NFL Play-Offs 2015-16

Please, don't let this thread degrade into a all-Broncos, all the time one, just like the regular NFL thread did.....
We can talk about why the Kansas City Chiefs are the best team in the AFC right now, & why they'll be the ones representing the AFC in the upcoming Super Bowl. I doubt that there is anyone who has real confidence in their team advancing in the playoffs due to injuries &/or inconsistent offensive/defensive play. There's more of a "I hope my team does well" attitude these playoffs. The Chiefs(going by their 10 game winning streak), along with maybe the Cardinals & the Seahawks, are the only teams I have confidence in to advance in the playoffs.

Bell: Beware red-hot Chiefs, who hit playoffs in full stride
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s-afc-playoffs-alex-smith-andy-reid/78241952/

There’s reason to believe that the miracle might not be over. Just take a look around the AFC, where everybody’s got problems. The defending champion New England Patriots have been ravaged by injuries. The Cincinnati Bengals haven’t proven they can win in January, and now quarterback Andy Dalton’s status is iffy as he mends a broken thumb. The Broncos have sputtered on offense — with Manning and Brock Osweiler — and the Chiefs won convincingly in Denver in November.

The Chiefs started their winning streak by beating the Steelers, albeit a Pittsburgh team that was quarterbacked by backup Landry Jones rather than Ben Roethlisberger. As prolific as the Steelers are on offense, their defense has been inconsistent. And the Texans have scraped by with four quarterbacks during the course of the season and had the fortune of playing in the woeful AFC South.

oh and seeing the weather today on the news
HIGH of EIGHT on Sunday...low -8 :)

now they are saying MAYBE 5 for the high...but mainly staying around zero

BRUTAL: Sunday may see coldest game in the history of the Minnesota Vikings...

NFL Playoff Weather: Where We Revise The Seahawks/Vikings Forecast
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/1...where-we-revise-the-seahawks-vikings-forecast

Ahhhh, brings back fond memories of Bud Grant & the Purple People Eaters, good times.

Reactions: Jimbo
My predictions for the entire postseason:

Chiefs over Texans
Steelers over Bengals
Seahawks over Vikings
Redskins over Packers

Patriots over Chiefs
Steelers over Broncos
Cardinals over Redskins
Seahawks over Panthers

Patriots over Steelers
Cardinals over Seahawks

Cardinals over Patriots
I agree except chiefs over Patriots then chiefs over steelers. Arizona will still win it all.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

BRUTAL: Sunday may see coldest game in the history of the Minnesota Vikings...

NFL Playoff Weather: Where We Revise The Seahawks/Vikings Forecast
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/1...where-we-revise-the-seahawks-vikings-forecast

Ahhhh, brings back fond memories of Bud Grant & the Purple People Eaters, good times.
High now of -2 during the game
Yeah the news has been playing this up big time. They talked to Bud yesterday and like he said "it isnt like it use to be. Met Stadium field wasnt heated (TCF is) and he didnt allow heaters or gloves. There will be plenty of heaters there at the game

All we need was some snow and it would be PERFECT!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452116787.892242.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an absolute ball washing him and Simms gave to Manning and no mention of the HGH allegations. Shocker, Nantz and Manning have the same agent. You can't watch one Patriots game and not have the announcers mention ball deflation at some point when talking about Brady.

I was throwing up in my mouth listening to the commentary.

I agree except chiefs over Patriots then chiefs over steelers. Arizona will still win it all.

Not taking anything away from the Chiefs (they are far and away the hottest team entering the playoffs), but I'm having a hard time picturing them coming into Foxboro and beating the Patriots. Alex Smith is the ultimate game manager, but I think it would take more than that to get it done in this spot (IF Edelman comes back healthy). I fully admit I could be dead wrong on this. I remember the 2010 playoffs (Jan. 2011) and I didn't think there was any way a team would beat the Pats in Foxboro. And then the Jets came in here and soundly beat the Pats (after losing to them 45-3 three weeks before that on Monday Night Football). IMO, the only AFC playoff team that can win in Foxboro is the Steelers. Roethlisberger and his endless stable of receivers could potentially match the Pats point for point.

We can talk about why the Kansas City Chiefs are the best team in the AFC right now, & why they'll be the ones representing the AFC in the upcoming Super Bowl. I doubt that there is anyone who has real confidence in their team advancing in the playoffs due to injuries &/or inconsistent offensive/defensive play. There's more of a "I hope my team does well" attitude these playoffs. The Chiefs(going by their 10 game winning streak), along with maybe the Cardinals & the Seahawks, are the only teams I have confidence in to advance in the playoffs.

Bell: Beware red-hot Chiefs, who hit playoffs in full stride
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s-afc-playoffs-alex-smith-andy-reid/78241952/
Seahawks won't get past Arizona.

Not taking anything away from the Chiefs (they are far and away the hottest team entering the playoffs), but I'm having a hard time picturing them coming into Foxboro and beating the Patriots. Alex Smith is the ultimate game manager, but I think it would take more than that to get it done in this spot (IF Edelman comes back healthy). I fully admit I could be dead wrong on this. I remember the 2010 playoffs (Jan. 2011) and I didn't think there was any way a team would beat the Pats in Foxboro. And then the Jets came in here and soundly beat the Pats (after losing to them 45-3 three weeks before that on Monday Night Football). IMO, the only AFC playoff team that can win in Foxboro is the Steelers. Roethlisberger and his endless stable of receivers could potentially match the Pats point for point.
I'm hoping for this match up :D

The way the weather terrorists are hyping up the temp for Sunday at the rate they are going it will be -30 with -80 windchill ;)

Funny how Monday the temp was to be 10
then it was down to 6
then down to 3
last night the high on Sunday will be 1 but around -2 game time
now this morning the game time temp will be around -6

Then they are talking about frostbite and in 15 minutes you can get frostbite. Eh nothing that some peppermint schnapps cant take care of ;)

Reactions: BillD1984
Well the Vikes are helping the fans

On Thursday the Vikings released a statement asking their fans to be smart, plan for subzero temps and be extra cautious in guarding against frostbite during Sunday's NFC Wild Card Playoff Game with Seattle. The club is also taking a few steps to make sure its fans don't suffer from the cold temps.

• Free hand warmers will be distributed in the Fan Zone and at entry gates for those who need them (team is encouraging all fans to also bring their own).
  • Caribou Coffee will provide free coffee in the Fan Zone located on Oak Street outside TCF Bank Stadium.
  • Beginning at 9:00 a.m., Mariucci Arena will be open and available as a pregame warming house for fans.
The Vikings are also telling ticketholders to bring non-electric blankets inside the stadium, assuring fans that they not only allowed but encouraged. Club officials also say bringing cardboard or thin styrofoam to place under their feet, which can prevent cold from wicking up into their feet and bodies. It's a practice that is popular and reportedly effective when used in other cold weather stadiums across the NFL.

One thing to note is TCF Bank stadium when it was built was not built for weather like this. The field wasn't heated and I don't even think the concourses had much heat. Remember the goofers are done with their season by Turkey Day and it usually isn't that cold yet. The Vikes paid to put heating coils under the field and put heat in the concourses.

Well the Vikes are helping the fans

On Thursday the Vikings released a statement asking their fans to be smart, plan for subzero temps and be extra cautious in guarding against frostbite during Sunday's NFC Wild Card Playoff Game with Seattle. The club is also taking a few steps to make sure its fans don't suffer from the cold temps.

• Free hand warmers will be distributed in the Fan Zone and at entry gates for those who need them (team is encouraging all fans to also bring their own).
  • Caribou Coffee will provide free coffee in the Fan Zone located on Oak Street outside TCF Bank Stadium.
  • Beginning at 9:00 a.m., Mariucci Arena will be open and available as a pregame warming house for fans.
The Vikings are also telling ticketholders to bring non-electric blankets inside the stadium, assuring fans that they not only allowed but encouraged. Club officials also say bringing cardboard or thin styrofoam to place under their feet, which can prevent cold from wicking up into their feet and bodies. It's a practice that is popular and reportedly effective when used in other cold weather stadiums across the NFL.

One thing to note is TCF Bank stadium when it was built was not built for weather like this. The field wasn't heated and I don't even think the concourses had much heat. Remember the goofers are done with their season by Turkey Day and it usually isn't that cold yet. The Vikes paid to put heating coils under the field and put heat in the concourses.
I bet they didn't need to be told what to wear or what to do in sub-zero weather BEFORE the Metrodome was built.

Wild Card Weekend

Saturday, Jan. 9
Kansas City at Houston
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

Sunday, Jan. 10
Seattle at Minnesota
Green Bay at Washington

I bet they didn't need to be told what to wear or what to do in sub-zero weather BEFORE the Metrodome was built.
nah. They just got drunk :)
My stepdad went to alot of games there at Met Stadium and he said "we just dressed right.....and got hammered" :D

But in today's "wussified" (and I uses a W instead of a P so it would show) ;) world if they didnt tell everyone how to dress there would be some knucklehead who will get frostbite, has no isurnace, then will sue because "I wasnt told it would be that cold out there" :rolleyes:

Reactions: Foxbat

The Chiefs defense is better than Patriots and steelers defense. Defense still wins.

AFC Wild Card: Chiefs over Texans 24-17
Bengals over Steelers 17-13
NFC Wild Card: Vikings over Seahawks 23-10
Redskins over Packers 24-21.
AFC Divisional:pats over Bengals 20-7.
Chiefs over Broncos 24-21 ot
NFC Divisional: Panthers over Redskins 34-14
Cardinals over Vikings 34-31 ot
AFC Champ. : Pats over Chiefs 27-23
NFC Champ: Panthers over Cards 31-24.
Super Bowl 50: Panthers over Pats 24-21. Super Bowl MVP- Cam Newton. 30-48, 258 yrds. 2 tds, 0 INT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)