NFL Playoff Scenarios

HD MM said:
The Cowboys are as unpredictable as the Jets. Plus, NY will be at home for that game. No matter what the scenario, I don't see the Giants laying down. Question though: Who do Giant fans hate more? Eagles or Dallas?

We hate Dallas more ... Eagles have caused recent heartache but pass after pass from Aikman and run after run by Smith still hurt deeply!!!

As a Giants fan, I hate Dallas and Philly equally. What about the last game of the 93 season, Cowboys/Giants in the Meadowlands for the NFC East Title? Dallas beats us in OT. What about "The Miracle in the Meadowlands-Part 1 AND 2"?

I'm just baffled. If every team in the AFC West were to finish 8-8 the Chiefs claim the division. I personally think the Chargers will win out and take the division (though it would depend on what happened with the other AFC West teams).

I'm just baffled. If every team in the AFC West were to finish 8-8 the Chiefs claim the division. I personally think the Chargers will win out and take the division (though it would depend on what happened with the other AFC West teams).

IF that happens, (Chargers win out) do the Lions still make the playoffs ?

With the Texans loss tonight, the Patriots now need only one win in their last two games (Miami and Buffalo, both at home) to secure a first round bye.

Jimbo said:
IF that happens, (Chargers win out) do the Lions still make the playoffs ?

Much of that probably depends on Atlanta since they are basically fighting over wild card spots.

BillD1984 said:
With the Texans loss tonight, the Patriots now need only one win in their last two games (Miami and Buffalo, both at home) to secure a first round bye.

I think they will pretty easily get that. Honestly, I'd expect them to have a tougher time with Miami than Buffalo (as of late).

Much of that probably depends on Atlanta since they are basically fighting over wild card spots.

Atlanta has New Orleans and Tampa Bay left, I will guess they split.

I think the Lions need 1 win regardless of what others do .... that said they are playing a Red Hot Chargers team and the Green Bay Packers.
Fortunately, the Pack have nothing to play for, but I doubt that will mean much as this is a pretty good Divisional matchup.

Looks like Atlanta and Detroit will make it as the 5 and 6, if they both end the same way they are now.
Atlanta has the #5 spot seeing they beat the Lions.

Very possible they both end like they are today.

Detroit has two tough games, Atlanta has 1.

Both teams are 2 games up on the closest competition.

Fat chance they were gonna fall to the 3 seed!It was only a matter of time.

If the past is any indication, securing a first round bye is a good sign for the Patriots. Last year was the first time in six tries ('96, '01, '03, '04 and '07 the others) the Pats failed to reach the Super Bowl after securing a bye.

OTOH, the Pats have won the SB only once ('03) being the #1 seed. They were also the #1 seed in '07 and '10.

So...if the Raiders win at home against the Doltz..and Baltimore BEATS the Bengals, the Raiders clinch the last wild card spot. If the Raiders win, Denver loses to KC...they win the AFC West.

Wow....

Lions clinched a wild card spot with their victory over SD today. First time in the playoffs since 99 :D

Well because of the Giants winning, the Eagles are out. Now, the Giants vs. Cowboys for the NFC East next week. Winner goes to the playoffs, loser goes home.

Well teams that did get eliminated from playoff contention today, Cardinals, Seahawks, Eagles, Cheifs and Chargers.