NFL Network not filling screen

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
Tuned in to the Steelers / Lions games and noticed the screen doesn’t fill the screen down the sides. The scrolling banner at the bottom does go all the way across. But the game has small black bars down each side. The commercials do the same thing. Does anyone know why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am assuming this is for the live preseason games? If it is, what NFL Network will do is resize the window so that the entire screen is above the ticker. If they keep it in the full 16:9 ratio plus their score ticker on the screen, the ticker covers up the graphics from the game. Some games it doesn't impact it, but they still resize it. But there are some graphics packages on these preseason games that have the scorebar that is so low that the ticker would cover it if the picture wasn't resized. (they could just turn off the ticker and avoid this situation and keep the game covering the full screen)

(Actually, as I re-read the original post, it is the preseason games)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Today as they started the Giants/Browns game, you can see the reason for the resize. When they started the game, the game graphics were behind the ticker, so they had to resize the window above the ticker so you can see the score/time/timeout/down and distance ticker from the browns broadcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts