NFL Playoff Scenarios

I heard this morning on M&M that the Eagles can still win the division IF........

They win out and the Cowboys and Giants lose the next 2 out of 3 games left.

I highly doubt that's going to happen. I think when the season ends, the Lions and the Falcons will be the wild-cards and either Giants or the Cowboys will win the NFC East while the Bears and the Eagles will remain out.

I highly doubt that's going to happen. I think when the season ends, the Lions and the Falcons will be the wild-cards and either Giants or the Cowboys will win the NFC East while the Bears and the Eagles will remain out.
yeah its highly doubtful but you never know

Steelers- can clinch playoff berth with win OR one of the following lose: Jets, Titans, Raiders, Broncos

Steelers clinched a playoff berth today when the Titans lost to the Colts.

I think if the Giants win out, they win the NFC East. Technically, if the Eagles win out and the Giants AND Cowboys lose, the Eagles win the division. When I try to figure out the NFL Playoff Picture, I feel like I'm trying to study for an exam!!

Patriots- can clinch AFC East with win OR Jets loss

For the ninth time in the last 11 years, the Pats are AFC East champs

Ravens- can clinch playoff berth with win OR two of the following lose: Jets, Titans, Raiders

The Ravens clinched a playoff berth today

So there are two spots left in the AFC: West and wild card #2

For the ninth time in the last 11 years, the Pats are AFC East champs

The Ravens clinched a playoff berth today

So there are two spots left in the AFC: West and wild card #2

Just looked at the updated WC situation, I thought the Jets were OUT, but thats not the case.
It's also possible that the AFC North could have 3 teams in the Playoffs, if the Jets don't make it.

Jets have Giants and Dolphins
Cincy has Cards and Ravens

Cincy could lose both, or win both ...

Not sure what to expect with the Jets last two games.

I do know if the Steelers win out and Cincy beats the Ravens, the Steelrs will win the division and the Ravens would then probably take the # 5 /6th spot.

meanwhile the Vikes and Rams are fighting for the #2 pick

unless the Colts get on a **gasp** winning streak. Then they might go for #1 ;)

Just looked at the updated WC situation, I thought the Jets were OUT, but thats not the case.
It's also possible that the AFC North could have 3 teams in the Playoffs, if the Jets don't make it.

Jets have Giants and Dolphins
Cincy has Cards and Ravens

Cincy could lose both, or win both ...

Not sure what to expect with the Jets last two games.

I do know if the Steelers win out and Cincy beats the Ravens, the Steelrs will win the division and the Ravens would then probably take the # 5 /6th spot.

If the Ravens lose in SD tonight and the Steelers win in SF tomorrow night,the Steelers have a GREAT shot at the #1 seed.

If both those things happen, the Steelers would just need to beat the Rams at home and the Browns in Cleveland to get the #1 seed.

It's almost a mathematical lock that whoever DOESN'T win the AFC North between the Ravens and Steelers, will play a wild card game at the West winner (ITSET that would be Denver).

meanwhile the Vikes and Rams are fighting for the #2 pick

unless the Colts get on a **gasp** winning streak. Then they might go for #1 ;)

Ice,
If the Colts get pick #1, they will probably take Luck, say the Vikes get #2, who do they take, they have Ponder as thier QB for the future, are they confident enough with Ponder to Not take another QB ?
That is if RG3 and Landry come out, also I think Barkley will be in the mix as well.

If the Ravens lose in SD tonight and the Steelers win in SF tomorrow night,the Steelers have a GREAT shot at the #1 seed.

If both those things happen, the Steelers would just need to beat the Rams at home and the Browns in Cleveland to get the #1 seed.

I would be surprised to see the Steelers win tomorrow night, happy of course, but surprised.
Still have a gimpy Big Ben and Pouncey won't be playing and Harrison is out as well and Palomalu is hurting (hamstring).

I also don't see the Raven losing the rest of the season.

I am interested in seeing SD tonight as the Lions play them next week.

It's almost a mathematical lock that whoever DOESN'T win the AFC North between the Ravens and Steelers, will play a wild card game at the West winner (ITSET that would be Denver).

Oh, OK, thats better, it must be the record then, I wasn't sure, several times now the Steelers would play the Ravens in round one and I thought that maybe the NFL had the playoff set up that way to play divisions in first round, but it must have been when the second team from the AFC North was the one with the lowest record.

I think ...

Ice,
If the Colts get pick #1, they will probably take Luck, say the Vikes get #2, who do they take, they have Ponder as thier QB for the future, are they confident enough with Ponder to Not take another QB ?
That is if RG3 and Landry come out, also I think Barkley will be in the mix as well.
They might take a QB (but they got Ponder and Webb)....or maybe trade it for a bunch of picks

How about this scenario:

Week 16
Buffalo beats Denver
San Diego beats Detroit
Kansas City beats Oakland

Week 17
Kansas City beats Denver
Oakland beats San Diego

Final AFC West standings:
Denver..........8-8
Oakland.........8-8
San Diego......8-8
Kansas City....8-8

Somewhere, Pete Rozelle would be smiling!

How about this scenario:

Week 16
Buffalo beats Denver
San Diego beats Detroit
Kansas City beats Oakland

Week 17
Kansas City beats Denver
Oakland beats San Diego

Final AFC West standings:
Denver..........8-8
Oakland.........8-8
San Diego......8-8
Kansas City....8-8

Somewhere, Pete Rozelle would be smiling!

Wasn't it last year that a team won the division with a losing record ?
Year before maybe ...

Edit:

Seattle 7-9 Yikes !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts