Nfl Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
waltinvt\ said:
There is no comparision. Nascar is the fastest growing sport in this country right now with currently more fans than all the other professional sports combined. Nascar runs from Feb to Nov (almost every week for 9 months out of the year). The typical attendence at a Nextel Cup race is between 150,000 to 200,000. I don't know what the figures are for TV advertising at a Nextel Cup race but I bet that command at least as much as much as a MLB, NBA or NFL game.

As you can guess, I am a Nascar fan (along with my daughter) but my wife and I like to watch the Pats and Red Sox too. But if I owned a satelllite company and had to pick which sport would give me the largest viewership, I think it would have to be Nascar. But what do I know - I just sit up here in Vt raising kids and watching tv.

We don't get out much:no . Although I do go to the Nascar race at Loudon NH every year and heck - that little 'ol 1 mile track draws 135,000 twice a year and is sold out 6 months ahead.

that would be all fine and well if Dish could carry it, but if I am not mistaken, Cable has exclusive rights to the fancy stuff and Dish and Direct are only allowed speedvision, FX, NBC, and Fox to show the races.

waltinvt\ said:
There is no comparision. Nascar is the fastest growing sport in this country right now with currently more fans than all the other professional sports combined.
Yup. There's nothing quite like the thrill and excitment of watching 40 some-odd guys making a left turn for a couple-three hours. I'm getting goose bumps thinking about it.

Watching other people drive is even more exciting than watching other people play cards!

GaryPen said:
Yup. There's nothing quite like the thrill and excitment of watching 40 some-odd guys making a left turn for a couple-three hours. I'm getting goose bumps thinking about it.

Watching other people drive is even more exciting than watching other people play cards!

Don't forget watching people fish and hunt so you don't have too!

Let's face it: TV sports is big business. That's why ESPN commands a higher per-subscriber price than virtually any other basic cable channel, even though it's not the most popular (that would be Nickelodeon), AND why the most expensive ad time is during the Super Bowl.

NFL Network would be one of the biggest additions to the E* lineup Charlie could make, so it's not surprising he would negotiate for it--and uplink it for testing during the negotiations. If it doesn't hit the lineup, then obviously the NFL couldn't make a deal with Charlie the tightwad. (I mean that in a good way, of course.)

GaryPen said:

Yea - well, I still think it's better than golf and bowling - maybe almost as good as roller-derby. And besides, they do occasionally make right turns - at the 2 road course races. So doodilly doo.:neener

Kevin_Texas said:
North Stars = Dallas Stars ;)

oh, that hurt...that really hurt. ;)
(actually, when they left I cried...I cired even more when they tore down Met Center..saw many a games there)

I still have my "Norm Green Sucks" shirt

and to complete the circle for the other team you thought vanished.

Jets = Avalanche

Iceberg said:
Atlanta Flames-Calgary
Colorado Rockies-NJ

HUH??? ..

When DID those 2 happen..?

...showed you how much TV i watched last couple of years.. with all these forums and satellite hobby :(

haha.. for sure i watched way MORE tv .. back when had basic cable :D

.. and Hartford .. when did they go?

Whalers left in 97 I think...same year as the J E T S

But Winterpeg has Minnesota's AHL team the Moose :)
(The Moose were in Minnesota before movign to Winnipeg and becoming the Manitoba Moose)

Ya.. Manitoba Moose ;)

They also have a minor league Baseball team now for few years - Winnipeg Goldeyes

but.. that's Correct - i remember about Hartford now.. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)