Week 17
Kansas City beats Denver
Oakland beats San Diego

Final AFC West standings:
Denver..........8-8
Oakland.........8-8
San Diego......8-8
Kansas City....8-8

Somewhere, Pete Rozelle would be smiling!

so denver still gets in even if they don't win another game unless san diego and oakland win the last two. so if the chargers and the raiders finish tied, who goes in?

so denver still gets in even if they don't win another game unless san diego and oakland win the last two. so if the chargers and the raiders finish tied, who goes in?

No,Kansas City wins the AFC West & gets in the playoffs. That will be a kick in the pants if Kyle Orton leads the Chiefs to the playoffs.

So are the Bengals in the driver seat as of right now for the last playoff spot?

No,Kansas City wins the AFC West & gets in the playoffs. That will be a kick in the pants if Kyle Orton leads the Chiefs to the playoffs.
and if the chiefs don't win another game and san diego and the raiders win out? who goes in out of those two?

I think at the moment the Jets have the 6th spot, so ya gotta watch and see what they do as well.

Bengals have the Cards and Ravens, so I hope the Bengals do win out, IF that happens and the Steelers take care of business the Bengals winning would put the Steelers at the top of the division and win it again !

Jets have the Giants and Dolphins left ...

At the moment:

Jets over Bengals due to ...
Jets Wins tie break over Cincinnati based on best win percentage in common games.

Last edited:
Unless the Ravens lose the last week to the Bengals (Bengals still have a chance for the last spot) and the Steelers win the rest, Rams and Browns ... Steelrs could STILL win the division, which would give them a much needed Bye Week off ...
But thats a Best case scenario.

Interesting, the Steelers could potentially lose BOTH games and still make the playoffs.

They would end up 10-6, and have the tie breakers with Cincy, but I'm not sure how it breaks down with the Jets and Steelers, Jets have Giants and Dolphins left, could potentially split.

Week 16 Scenarios

AFC

Patriots
-
have clinched AFC East
- can clinch first round bye with win AND Texans loss OR win AND Steelers AND Ravens loss
- can clinch homefield advantage with win AND Texans loss AND Steelers loss AND Ravens loss

Ravens
- have clinched a playoff berth
- can clinch AFC North with win AND Steelers loss
- can clinch first round bye with win AND Steelers loss and Texans loss

Steelers
- have clinched playoff berth

Texans
- have clinched AFC South

Broncos
- can clinch AFC West with win AND Raiders loss
- can clinch playoff berth with win AND Jets loss AND Bengals loss AND Titans loss

Mathematically eliminated- Bills, Dolphins, Browns, Jaguars, Colts

NFC

Packers
- have clinched NFC North AND first round bye
- can clinch homefield advantage with win OR 49ers loss

49ers
- have clinched NFC West
- can clinch first round bye with win OR Saints loss

Saints
- have clinched playoff berth
- can clinch NFC South with win

Cowboys
- can clinch NFC East with win AND Giants loss

Falcons
- can clinch playoff berth with win OR Cowboys loss AND Bears loss AND Cardinals loss OR Giants loss AND Bears loss AND Cardinals loss

Lions
- can playoff berth with win OR Bears loss AND Cardinals loss AND Seahawks loss AND EITHER Cowboys/Giants/Falcons loss

Mathematically eliminated: Redskins, Vikings, Panthers, Buccaneers, Rams

I heard this morning on M&M that the Eagles can still win the division IF........

They win out and the Cowboys and Giants lose the next 2 out of 3 games left.

Remember what I said last week and then everyone laughed at me? Well, it can still happen...

Eagles and Cowboys won in Week 15 and the Giants lost. Here's what needs to happen in the final 2 weeks for the Iggles to make the playoffs....

Eagles beat both:
@ Cowboys (Week 16)
vs. Redskins (Week 17)

Dallas lose to both:
vs. Eagles (Week 16)
@ NYG (Week 17)

Giants to lose:
@ Jets (Week 16)

Very doable. Don't bury the Dream Team yet.

Much lies on this upcoming Week 16 though. If the Eagles win, that'll mean Dallas loses. And if the very pissed off and motivated Jets beat the Giants, well, the Iggles are almost there.

Remember what I said last week and then everyone laughed at me? Well, it can still happen...

Eagles and Cowboys won in Week 15 and the Giants lost. Here's what needs to happen in the final 2 weeks for the Iggles to make the playoffs....

Eagles beat both:
@ Cowboys (Week 16)
vs. Redskins (Week 17)

Dallas lose to both:
vs. Eagles (Week 16)
@ NYG (Week 17)

Giants to lose:
@ Jets (Week 16)

Very doable. Don't bury the Dream Team yet.

Much lies on this upcoming Week 16 though. If the Eagles win, that'll mean Dallas loses. And if the very pissed off and motivated Jets beat the Giants, well, the Iggles are almost there.

FIRST of all, any scenario that includes a Jets victory is laughable.

Second of all, just thinking out loud here...if everything breaks as you say in week 16, there is a very good chance the Cowboys/Giants game will be moved to Sunday night in week 17.

That means if the Eagles have already won on Sunday afternoon, the Giants will know they've been eliminated before they take the field Sunday night. And the Eagles would need the Giants to win.

A lot of food for thought...

Sandra

FIRST of all, any scenario that includes a Jets victory is laughable.

Second of all, just thinking out loud here...if everything breaks as you say in week 16, there is a very good chance the Cowboys/Giants game will be moved to Sunday night in week 17.

That means if the Eagles have already won on Sunday afternoon, the Giants will know they've been eliminated before they take the field Sunday night. And the Eagles would need the Giants to win.

A lot of food for thought...

Sandra

The Cowboys are as unpredictable as the Jets. Plus, NY will be at home for that game. No matter what the scenario, I don't see the Giants laying down. Question though: Who do Giant fans hate more? Eagles or Dallas?

I'm a huge Cowboys fan and this week's game with the Eagles downright scares me. You're right, we've been very inconsistent this year. We should have had the division locked up by now but no we had to give the games away to the Lions, Cardinals, and Giants.

I'm a huge Cowboys fan and this week's game with the Eagles downright scares me. You're right, we've been very inconsistent this year. We should have had the division locked up by now but no we had to give the games away to the Lions, Cardinals, and Giants.

Interesting choice of words. The owner is scared too.

"Because it is the Eagles and after the butt-kicking they gave us up in Philadelphia, I'm scared," Jones said Tuesday on KRLD-FM. "It's that kind of feeling. The respect turns into being afraid of what they can do to you if you have some breakdowns out there, so you can put that scared there if you want to. I think sometimes I know I do my best when I'm scared."
Dallas Cowboys' Jerry Jones -- 'I'm scared' of Philadelphia Eagles - ESPN Dallas

Funny thing is if the Giants win at 1:00, the Eagles-Cowboys game becomes virtually meaningless. In that case, Cowboys will need to beat the Giants in week 17.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts