NFL preseason 2010-2011 Official discussion thread!

It's not funny guys. My city has long been the scapegoat to all things miserable. Why? I struggle to understand. But I do think whoever wrote this column for Forbes doesn't have a clue about all the good Cleveland has to offer!

F* you Forbes! I don't care what you think. I love Cleveland and you won't find a more proud bunch if you tried. Maybe next time, you can try visiting and see for yourself all the good Cleveland has to offer just once before you set off to disgrace an entire city like that again!

It's not funny guys. My city has long been the scapegoat to all things miserable. Why? I struggle to understand. But I do think whoever wrote this column for Forbes doesn't have a clue about all the good Cleveland has to offer!

F* you Forbes! I don't care what you think. I love Cleveland and you won't find a more proud bunch if you tried. Maybe next time, you can try visiting and see for yourself all the good Cleveland has to offer just once before you set off to disgrace an entire city like that again!

Maybe the guy who wrote LIVED in Cleveland before and was dying to get out...?:confused::( PLENTY that DON'T live here in Miami would LOVE to live here....and plenty that live HERE would LOVE to get out!

Maybe the guy who wrote LIVED in Cleveland before and was dying to get out...?:confused::( PLENTY that DON'T live here in Miami would LOVE to live here....and plenty that live HERE would LOVE to get out!

Nope. Just another hack who pointed out the stereotypical faults. Clearly an outsider. I mean, for the love of God, who still references fire on the Cuyahoga!? Is that topic EVER going to die? it happened in 1969 for God's sake!

Nope. Just another hack who pointed out the stereotypical faults. Clearly an outsider. I mean, for the love of God, who still references fire on the Cuyahoga!? Is that topic EVER going to die? it happened in 1969 for God's sake!

So what....! :rolleyes: They still reffer to the "cocaine cowboys" days of the late 70s early 80s here. It is and ALWAYS WILL be part of YOUR cities history...negative or positive....for the rest of Cleveland's life...whether you and any other Clevelander likes it or not. Same thing about those "cocaine cowboy" days of Miami Beach will be to Miami.....Miamians hate it...but they know it happened so they just ignore it every time it gets brought up. Believe me, you guys have it easy....you didn't have a time magazine cover portraying your city as the most dangerous city in the world...

...what it is is a bad review. Your happy with where you are at, deal with it. WHY should YOU care what anyone says...you like it, your wife and family like it...and in the end, it's that ALL that counts....?;)

Welcome to our world, Vegas, where the mob and corruption run the town.

Oh wait, but that was 30 years ago, though many people thought things were run better back then.

We'll double or triple in size and still never see a NFL team here because of that stigma, if any place is good at preventing corruption it's here. People who want to bet already do so, and from anywhere in the country. The physical temptation is irrelevant when people can place bets from any cell phone at a sports book overseas these days.

One day we'll move away from my home city of 31 years and counting, and one of my criteria for moving will be a nearby NFL team so I can get season tickets :)

I suppose I could even get them now, but I'm not driving to California for games, and the drive to AZ puts me to sleep. Needs to be a bit closer than that.

5 cities in Ohio listed on the top 20 most miserable cities in the US list... part of the criteria is pro sports teams.

Forbes: Cleveland 'Most Miserable' US City - Travel News Story - KITV Honolulu

Cleveland tops the list, Detroit is fourth. Chiefs, Jets/Giants, and Eagles markets also represented on the list.

Cleveland
Stockton, Calif.
Memphis, Tenn.
Detroit
Flint, Mich.
Miami
St. Louis
Buffalo, N.Y.
Canton, Ohio
Chicago
Modesto, Calif.
Akron, Ohio
Kansas City
Rockford, Ill.
Toledo, Ohio
New York City
Sacramento, Calif.
Youngstown, Ohio
Gary, Ind.
Philadelphia

This isn't about markets, it's about actual cities...and no New Jersey cities are on the list!

New Jersey is not represented at all, but they obviously haven't been in my house the day the Rangers get eliminated from the playoffs...it doesn't get much more miserable. It's going to be a real test for my fiance to see if he can put up with me like that again!

Sandra

This isn't about markets, it's about actual cities...and no New Jersey cities are on the list!

New Jersey is not represented at all, but they obviously haven't been in my house the day the Rangers get eliminated from the playoffs...it doesn't get much more miserable. It's going to be a real test for my fiance to see if he can put up with me like that again!

Sandra
Maybe Newark might have been on the list, but it isn't because they have four pro sports teams: Nets, Devils, Jets, Giants.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, but I am just kidding. I have never been there, so I can't officially say anything about it. I want to go there and see the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and see Jacob's Field........yes Jacob's Field, not that other name.

Maybe Newark might have been on the list, but it isn't because they have four pro sports teams: Nets, Devils, Jets, Giants.

That's just supposition.

There are cities on the list with pro sports teams, and cities without pro sports teams. As well as cities NOT on the list who do and do not have pro sports teams as well.

More likely, Newark isn't on the list because...it's not on the list! ;)

Sandra

Take what I say with a grain of salt, but I am just kidding. I have never been there, so I can't officially say anything about it. I want to go there and see the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and see Jacob's Field........yes Jacob's Field, not that other name.

I know you guys were kidding. The anger was directed at the author of the Forbes column, not you or Rey. :)

Now for important news.

Drew Brees, Reggie Wayne, and Jared Allen are the finalists for the Madden cover this year. Allen is lobbying for it, doesn't believe in a curse.

"If I make the cover, I'm going to straighten my mullet and make it as trashy as possible," Allen said. "You have to highlight the tools that got you there."

Panthers are expected to announce today/Tuesday that they will not be tagging Julius Peppers and he'll become a free agent.

Unrelated, PFT reporting the first positive HGH test in a rugby player, hopefully coming to a NFL drug screening program near you!

Yeah, LT is going to be selective, says he wants to play for a team that is contending for a title and the 27 y/o Rolle is just going to want a payday.
Everyone in SD wishes LT the best, but the Chargers should have held on to Turner instead of LT two years ago.