NFL Playoffs

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
I came across this interesting bit of information this morning. Since the playoffs expanded to 12 teams 18 years ago, only 19 teams have advanced after starting 0-2. That's basically one team per year. The Giants did it last season and won the SB to boot. So the question is: San Diego, Jacksonville, Minnesota , Cleveland, and Seattle are all 0-2, who do you see making the playoffs, in the face of these great odds?

I came across this interesting bit of information this morning. Since the playoffs expanded to 12 teams 18 years ago, only 19 teams have advanced after starting 0-2. That's basically one team per year. The Giants did it last season and won the SB to boot. So the question is: San Diego, Jacksonville, Minnesota , Cleveland, and Seattle are all 0-2, who do you see making the playoffs, in the face of these great odds?

Seattle, weak division.

I like SD and Minnesota's chances. Minnesota, because they play in the NFC, where the competition should not be so tough. Cleveland just lost one of their DE's, so injuries may be a problem.

I like SD and Minnesota's chances. Minnesota, because they play in the NFC, where the competition should not be so tough. Cleveland just lost one of their DE's, so injuries may be a problem.

Got that right.

Injuries just keep piling up. Here's a peak at our injury report. This is beginning to remind me of this year's Cleveland Indians. :(

(All starters at key positions, mind you).......

Right Tackle: Ryan Tucker
Right Guard: Rex Hadnot
WR: Donte Stallworth
WR: Joe Juervicius
Saftey: Sean Jones
DE: Robaire Smith
ST/WR: Josh Cribbs

My perception of Seattle is of a team in decline. They were lucky to get out of the division last year. If Arizona (NFC west's version of the Lions) are for real this time, Seattle will be SOL.

My perception of Seattle is of a team in decline. They were lucky to get out of the division last year. If Arizona (NFC west's version of the Lions) are for real this time, Seattle will be SOL.

Seattle has been snake bitten with a TON of key injuries as well. Also, Hasselback will be lucky to make it through the season. I don't think this is Seattle's year.

So are the Lions, I was trying to limit this to teams that had a realistic chance of making the playoffs.:D

I agree Paul, Dont think our lions will be number 20....I am sure Mr. Martz will have a fun time this sunday with the 49ers this weekend

With our new defensive backs, and the the Tampa 2defense,(or is it Tampa too, since the backfield seems to be all Tampa castoffs?) not having much experience against Martz, I see a 300Yd. passing day coming for Detroit castoff J.T. O'Sullivan. As if we didn't have enough troubles winning on the road, since Millen arrived....

I'm a big Bolts fan, but I think Denver may be for real. SD might have dug themselves too deep of a hole. I'll say the Vikings, cuz I don't think GB has legs, and the NFC North is a weak division too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)