discussion I guess.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk[/Q

Nothing there says that the NFL is popular enough to draw fans for more than a game or two.

I bet they wouldn't draw 15,000 avg if they were there on a regular basis.

Fwiw, your entitled to your opinion as well, i don't see fact on your statements either.

Last edited by a moderator:
The report says 13.3 percent of Russians are fans of the NFL, with a growth of 5.3 percent in the past year leading to a total of 10.38 million fans.

Just because they think they might have guestimate numbers, this does in no way project that they will fill stands week in and week out.

I hope the NFL does put teams over there, it would be a scheduling nightmare and then finally they can fall on thier asses and finally stop with the stupid idea that they can support a world wide league.

The report says 13.3 percent of Russians are fans of the NFL, with a growth of 5.3 percent in the past year leading to a total of 10.38 million fans.

Just because they think they might have guestimate numbers, this does in no way project that they will fill stands week in and week out.

I hope the NFL does put teams over there, it would be a scheduling nightmare and then finally they can fall on thier asses and finally stop with the stupid idea that they can support a world wide league.

Who said anything about filling stands in Russia week in and week out? There's talk about doing one game... in China... in 2 years. You're inflating one side of the argument to try and make a reasonable counter argument that even still holds no water.

What have I stated factually that you'd wish me to back up? I've asked you multiple times to source your statement of fact about the popularity of the NFL in China, you've yet to post anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: cosmo_kramer

Guesstimate? If you bothered to read the article I posted (that took me 10 seconds to find with a Google search) you would see that the report was produced by a "leading sports marketing research company". Hardly a guesstimate.

When you can produce similar supporting information for your "position ", I'll take a look at it.

Reactions: meStevo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts