(NFL) More Low LIFE SCUM OF THE EARTH!!

I DO recall Ricky Williams being called a thug! You do not live in this market and he was called a thug, a quitter and a bunch of OTHER things.
Wow i have searched the Sports forums and yea!! A lot of players have been called THUGS!! Some that never got in trouble just want a new contract or celebrated!? I guess a repeat COKE addict like this one is harmless and just needs help..LOL Some school's have been called thugs!! How ignorant can this be!!? Now some of the same people who have called others THUGS have change there point of views now!!?? Not all are thugs? If they go to the "U" THUGS? If they get shot by kids who robbed them.. They are all thugs and you can't take the Ghetto out of them!? Hum?:confused: Again people made such a stink and made sooo much fun of Ricky and other players, but now we need to get this poor innocent person help!? LMAO!! Yea right!

The thing with Jones is he was just put in the Pre-trial diversion program this past December from his July arrest.

You can debate the original circumstance's, was he using? was he just in the car with someone who had some? or was he holding it for a freind? and whether or not placement in the diversion program and game suspension was appropriate.

It really is unbelievable that it's only March, 4 months later and he's back in the slammer on related charges. The new ones apparently also involve drinking alchohol during a golf outing which is in violation of the diversion program and probation terms.

All he had to do was attend his counseling sessions, keep his nose clean ;) not drink, and not be associated with those who do and he would have been all set.

Thug? not yet, Stupid, Irresponsible, Immature, For sure. Violating the terms earns you stay at the cross bar hotel. Not sympathy because he's a misunderstood athelete.

...IF he had been black, would we be calling him an addict or a thug? I mean I have seen where many times, when a black athlete does ANYTHING bad/illegal...INSTANTLY...he is a thug. When a white athlete does something just as bad, he is not a thug....
Why do you feel the need to bring race into another discussion??

The man has a problem, he screwed up, and will now pay the price for it.

"The only issue today is that Matt admitted to the court that he drank a couple of beers while playing golf last week with a friend. I had a very positive conversation with the prosecuting attorney this evening in which she was adamant that 'this is not a new charge.'"

Jones tested positive for alcohol on Feb. 27 and appeared in court on Monday and admitted using alcohol during a golf outing the day before the test. He was arrested and the judge set his bond at $150,000.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3965961"]Another arrest for Jacksonville Jaguars' Matt Jones - ESPN[/ame]

Wow i have searched the Sports forums and yea!! A lot of players have been called THUGS!! Some that never got in trouble just want a new contract or celebrated!? I guess a repeat COKE addict like this one is harmless and just needs help..LOL Some school's have been called thugs!! How ignorant can this be!!? Now some of the same people who have called others THUGS have change there point of views now!!?? Not all are thugs? If they go to the "U" THUGS? If they get shot by kids who robbed them.. They are all thugs and you can't take the Ghetto out of them!? Hum?:confused: Again people made such a stink and made sooo much fun of Ricky and other players, but now we need to get this poor innocent person help!? LMAO!! Yea right!

So to summarize, You are stereotyping people who you perceive are stereotyping black athletes?

It really is unbelievable that it's only March, 4 months later and he's back in the slammer on related charges. The new ones apparently also involve drinking alchohol during a golf outing which is in violation of the diversion program and probation terms.

Not unbelievable at all. That's why they call it addiction.

So to summarize, You are stereotyping people who you perceive are stereotype black athletes?
No i want to know and understand why this is OK? I posted the article and then got the oh it's OK. This is not bad post's. So now i have to wonder why this is OK this time when lesser stuff in the past has not been? Do you kinda see now? Stereotyping nope not me! Posting the exact same stuff that has been posted before for lesser stuff that is all.

No i want to know and understand why this is OK? I posted the article and then got the oh it's OK. This is not bad post's. So now i have to wonder why this is OK this time when lesser stuff in the past has not been? Do you kinda see now? Stereotyping nope not me! Posting the exact same stuff that has been posted before for lesser stuff that is all.

Post examples. Again, you're making assumptions.

When did anyone call Ricky Williams or Dwight Gooden the "scum of the earth"???

These guys are either stupid, don't care or have an addiction. Just like Matt Jones.

Sure Matt Jones is no saint. He committed a crime by using an illegal substance. This past run-in, he tested positive for ALCOHOL which was also wrong btw, because it was against his probation, but he is far from being the "scum of the earth."

Who said it's OK?? It's probably not the major story you seem to think it should be though....

Who said it's OK?? It's probably not the major story you seem to think it should be though....

Judging by the original post, it's evident the OP had a clear intent when starting this thread. He's interpreting the responses the way he wants.

No one said what Matt Jones was "ok." I said a drug violation is not the same as murder or rape, but I didn't say it was "ok" either. Big difference.

Ya not sure I see the big deal here... just a stupid person giving in to old habits that he was told to give up and will pay the price for it. What's the point of making it some racially charged thing with all the labels. He's just stupid, no need to go further than that really.

Light!! Oh NO other Player get caught with Marijuana and get called THUGS!! Why not this guy with MULTIPLE counts (Of coke) against Him!? Why should be keep it hush hush now?
He is a loser that should be in jail. THUG? I don't know maybe... I would have to hear more about his behavior. Does he beat people with chairs like Iverson? Thats a thug, black or white.

And to think that the off season just started for the National Felony League. I'm sure we'll see a few more of these stories popping up in the coming months.

(NFL) More Low LIFE SCUM OF THE EARTH!!

It's people like this (if we can call this low life THUG a person) that give the NFL a bad name!!

Somebody piss in your cornflakes? He isn't giving the NFL a bad name, himself -yes. Addict-yes. Thug - the only one he's beating on is himself.

And to think that the off season just started for the National Felony League. I'm sure we'll see a few more of these stories popping up in the coming months.

This comment isn't really necessary either... the crimes make the news but not all the charity work that comes as a result of NFL players joining their communities and giving back to them. Far more good comes from this than the 'bad' that comes from the few that make the news.

This thread is fairly absurd.

I just went back and re-read this thread and one thing that stood out was that the OP never even listed why Matt Jones was arrested! The majority of the posters seem to have just assumed that it was another Cocaine arrest, when in fact it wasn't.

I think it's very appropriate that the whole story is on the table before we start calling the guy "low life scum of earth."

"Jones tested positive for alcohol on Feb. 27 and appeared in court on Monday and admitted drinking alcohol during a golf outing the day before the test. He was arrested and the judge set his bond at $150,000."
Matt admitted to the court that he drank a couple of beers while playing golf last week with a friend! Wow...what a complete f-up :rolleyes: LOCK HIM UP! I hope he wasn't smoking cigarettes too!

BTW, I realize this was a violation of his probation and should face the consequences, but again, the OP's original statement is very, very harsh. And now I'm questioning the agenda of the post in the first place.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3965961"]Another arrest for Jacksonville Jaguars' Matt Jones - ESPN[/ame]

Matt admitted to the court that he drank a couple of beers while playing golf last week with a friend! Wow...what a complete f-up :rolleyes: LOCK HIM UP! I hope he wasn't smoking cigarettes too!

:haha:haha:haha Now THAT's funny!!!

But seriously, thanks for the clarification, HD! :up

BTW, I realize this was a violation of his probation and should face the consequences, but again, the OP's original statement is very, very harsh. And now I'm questioning the agenda of the post in the first place.

Another arrest for Jacksonville Jaguars' Matt Jones - ESPN

yeah i agree. i just heard this on espn and to be honest,yes he did violate his probation like you said but it's just a few freaking beers:rolleyes:! most of us assumed this morning that it was cocaine again but we were wrong. i can't even picture this guy being suspended by the nfl over a few beers. it would be an extreme considering that his 1st F*up was very serious and yet the punishment seemed a little bit light to me which i can understand because goddell was basing his decision on the outcome of the trial. and since the judge did dismiss the charges in exchange for matt going to rehab,the commissioner felt he shouldn't go further than a 3 or 4 game suspension.

so basically when you assume you make an ass of yourself as i did today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts