NFL Network Talks for 2007-08 Season?

sensming

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
Is Cablevision even having talks with the NFL to negotiate having the NFL network for the upcoming season? (Either as part of the normal package or on a pay tier?)

Or, have those talks long since failed with little to no hope of bringing them back?

NFL Network carriage I doubt happens with the Dolans. They apparently want the NFL Sunday Ticket first, yet never put the $$$ up for it. So basically we won't see NFL Network for a couple of seasons, then we'll see if the Dolans carry it. If not, FIOS TV has it, if you can get it, as well as both Satellite companies.

the Dolans never had the chance to put money up for it, it was an exclusive deal with Direct tv and Direct tv only....talks are always ongoing with channel additions.

Cableguy, the NFLST was open for anyone to bid on back in 2005, if I recall correctly, when it was up for renewal. InDemand didn't bother, nor did any of the Cable companies themselves. So D* put in a bid and was given the rights once again. I'll be sure that in 2010, D* will outbid anyone, if anyone bids for it, since it's D*'s bread and butter for subscribers.

Am I inferring correctly that there will be no NFL network without the Sunday Ticket? The 2 are inextricably tied?

That's kind of a drag... I knew that Sunday Ticket was hopeless until 2010 (and beyond I'm sure... as mentioned before, dtv will do anything they can to maintain exclusivity there), but I guess I was hoping to maybe catch the games and coverage that the network has... sometime soon.

Bummer.

On Cablevision, there will be no NFL Network without the Sunday Ticket, based on what James Dolan has said in the press. NFL Network is not dependant on NFLST, otherwise FIOS TV, Dish Network, Time Warner, Comcast & Cox wouldn't carry the channel. They all do, last I checked!

BTW DirecTV can resell NFLST to other carriers, IIRC. I believe they included that in the deal they brokered in '05 to prevent anti-compete & anti-trust hassles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts