NFL preseason 2010-2011 Official discussion thread!

Are you ready for some football??!!! I know I AM!! :up

Nationally televised preseason games (all times Eastern):

Hall of Fame Game

Sun 8/8: Cincinnati vs. Dallas- 8:00pm (NBC)

Week 1

Thur 8/12: Carolina @ Baltimore- 8:00pm (ESPN)

Mon 8/16: NY Giants @ NY Jets- 8:00pm (ESPN)

Week 2

Thur 8/19: New England @ Atlanta- 8:00pm (FOX)

Fri 8/20: Philadelphia @ Cincinnati- 8:00pm (FOX)

Sun 8/22: Minnesota @ San Francisco- 8:00pm (NBC)

Mon 8/23: Arizona @ Tennessee- 8:00pm (ESPN)

Week 3

Thur 8/26: Indianapolis @ Green Bay- 8:00pm (ESPN)

Fri 8/27: San Diego @ New Orleans- 8:00pm (CBS)

Sat 8/28: Dallas @ Houston- 8:00pm (CBS)

Sun 8/29: Pittsburgh @ Denver- 8:00pm (NBC)

I plan on getting it, $40 to finally watch some non-delayed football from my team, backups or not (especially since the Chiefs backups are about as good as the starters :rolleyes:), and the ability to watch any other preseason games on demand is decent value to me.

Can't stand watching delayed or recorded sports, and at the same time will let me go and watch what I want of the other games too as I feel like it, rather than recording anything that might be interesting.

I also read that more people are going to be able to get access to an online version of Sunday Ticket... it's a narrow eligibility... like people in apartment buildings that aren't able to get any dish service... will be $300+, but is kind of a preview of what's coming, DirecTV has to have an online version of Sunday Ticket available by 2012.

I plan on getting it, $40 to finally watch some non-delayed football from my team, backups or not (especially since the Chiefs backups are about as good as the starters :rolleyes:), and the ability to watch any other preseason games on demand is decent value to me.

Can't stand watching delayed or recorded sports, and at the same time will let me go and watch what I want of the other games too as I feel like it, rather than recording anything that might be interesting.

I also read that more people are going to be able to get access to an online version of Sunday Ticket... it's a narrow eligibility... like people in apartment buildings that aren't able to get any dish service... will be $300+, but is kind of a preview of what's coming, DirecTV has to have an online version of Sunday Ticket available by 2012.

That is GREAT news! I might do a little investing on that pres-season package myself...

Shanna-stain has FINALLY proved his point, but let's hope NOT at the cost of his best player's health. Without, Haynesworth....that defense is mediocre at best.

“He probably doesn’t like me very much right now,” Shanahan said, “but I’m not here to be liked. I’m here to get him to play, and hopefully he’ll play at a very high level.”

Merely passing the test took enough of a toll to keep Haynesworth from getting through a full practice. After doing some defense drills—blocking sleds, recovering fumbles, etc.—he had a huge wrap put on his persistently sore left knee midway through the session and became a spectator again during the offense-vs.-defense team drills.

“Last year he said he was having problems every third or fourth day with the knee, so there is a problem there,” Shanahan said.

Haynesworth passes Redskins conditioning test - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Shanna-stain has FINALLY proved his point, but let's hope NOT at the cost of his best player's health. Without, Haynesworth....that defense is mediocre at best.

Haynesworth passes Redskins conditioning test - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

The Defense will be mediocre regardless.

Do you REALLY watch all the pre season games all the way thru ?
I may watch the 1st half, but thats about it, the back ups play all but the first series anyways.
The 2nd half are players that won't make it regardless.

The Defense will be mediocre regardless.

Do you REALLY watch all the pre season games all the way thru ?
I may watch the 1st half, but thats about it, the back ups play all but the first series anyways.
The 2nd half are players that won't make it regardless.

I will this year. I am very interested in what is going on with the Raiders MORE than ever.

Even though it's preseason, they are still good to watch.

I'll watch what I can, the Steeler's are usually on for at least one game in the pre season that I'll catch.

Games other than the Steeler's I'll watch the 1st quarter unless there are players that I know that are fighting for positions.

Promising rookie who had a great game before leaving w/ injury last night Cowboys TE John Phillips wa confirmed this morning to have a torn ACL and will be out for the season.

He was deep in the depth chart, but made a really good case for playing time last night, sucks.

So the Bengals lost last night- big deal.

Last year, they were beaten by the Rams in a preseason game, and they still won the AFC North.

The 1990 Bills and 1991 Redskins, both talented teams like Cleveland, had a combined 1-7 preseason record.

During their respective seasons, they went a combined 30-5.

So the Bengals lost last night- big deal.

Last year, they were beaten by the Rams in a preseason game, and they still won the AFC North.

The 1990 Bills and 1991 Redskins, both talented teams like Cleveland, had a combined 1-7 preseason record.

During their respective seasons, they went a combined 30-5.

Come on Sabres, you beating a dead horse, we all know that Pre Season records don't mean SQUAT ... the starters only play for a few minutes.

IF the Pre season meant anything, the Lions would actually be GOOD/Great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)