NFL preseason 2010-2011 Official discussion thread!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Torry Holt cut by Jags

Jerry Porter cut by Dolphins, but then was re-added to the team because they don't have enough room under this year's salary cap for what he'd be paid as a result of being cut.

Edit: adjusted the Joey Porter blurb. they just don't have enough room under the existing salary cap to eat the accelerated part of his contract as a result of being released, so he has to remain on the roster until 3/5, his release was invalidated.

Last edited:
Torry Holt cut by Jags

Jerry Porter cut by Dolphins, but then was re-added to the team because they don't have enough room under this year's salary cap for what he'd be paid as a result of being cut.

Edit: adjusted the Joey Porter blurb. they just don't have enough room under the existing salary cap to eat the accelerated part of his contract as a result of being released, so he has to remain on the roster until 3/5, his release was invalidated.

And boy did Potter make the Mighty Tuna look stupid. There is a roster clause in his contract that if he is STILL on the roster by March 1st...they gotta pay Porter $1 Million!! You say it's no big deal....but it is because Porter spent the ENTIRE media week of the Super Bowl bad mouthing the ENTIRE organization...from coaching staff to players. NOW they not only gotta keep him till AFTER the 1st and pay him a million bucks...they have to sit there and take his sh** till they do and do nothing about it.

I really really really really don't want him and can't understand this at all.
I don't get it either. what's with the bengals and their habits of bringing this type of player/person to the team??? :confused:

I imagine they could potentially make some moves to free up some room to cut him prior to his bonus. Not familiar with the nuances of how much over the cap it put them to try and cut him.
thanks for the info since i wasn't completely aware of the details.either way i'm glad he's gone. his production is on a decline and its not enough to cover for his big a** mouth so good riddance.

I can see the browns to win at least 5 games!

For the Colts, this season they won't go undefeated as their fans claim to think they are.
check it out:

Home:
Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Cincinnati Bengals, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants
Away:
Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

I hope TO joins the bengals if the Bills let him go.
I mean, he would complete the total all stars roster for the bengals.

Who broke out of jail??

I hope TO joins the bengals if the Bills let him go.
I mean, he would complete the total all stars roster for the bengals.

Who broke out of jail??

With all fairness, I don't think TO has ever been in trouble with the law. He has a very expressive/distracting personality, but to lump him in with the rest of the Cincinnati criminals is unfair.

Raiders have signed Sea Bass to the richest kicker contract in history... 4 years for $16m, with 9m guaranteed.

I know this was posted in the other thread, but that one should probably go away, or we need to start an offseason thread and ignore this one for a bit too.

Raiders have signed Sea Bass to the richest kicker contract in history... 4 years for $16m, with 9m guaranteed.

I know this was posted in the other thread, but that one should probably go away, or we need to start an offseason thread and ignore this one for a bit too.

I think it is a great move....he finally he has gotten hi sh** together and there no stronger leg in the NFL in over 20 to 30 years.

Janikowski's always been a good kicker; the only problem is that his team loses more than they win the last few years. (His first 3 years, the Raiders won 3 straight division titles)

With all fairness, I don't think TO has ever been in trouble with the law. He has a very expressive/distracting personality, but to lump him in with the rest of the Cincinnati criminals is unfair.

Don't you think Chad and TO would make a great team? I mean all the idiotic stuff this 2 pulled off the last couple years....I mean, they would be a perfect match ehhe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts